Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Issue #6: The Last Train to Cairo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue #6: The Last Train to Cairo  (Read 13710 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:16 AM

This time is for real. Issue #6 is out.
Here's the cover.

And here's the preview video.

Features and stuff:

The cultists and their dark prophet Abdel Daoud are working in the shadows under the influence of their god Aten. The Atenists seek to undermine and weaken the tireless Marya who bravely stand against them. You must come to their aid and free some of their captured warriors.

The enigmatic undead weapons dealer Said can also offer invaluable advice and guidance on how to best work against the cultists. Uncover the ultimate purpose of the Atenists and their prophet to see the true danger they present to the world.

Be sure not miss the climactic end fight on top of the train to Cairo, where you must stop its lethal cargo!

In addition to the many missions in the new story line, and their side missions which can be taken to gain powerful rewards, Issue #6; The Last Train to Cairo, also offers the new and unique Whip Auxilliary weapon.

The vicious Whip can be used for great area damage, but also for buffing your team or sneaky crowd control. Use the Whip to encourage your team mates to run faster or snare tricky opponents and pull them towards you.

A new presence will also make itself known in Issue #6. The veil between worlds is tearing from two sides. Both the adventurous players, ever searching for new challenges, and the ominous powers beyond our dimension, ever looking for access to our world, have long been spoiling for a fight.

The most rare and powerful patterns found in Lairs can now be utilized to instigate an epic confrontation with an immense foe. Gather in groups of ten to take on this devastating Raid size adversary in a titanic struggle in a shrouded location somewhere in the South Pacific. The battle is surely a trap, but will you bite with Jaws of Steel?

But that is not all you get in Issue #6; The Last Train to Cairo. A new Veteran and Recruitment system will become available. For each month you are or have been a member you receive points which can buy unique rewards. Every new person recruited also gives you an amount of points equal to a month of Membership.

A completely new ranking system will also be introduced to Player-versus-player combat. You gain PVP experience points and eventually ranks when you or your team kills other players. As you go up in ranks you are awarded with new tokens, which can be used to buy fresh PVP uniforms.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

I KNOW RIGHT???  And the server is up although late - late means it's more fun than when it's on time, right?  We get WHIPS, too!  I will SO go dominatrix now!

Oh yeah... you have to wait two days or sommat, yes?  I don't though.  Oh no.  Not me.   awesome, for real

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:22:46 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:00 PM

I KNOW RIGHT???  And the server is up although late - late means it's more fun than when it's on time, right?  We get WHIPS, too!  I will SO go dominatrix now!

Oh yeah... you have to wait two days or sommat, yes?  I don't though.  Oh no.  Not me.   awesome, for real

If I didn't have work I'd be at home chomping away now...
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:05 PM

Grandmaster. I gots it now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:46 AM

More Said is always good.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 06:55:47 AM

More Said is always good.

Played it,

It's probably worth mentiong if you want to get your hands on the Whip straightaway to be careful with the mission where you're in a very sunny lit temple... Particularly when you're in a nice Courtyard with ancient treasure to be looted.

The Whip is a side thing that you'll miss if you're too mission focused.

Also, for those who have maxed your Skill points use it on the Whip straightaway if you're OCD (You'll max out again anyway but yeah).
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 11:48:30 AM

I liked the whole Cairo mission.  It was fun, although I died a lot on the train part.  I am new though and mainly just in green QL10 gear.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:09:53 PM

I liked the whole Cairo mission.  It was fun, although I died a lot on the train part.  I am new though and mainly just in green QL10 gear.

I'm in purples and I died a bit because I kept thinking I could out run an RPG...  awesome, for real
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:05:10 AM

Take the last train to Clarksville Cairo,
And I'll meet you at the station.
You can be be there by four thirty,
'Cause I made your reservation disintermination.
Don't be slow, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
(whispers) And I don't know if I'm ever coming home.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 07:16:06 AM

Shit.  I need to bring that track to work, 'cause now I want to listen to it.  Thanks. tongue

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:41:15 PM

Thanks to iTunes match, my entire library is kinda on my phone. I will listen to it now! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 03:21:56 PM

Spotify, y0. If I ain't at my computer, I can get it on my phone.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:54 PM

Redid The Last Train to Cairo last night...

Man am I terrible at jumping between trains the 2nd time round.

I am not ever riding on top of a train, full stop.  why so serious?

Also new clothes  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS  Heart
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:51:01 AM

Not crazy about the weird half naked outfit but, then, I didn't like the one with the eyes, either.  I haven't looked very closely at the in-game clothes, though.  I really wanted to finish this quest but I've been so sick with the flu that I start getting flashing headaches if I play for more than ten minutes.   swamp poop  Jumping around on a train would probably kill me.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Issue #6: The Last Train to Cairo  
Jump to: