Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382665 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #175 on: July 22, 2013, 10:58:13 AM

It isn't going to last so work fast.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: July 22, 2013, 12:53:04 PM

The tier your server is for a week is now randomly chosen to be adjusted up or down 1 position. Jade Quarry is still the 3rd ranked server they just get to beat up the 4th and 6th ranked servers this week. Meanwhile poor Dragonbrand that is only 5th ranked got randomly chosen to be in T1. Even though they are in third place right nowin T1 they actually gaining ranking points for putting in a good show. In fact they are gaining nearly 45 points while JQ easily winning the T2 matching is only gaining 1.2 points.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #177 on: July 22, 2013, 02:14:48 PM

Jade Quarry is in a weird spot right now WvW-wise, I think, because we are clearly just way more GRRRRRR than the T2 people we're up against this week, but we don't have the coverage (or WvW population, it feels like) that SoR and BG have, so they (from what I saw) crap all over us. Basically when we're in T1, I have Mid/Igraine flashbacks, when we're in T2, we are suddenly Mid/Percival.

I find the board trash talk funny, it's very nostalgic. SoR accusing BG and JQ working together last week was my favorite, although I am enjoying that BG is beating the fuck out of SoR this week without JQ around to distract them (especially since apparently JQ has a ridiculous SEA presence, complete with a commander whose name BG and SoR players use to frighten their children into being good). And of course the thread for this week's match up is sort of cute, it starts out with all three servers being very excited for the coming week and then TC and FA sort of losing their enthusiasm, in part because of that aforementioned insane commander.

But yeah Kild if you want those POIs and stuff, this is the week to do it.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:12 PM

Tonight was fun, the other two servers turned our garrison into swiss cheese! One was breaking the west, the other the east/south and we had no time to actually retake anything to resupply. Wipe one side and then move immediately to the other one.

We finally cleared everything out and went to retake a tower, but somehow didn't leave any eyeballs in the garry and gifted someone a empty throneroom.  why so serious?

Took like 30 minutes to take it back in the end!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:41 AM

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-23-content-release-notes/

Patch notes up.

Also: Rangers are absolutely silly in keep defense. I'm sure everyone already knew that, but still.

I also didn't see many necros out and about last night, which struck me a really odd. Rangers, Guardians and Warriors all the way down.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #180 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:35 PM

My main enemy in keep taking are those goddamn arrow carts. And MAN, do the other two servers love them some arrow carts.

Staff elementalist is pretty fun in WvW. Lay down my fields, run around crying for a little bit, collect loot bags.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:54 PM

Yep. I like to switch between staff for sieges (meteor shower can hit way-out-of-LOS siege, which is nice) / zerginess and scepter/dagger for smaller groups / soloing... s/d is pretty decent with the last patch, and can burst shit down like whoa. I wouldn't take it in a zerg, though, as 900 range is Definitely Not Enough  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:13:39 PM by Zetor »

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: July 25, 2013, 08:37:24 PM

Well I logged back in after 6 months away to see how things looked.  First I noticed there was almost no one in Orr, there used to be tons of people farming there and now its dead.  So I did some event farming for a bit and noticed I had over 100K karma so I hit a few vendors and there was nothing to spend it on I didn't already have or wanted since 6 months ago.  I noticed this 4500 karma box so I purchased up a bunch and got jack shit out of all of them...gg.  So Karma still appears useless.  Did a few world bosses, got junk.  So, I guess in summary nothing much has changed unless you like doing puzzles and shit?  Are the populations so low now that you can't do any of the big events?  I went to about 10 events that can't be soloed and no one came to any of them, just NPC's standing there or bosses waiting to go and no one cares to do them.  Went to lower level areas and saw same thing everywhere I went.  So I decided my only end game fun as a solo player will be to farm money somehow, anyone have any suggestions?  Crafting or farming mats to sell or something?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: July 25, 2013, 09:11:55 PM

What server are you on?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: July 25, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

Populations aren't low as much as the reward structures changed a bunch. So the population congregates near the revamped reward events.

Basically, major events give you a rare all the time once per day per account. This means dragons, and pretty much anything that results in a Splendid or Grand chest spawning. So you can always find people in Harathi doing the centaur chain, or watching the timers and showing up for Orr temples (and absolutely nothing else, which means half the time the temples aren't even up)

It's basically a direct result of the reward changes punishing repeatedly farming the same event and really only buffing certain events. So everyone who is farming goes to the easiest and fastest chains. Nothing in Orr is nearly as brain dead easy as things like Harathi or the Ice Worm thingy in snowland.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: July 26, 2013, 12:29:16 AM

Karma can be spent at the Orrian Temples - if they are uncontested - for some nice armour - I think I spent 60K a piece on the heavy set.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: July 26, 2013, 12:34:48 AM

So I havent played in quite a while and logged in to see how badly they fucked up the ranger. Pretty bad. I notice since they added the stealth on longbow pet agro seems to have been diminished considerably. I know my pet didnt used to have anywhere near the problem holding agro last time I played which effectively makes the solo pve for rangers worse than ever. I guess that is to justify putting an agro dump on longbow but doesn't help the shortbow in the slightest. Any urge I had to start playing has evaporated.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: July 26, 2013, 03:07:38 AM

Well I logged back in after 6 months away to see how things looked.  First I noticed there was almost no one in Orr, there used to be tons of people farming there and now its dead.

Soon as I finish with Orr I'm certainly never going back, what an ugly and depressing set of zones. Try the new event zone or Southsun Cove (if you need mobs that are more end-game than Orr).

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:10 AM

What server are you on?
Henge of Denravi.  I even asked in chat where I would find people and the answer was go do the event  Facepalm
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:03:06 AM by Shatter »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: July 26, 2013, 07:39:10 AM

Well I logged back in after 6 months away to see how things looked.  First I noticed there was almost no one in Orr, there used to be tons of people farming there and now its dead.  So I did some event farming for a bit and noticed I had over 100K karma so I hit a few vendors and there was nothing to spend it on I didn't already have or wanted since 6 months ago.  I noticed this 4500 karma box so I purchased up a bunch and got jack shit out of all of them...gg.  So Karma still appears useless.  Did a few world bosses, got junk.  So, I guess in summary nothing much has changed unless you like doing puzzles and shit?  Are the populations so low now that you can't do any of the big events?  I went to about 10 events that can't be soloed and no one came to any of them, just NPC's standing there or bosses waiting to go and no one cares to do them.  Went to lower level areas and saw same thing everywhere I went.  So I decided my only end game fun as a solo player will be to farm money somehow, anyone have any suggestions?  Crafting or farming mats to sell or something?

Or you could have asked and we could have told you to do none of those things... You can still get exotic gear from karma, several different sets, you just didn't know where to look.  Orr is not where farming is done, world bosses drop loot like candy now including a bonus chest with a guaranteed yellow/orange each. End game is still either finding something you enjoy doing from dungeons/pvp/exploring and doing it or playing pretty princess dress up which generally involves one or all of the above.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: July 26, 2013, 08:47:32 AM

So I havent played in quite a while and logged in to see how badly they fucked up the ranger. Pretty bad. I notice since they added the stealth on longbow pet agro seems to have been diminished considerably. I know my pet didnt used to have anywhere near the problem holding agro last time I played which effectively makes the solo pve for rangers worse than ever. I guess that is to justify putting an agro dump on longbow but doesn't help the shortbow in the slightest. Any urge I had to start playing has evaporated.

Rangers are kind of awesome at the moment. It's really strange.

That said: pet aggro and aggro in general is heavily proximity based. Short Bow's aggro issues are tied mostly to the range reduction. If you're at 1400 or so range with a long bow and send your pet in you should be good to go for a while with threat. My experience though is that I rarely want my pet holding aggro and it's just easier to go whack things with a sword in pve and use a dps pet.

About my only ranger complaint right now is that MH Sword #1 is still the single most aggravating attack chain in the entire game and basically makes the game unplayable to try and use without turning off autoattacks and basically fighting with the interface instead of your target.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: July 26, 2013, 11:01:59 AM

Well I logged back in after 6 months away to see how things looked.  First I noticed there was almost no one in Orr, there used to be tons of people farming there and now its dead.  So I did some event farming for a bit and noticed I had over 100K karma so I hit a few vendors and there was nothing to spend it on I didn't already have or wanted since 6 months ago.  I noticed this 4500 karma box so I purchased up a bunch and got jack shit out of all of them...gg.  So Karma still appears useless.  Did a few world bosses, got junk.  So, I guess in summary nothing much has changed unless you like doing puzzles and shit?  Are the populations so low now that you can't do any of the big events?  I went to about 10 events that can't be soloed and no one came to any of them, just NPC's standing there or bosses waiting to go and no one cares to do them.  Went to lower level areas and saw same thing everywhere I went.  So I decided my only end game fun as a solo player will be to farm money somehow, anyone have any suggestions?  Crafting or farming mats to sell or something?

Or you could have asked and we could have told you to do none of those things... You can still get exotic gear from karma, several different sets, you just didn't know where to look.  Orr is not where farming is done, world bosses drop loot like candy now including a bonus chest with a guaranteed yellow/orange each. End game is still either finding something you enjoy doing from dungeons/pvp/exploring and doing it or playing pretty princess dress up which generally involves one or all of the above.

If he was buying the exotic treasure box thing, he was looking at a vendor with the real exotic gear. I'm guessing he already is exotic'ed out; the random treasure box and exotic back items (maybe the jewelry? I crafted mine way back when) are really the only new things they added to the karma vendors that I've noticed.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: July 26, 2013, 11:19:27 AM

Rangers are kind of awesome at the moment. It's really strange.

My experience though is that I rarely want my pet holding aggro and it's just easier to go whack things with a sword in pve and use a dps pet.

About my only ranger complaint right now is that MH Sword #1 is still the single most aggravating attack chain in the entire game and basically makes the game unplayable to try and use without turning off autoattacks and basically fighting with the interface instead of your target.

Ya that sounds completely awesome all right. A playstyle I enjoyed is eliminated and substituted by an aggravating, unplayable style.
[/green text mode]
You might want to check the definition of awesome btw.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #193 on: July 26, 2013, 12:43:35 PM

Or you could switch to longbow, if your "playstyle" is "hide behind my pet and cry."

I hated shortbow immediately when I tried it, though. I haven't touched one since release.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:25 PM

Well I logged back in after 6 months away to see how things looked.  First I noticed there was almost no one in Orr, there used to be tons of people farming there and now its dead.  So I did some event farming for a bit and noticed I had over 100K karma so I hit a few vendors and there was nothing to spend it on I didn't already have or wanted since 6 months ago.  I noticed this 4500 karma box so I purchased up a bunch and got jack shit out of all of them...gg.  So Karma still appears useless.  Did a few world bosses, got junk.  So, I guess in summary nothing much has changed unless you like doing puzzles and shit?  Are the populations so low now that you can't do any of the big events?  I went to about 10 events that can't be soloed and no one came to any of them, just NPC's standing there or bosses waiting to go and no one cares to do them.  Went to lower level areas and saw same thing everywhere I went.  So I decided my only end game fun as a solo player will be to farm money somehow, anyone have any suggestions?  Crafting or farming mats to sell or something?

Or you could have asked and we could have told you to do none of those things... You can still get exotic gear from karma, several different sets, you just didn't know where to look.  Orr is not where farming is done, world bosses drop loot like candy now including a bonus chest with a guaranteed yellow/orange each. End game is still either finding something you enjoy doing from dungeons/pvp/exploring and doing it or playing pretty princess dress up which generally involves one or all of the above.

If he was buying the exotic treasure box thing, he was looking at a vendor with the real exotic gear. I'm guessing he already is exotic'ed out; the random treasure box and exotic back items (maybe the jewelry? I crafted mine way back when) are really the only new things they added to the karma vendors that I've noticed.
Yep this, I know where the vendors are and I have all the karma gear I need from 6 months ago, there didn't seem to be anything else to spend it on so I went with the boxes which are useless.  Thought maybe I was missing something but doesn't sound like it.  Sounds like boss chasing is the way to go I guess
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: July 26, 2013, 03:59:23 PM

They've got some weird and poorly designed proliferation of tokens. The Karma for temple armor hasn't changed much but they've added all sorts of even tokens, daily tokens (laurels), guild tokens, PvP tokens. They've even put rewards on achievement points.

But with a flat power curve most of them seem to be a path to cosmetics or things of the same power. If you wanted significant progression past temple armor you might be playing the wrong game.

- Simond
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: July 26, 2013, 05:25:55 PM

They've got some weird and poorly designed proliferation of tokens. The Karma for temple armor hasn't changed much but they've added all sorts of even tokens, daily tokens (laurels), guild tokens, PvP tokens. They've even put rewards on achievement points.

But with a flat power curve most of them seem to be a path to cosmetics or things of the same power. If you wanted significant progression past temple armor you might be playing the wrong game.

Half right, I don't need significant progression but I do like to feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day.  I want to focus on making money in GW2 I think solo(I have to play solo cause I have a 2 year old and 5 year old so I can be pulled away anytime, hence why I play solo) so any tips on best ways to do that are appreciated.  I haven't done much crafting wise, are there some crafting mats I can farm or a crafting prof that works best?  Farming seems like a pretty slow way to try and make it at this point.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: July 26, 2013, 06:21:01 PM

Or you could switch to longbow, if your "playstyle" is "hide behind my pet and cry."

I hated shortbow immediately when I tried it, though. I haven't touched one since release.

I actually used a longbow until they messed with it. I'd rather not play. Game's not much fun now anyway.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: July 26, 2013, 07:47:54 PM

Half right, I don't need significant progression but I do like to feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day.  I want to focus on making money in GW2 I think solo(I have to play solo cause I have a 2 year old and 5 year old so I can be pulled away anytime, hence why I play solo) so any tips on best ways to do that are appreciated.  I haven't done much crafting wise, are there some crafting mats I can farm or a crafting prof that works best?  Farming seems like a pretty slow way to try and make it at this point.

The best way to make money is to run dungeons.  The most efficient dungeon path is Citadel of Flame Path 1.  You can get speed farming groups that will run that path over and over for an hour or two at a time.  Although most of those hardcore groups will only take a Mesmer and zerker Warriors.

most often known as Drevik
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: July 27, 2013, 10:32:55 AM

Farming events is pretty decent money, just open up an event timer for your server and hop around as needed. The money is in using high end salvage kits on the rares and exotics you get and selling those mats.

Dungeons are awesome money, but require you to be able to dedicate some time to them which is out of scope for your stated requirements.

World complete also gives a chunk of change, I think I wound up around 20-30 gold stockpiled just from all the shit I picked up and zone rewards while doing map complete stuff on my Elementalist.

Gaining money for money's sake probably isn't an ideal goal in GW2 though. To really enjoy it you need to pick goals (like I want X cosmetic armor set) and find a path to accomplish that given your playstyle.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: July 27, 2013, 10:51:04 AM

I'm not sure you should salvage exotics, they sell for gold.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: July 27, 2013, 11:25:45 AM

I'm not sure you should salvage exotics, they sell for gold.

Depending on the stats. Glance at them on the exchange before salvaging them. But a number of them are only worth a bit because they're just orb fodder.

Valk/Zerker and other high value stats or a good rune = sell it.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: July 27, 2013, 03:53:38 PM

Farming events is pretty decent money, just open up an event timer for your server and hop around as needed. The money is in using high end salvage kits on the rares and exotics you get and selling those mats.

Dungeons are awesome money, but require you to be able to dedicate some time to them which is out of scope for your stated requirements.

World complete also gives a chunk of change, I think I wound up around 20-30 gold stockpiled just from all the shit I picked up and zone rewards while doing map complete stuff on my Elementalist.

Gaining money for money's sake probably isn't an ideal goal in GW2 though. To really enjoy it you need to pick goals (like I want X cosmetic armor set) and find a path to accomplish that given your playstyle.

Thanks, the goal would be to buy a Legendary which I believe you can do, since I don't have the time to do everything required to "earn it" I can farm over time and buy it eventually which would be the reason I am looking for ways to make cash over time. 
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: July 27, 2013, 04:33:34 PM

I looked at the legendary grind... and that was about as far as I got.

- Simond
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: July 27, 2013, 07:42:23 PM

To answer the question in the OP, the game seems to be doing quite well.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: July 28, 2013, 12:06:44 AM

I seriously fucking hate that you can twitch your way out of projectiles, but can't lead your shots and need a target yourself to actually 'aim'.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:29 PM

I seriously fucking hate that you can twitch your way out of projectiles, but can't lead your shots and need a target yourself to actually 'aim'.

You don't have to be targeting something to hit it with a projectile. You can lead a moving target and hit it with a projectile, without ever targeting it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:37 AM

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

You can ignore that entire page, and skip to one line:

Account Wallet for Currency
Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection.

50/50 on shared money just because. But tokens out of the bank? Fuck yes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: July 30, 2013, 11:10:12 AM

More importantly than 'where do I keep these tokens,' making laurels and karma account-wide is a big deal.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #209 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:32 PM

Laurels already were, I am pretty sure? Account-wide karma is good, I have a giant pile on my elementalist that he has no use for.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: