Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Missions. Or: Oops? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Missions. Or: Oops?  (Read 9172 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

on: March 22, 2013, 06:43:28 PM

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-missions-a-good-foundation/

So, pretty up beat! And not nearly apologetic enough about how Guild Missions went down! But here's how they're going to go down now:

Guild Training Bounty Missions! Or: Oh yeah, smaller guilds. Uh...
An important detail to note is that the Bounty Hunt training mission is automatically available to be built once the guild has researched Art of War Level 3. It costs 300 Guild Influence and 72 hours of research time. Instead of Guild Merits, 3000 Guild Influence will be rewarded. This ought to be perfect for the smaller or less active guild that can’t earn at least 1000 Influence a day.

Also:

New Rewards

Extending guild missions isn’t limited to just content. We aim to improve rewards as well. To that end, a completely new set of weapons has been commissioned and made available at the Guild Commendation vendor.

New weapon set you say? I presume you'd mention if you were adding new rarity weapons, so would it kill you to say "rare" or "epic" in there? edit: random ANet poster says nothing about rarity, just that they share stats with a set already in game. So rare or epic.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:26 AM

Guild missions completely failed my little guild.

I understand we don't get access to the bigger stuff - that's fine. But I had really hoped for *something* to get my 4 / 5 other friends back into the game to do something. Instead the entire patch may as well not have existed, and to be honest with you I'm just too old nowadays to be assed with joining a big guild that can actually do this content. They simply aren't fun.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:32:59 AM

I'm not actually playing GW2 at the mo' (some of my guildies are, though), but I was about to ask... just how feasible are these to do with a super-casual guild that only has 3-4 people online at any time (tops) and MAY organize a single 1-2 hour guild event every week where 6-8 people show up?

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:09 AM

So their answer is grind crappy low level missions (literally dozens of them ) to earn enough influence to be able to afford real missions?

Yeah, no thanks.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:39:03 PM

I'm not actually playing GW2 at the mo' (some of my guildies are, though), but I was about to ask... just how feasible are these to do with a super-casual guild that only has 3-4 people online at any time (tops) and MAY organize a single 1-2 hour guild event every week where 6-8 people show up?

We chase them with about 10 to 15 people involved once a week but TBH it reminds me too much of WoW grinds and I opt out. I like playing a game, not grinding it - it's why I went back to GW2 after I refused to play Blizzard's grind-fest

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:47 AM

As someone who is in a huge guild, my perspective is that guild missions are kind of clusterfucky.  I've done two types so far.

Bounty:  We all know ahead of time that there will be a bounty on x day at x time.  But we don't know who the target is or where they are until mission is activated.  And there's a time limit, so whoever finds it is going to kill it asap, which means if you weren't close by or don't have the waypoint yet, too bad. 

Guild rush:  Transform into chickens and run a course for loot.  K.

Why not an Onyxia type event or something?  Why the time constraints? 
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:47:11 PM

Guild rush:  Transform into chickens and run a course for loot.  K.

lol wut?
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 07:28:07 AM

Indeed!

I've been so damn busy that I don't know what most of the guild stuff is.  So I log on and by chance they're announcing "Guild Rush in 10 minutes, get on TeamSpeak."  Ok.  "Go to this waypoint"  Ok.  People are saying that it could take 5 hours, others saying that there's a 30 minute window.  When are we starting?  No one knows.  I didn't want to ask too many questions about what it was because it was really on me that I didn't research the event.  I'm a taker, riding the coattails of the makers.

"Do I have enough time to go fold the laundry?"  Yes.

I come back 30 minutes later (other stuff came up besides laundry), and they've started.  There is 5 minutes left for me to complete the event.  I click the star and choose the option "transform."  I become a chicken.  It's basically a racetrack in a cave, and you have to run through flags to complete the course, while avoiding traps.  Ok.  I run the course and there's a chest at the end, but I can't get the loot because I missed a set of flags somewhere along the way.  Time ends.  I didn't get mah rares.

It doesn't suck, but I hope this system gets expanded.  The game is still young.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Missions. Or: Oops?  
Jump to: