Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 149418 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 08:23:44 AM

I think the keys should go out at  noon EST right?  or is it noon PST?  Cant wait to try this thing.  (only game I've KSed, and you know how I feel about KSing games)

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 08:27:37 AM

I sometimes wish I liked people enough to co-op. This, Saint's Row, TOR, that's about it.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 08:38:21 AM

Alpha release probably still happening today, but:

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 13m
Had to pull the plug at the very last minute - some installer issue. Once that's solved, we'll put the D:OS alpha live. #today

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 11:08:14 AM

Alpha just went live.  Larianvault will have your steam key.
Supposedly a shitton of bugs, but I'm gonna give it a gander anyways.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

Downloading it, at last!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Here's the "alpha's here" announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFEjWd00Qw

Swen always seems such a posed and well-grounded guy. Hope the guys at Larian will manage to release a great game  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

I sometimes wish I liked people enough to co-op. This, Saint's Row, TOR, that's about it.

It's almost Christmas sky, we can play more Swtor.......

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 07:57:07 PM

My poor old assassin can't camp the champ mobs like our BHs did. Every class should really get a healer companion asap. As dps, I'm pretty much stuck with Khem, as I don't like being left with a sliver of health just burning down an elite mob, let alone champ. And without healing, Khem can't tank a champ though I did get a -4 level champ to about 10% burning CDs.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 09:28:22 PM

Swen always seems such a posed and well-grounded guy. Hope the guys at Larian will manage to release a great game  Heart

Yes. I have to admit after watching the kickstarter pitch I developed a little crush, and it was basically why I pledged.  Heart

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:28 AM

Whoa, this game IS good.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 03:25:22 AM

Whoa, this game IS good.

Is it immersive?

I only ever heard good things about Divinity 2, but playing it myself I found it very hard to get into. I am not sure what, maybe something about the setting, the atmosphere which made it feel a bit generic and "not serious" enough. Still haven't passed the first 1/4th of the game, and it's a shame I think, probably missing out. :(

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

Release pushed back to Summer 2014.

According to Sven Vicke in a Gamestar.de interview. According to Vicke it's mostly the Kickstarter goals, especially the day night cycle, that needs longer than they expected.

Not really surprising. The Alpha version thats playable for Kickstarter user didn't look like something thats out in less than a month. I am partly sad because (again, judging from the Alpha) the game is shaping up really well. But glad they have the power push back instead of being forced to shove out an unfinished product *cough* Kotor 2 *cough*.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

I bought it when it launched on Steam Alpha, but haven't had a chance to open it.  I'm okay with delays to make it better, though. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 01:01:55 PM

Not surprised at all, they were pretty sure it was going to take quite a bit more work to incorporate all that stuff. I'm in no hurry.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 03:57:53 AM

Fantastic "1 year later" video. Game is getting better and better and better (and beta is already great) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevrTza0Nxg

EDIT....now with a release date! June 20th, 2014

....And with a new update on Steam Early Access!!

Complete overhaul of loot generation matrix. Expect much cooler treasure.
Added 135 music tracks, including some all-time favourites from previous Divinity games
Added skill “Way of the Rogue” and a variety of new Rogue skills
Full overhaul of your Homestead at the End of Time
You can create different user profiles, so your little brother or sister can play, too.
Difficulty settings have been added, so players can pick which sort of experience they prefer.
Added formations, both in turn-based combat and in real-time, for optimal tactical positioning
All players playing Divinity: Original Sin can now chat with each other, making it easier to form multiplayer groups within the community.
Added an “Illusionist Mirror” through which you can change your player’s looks in-game
Replaced “repair” with “blacksmithing” and charm/intimidate/reason abilities by “charisma”
Amended stats of “Way of the Ranger” skill
Skill stats now level up with the characters, e.g. a level 1 flare is still useful at level 15.
Added plenty of new skill visual effects
Skills now have certain requirements. You can still learn a skill by boosting the relevant ability artificially, but once you lose the boost, you won’t be able to use the skill anymore.
Full overhaul of all lighting, shading, and zoom. Get up close and personal!
You can now give commands to each party member independently. Commands will be executed even if you’re focused on another party member.
Party members avoid traps. Traps can be disarmed with disarm trap kits (an alternative solution to blowing up the trap, which may destroy neighbouring objects).
Journal now tracks the recipes you’ve learned.
You can switch between party members while trading.
There is now an interface to assign companions to other players in multiplayer.
Several stability and performance fixes were made, in addition to loads of bug fixes. Most of the remaining networking issues should be solved now, too.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:30:21 AM by Lucas »

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 06:43:22 AM

Game is starting to shape up into a seriously professional experience.  I think I might go hands-off the build and wait until official release.  It's that good.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 06:47:29 AM

Good for them, I'll give it a look when it releases.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 02:42:04 PM

Some facts about Divinity: Original Sin, since I've noticed that it's on the Steam sale right now (have been in early access since the alpha):

Now with CHARACTER CREATION VIDEO!! (it's from 2 weeks ago, doesn't include the latest patch, implemented 5 or 6 days ago, although it didn't change that aspect of the game dramatically)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4DOA4ET5LU
---------------------------

- It comes out June 30th, 2014 (yep, that's 10 days, basically)

- Currently, it's almost bug-free

- Character creation is great, and now it strongly resembles the Arcanum one (minus the backgrounds and race selection: in D:OS, your starting character/s is human)

- Its inspiration, when it comes to item interaction (with the environment and inside your inventory), NPC schedules and world detail is definitely Ultima VII-esque.

- Isometric view, not fixed, but not full camera rotation either;

- Game is apparently VERY long, not unlikely the original Divinity Divinity, which I still think it's basically neverending :P  ;

- It has turn-based combat with action points  ;

- You can hire companions that have certain personalities (still have to do that). But don't expect something as detailed as BG2 ;

- Graphic style is kinda "cartoony"; there's lots of humor, just like the original Divinity; the soundtrack was made by the awesome Kirill Pokrovsky (it's mostly a piano-based soundtrack, no fancy or boasting stuff like other soundtracks) ;

- It comes with an editor

- And yes, you can play "duo" with another person, also thanks to Steam integration (but I guess it will work over GOG too)

tl;dr It's shaping up to be FUCKING GREAT. Just purchase it already if you like CRPGs, you fools  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But, on the other hand, remember that I have "suspect taste in games"  why so serious?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:46:36 PM by Lucas »

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:38 PM

I own it and I like the 30 minutes I've played.  I purposefully held off playing more to preserve the launch experience. 

I think it's going to shape up to be a great game, though be aware that if you buy now, you only get about 20% of the game until the 30th.  Plus, anything you play till then will likely not be compatible.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:50 PM

I own it and I like the 30 minutes I've played.  I purposefully held off playing more to preserve the launch experience. 

I think it's going to shape up to be a great game, though be aware that if you buy now, you only get about 20% of the game until the 30th.  Plus, anything you play till then will likely not be compatible.

Yep, savegames won't be compatible.

Another video about the recent character creation update; also some gameplay from the starter area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-vmhoeKR-Y

He skips the beginning cave; another notable feature: if you play solo, of course you command both the protagonists, but you can assign different tasks to them, and that's useful for puzzles, like pressure plates, avoid traps, discover hidden triggers and so on. There is also a "formation" button for when your party grows bigger, similar to Baldur's Gate.

Elements are a factor in combat and in other situations: use a "rain" spell on something that is on fire. Or use an electricity spell on water for maximum efficiency :D ; game also comes with the usual tropes: lockpicking, discover traps, loremaster in order to identify objects; bartering with NPCs  and more.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:17 PM

Same as I said for Eternity; no interest in testing due to spoilers. I'm ok with waiting.
Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 09:44:57 PM

The 2 pack with the older games and DLC was too good of a deal to pass up. Looks like this could be a fun game for co-op with the wife.

Any idea if I load up early access if it will just patch on release day or will require downloading and installing the entire thing again? Shitty internet so I'll just wait for the 30th if it's the latter.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 07:11:37 AM

I already asked in the Steam Sale thread, but maybe this is more appropriate.  How on earth does this game already have DLC if it isn't even out yet?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 07:16:47 AM

I already asked in the Steam Sale thread, but maybe this is more appropriate.  How on earth does this game already have DLC if it isn't even out yet?

Ha, good question.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 07:41:42 AM

It surprised me when I saw it yesterday, too.  I'm not too worried; the base game was only $40 so this would bring it to $50.  From what I've seen so far, I think it will be worth it for me to buy.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:38 AM

I just bought it because it was on sale and this is the old fashioned sort of rpg that I love.  I got loads of cards all of a sudden, too, and not just for this game.  Weird.  I bought the toofer because it includes two games, one for me and my sister (luckily it's also Mac), and Divine Divinity which I don't seem to have any more.  Maybe that's why they gave me so many cards.  I don't do cards, though.

For some reason this has made me overly excited and I broke out in hives.  Calm down, Signe.  Take a nap.  Or a Xanax.   

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 08:26:06 AM

I already asked in the Steam Sale thread, but maybe this is more appropriate.  How on earth does this game already have DLC if it isn't even out yet?

Ha, good question.

Looking at the DLC content, I think it simply includes some of the original kickstarter digital items/rewards. Compare it with this chart:

http://www.larian.com/kickstarter/rewards_Matrix_Digital_big.jpg

CaptainNapkin - I think the currently available beta version will simply become the official release one throughout  a patch on release day (if they need to do that), no need to re-download everything. But it's better if you ask either on Steam or the official forums; both have Larian representatives that should be able to answer your question.
------

Official unboxing of the Kickstarter collector's edition (can't wait to have it in my greedy hands. Cards are awesome  DRILLING AND MANLINESS):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGngb4egREM

Available here: https://www.larianvault.com/product.php?item=43
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:38:50 AM by Lucas »

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:37 AM

If this were less Baldur's Gate and more Diablo, I'd be all over it. As it stands, I'm more excited about Sacred 3. Larian is not good enough at writing to make me want to dick around with a CRPG from them.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

So this is fun.  However, damn, I haven't played an actual RPG that doesn't hold your hand in years and it's showing as I struggle through the first big story quest.

Also; the camera is goddamn terrible.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 23, 2014, 04:35:23 AM

I gave it a spin for a couple hours last night and while the camera's not fantastic, I've seen much much worse (NWN 1 and 2 come immediately to mind).

Game itself is pretty great, and I've whetted my appetite for the full thing next week.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 23, 2014, 08:34:08 AM

Camera is frustrating, yeah.

I spent ten minutes in the early dungeon trying to figure out how to separate my two guys when I hit the first pressure plates only to get the hint from the game about how to do it right after that.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 08:37:26 AM

I had to turn off the panning edges option and enable the rotate camera option.  I just seemed to fling the camera all over the place until I did that. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #66 on: June 23, 2014, 09:34:25 AM

Finally hit level 5 last night before bed which means I can head up north.

Spellcaster-Rogue was a bad starting combo.  The 2h warrior woman you pick-up in town may be crazy but she destroys the shit out of monsters in a way the other two wish they could even approach.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 24, 2014, 04:36:45 AM

Editor releases in two days; comes with the groundbreaking "Cow Simulator 2014":

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/23/nude-skins-ahoy-divinity-original-sin-editor-due-this-week/#more-215005

It will also include a copy of the main campaign that you'll be able to modify (and then play) as you see fit.
---

Just to have some fun with it, I'm toying with the idea of replicating the beginning of Ultima VII (Trinsic and the murder mystery).

CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 06:42:54 AM

Played a tiny bit through the tutorial and enjoyed it enough to decide to break and wait for release. I typically don't like turn based combat but this didn't turn me off immediately.
So I loaded up the original and wow, how did I ever miss that one? Good stuff.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 06:48:26 AM

Is this really going to be released, complete, in a few days? I am trying to avoid buying another unfinished "early access" beta game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: