Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Conflict 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Conflict  (Read 8149 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:58 AM

Surprised there isn't a thread for it yet.

F2P MMO action space shooter. Pretty much a MWO in space. Or a WOT in space (like flying tanks, but it in space! if that mental leap isn't too big....)

It's on steam now, which seems to give it some publicity.

Steam store page

Official website

Total Biscuit Youtube review

Anyone playing / going to try this?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:13:34 AM

People have been discussing this in the "So, what are you playing" thread.  I plan to spend some time with it this weekend.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:38 AM

Same company as War Thunder, and it looks like its pretty much a re-skin of WT, only with equipment modules ala MWO. Also, a more obnoxious 'premium' store. Also, In Space!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:54 PM

Hardly a MMO, but I guess the same is true for World of Tanks. Mechwarrior promises a more organic persistency with the community warfare. And arguably the same is true for World of Tanks. I guess the borders are harder and harder to spot...

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

It's an enjoyable game, but seems to lack the depth that WoT and WT have with regards to locational damage and positioning.

It feels far more team deathmatch-y due to the uniformity of special abilities (all of a race's ___ ship types pretty much have the same special with a minor mod per subtype) and especially the turrets always aiming where your cursor is as opposed to caring so much about ship facing.

Playing a little interceptor and popping all your damage mods to spike down a frigate is <3 though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:52:29 AM

If anything, it pisses me off so bad to see another game of this kind with an interface a million times sexier than the Mechwarrior one. The tiny humans hanging out in front of your ship are a nice touch, to give a much needed sense of scale.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:20:23 AM

If you ever want to feel good about the MWO interface go try Heroes and Generals.  swamp poop

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:36 AM

Played this a bit on Sunday.  Wasn't stellar (hah), but had some fun with it.  Got up to rank 3 with the J dudes.  I like the three modes of Arcade, Realistic (one-death), and Scenario.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:27 AM

Interview with the developers.

March 19th, 2013
The long-awaited answers from our developers of the game!

Dear warrioresses and brave pilots!
Specially for you we have collected the most popular questions about our universe, and conducted an interview with the developers!

Q: What is crafting?
A: Crafting will allow improving weapons and modules. Crafting components will be found in loot after the fight, and possibly from disassembling unneeded modules.

Q: Can we please have a «sandbox» for beginners?
A: The game is a «sandbox» — a separate balancing mechanism is used for all beginners. For now e think that this is enough.

Q: Do you plan to introduce rooms for battles? If you do, when are they going to be implemented?
A: Yes, we do. The exact period has not yet been determined.

Q: Tournaments were mentioned in the New Year's Video Developer Diary. What tournaments did you mean? How do you see them in the game?
A: We plan to organize tournaments teams of opposing players. Teams can be both corporate and mixed. Obviously, there will be several disciplines — for specific battle modes.

Q: Do you plan to bind ceratin types of weapons to certain classes of ships?
A: It is planned to limit the availability of certain types of weapons for certain classes of ships. So, the separation will be present, but it won't be strict.

Q: What is the galactic map?
A: Galaxy-wide battles for sector control will be introduced in the future. They will involve both corporations and independent mercenaries.

Q: What can you tell us about the dreadnoughts?
A: We expect that the dreadnoughts to be bases of the corporations. The process of building the dreadnought will take some time and is likely to require some resources. We are currently planning to introduce dreadnoughts in battles in some way.

Q: Do you plan to add training missions / quests?
A: Yes, we do.

Q: Where is all the experience from the previous skill tree going to go?
A: There will be a new area of development.

Q: What are the engineering modules for?
A: Protecting the rear, rapid deployment of forces within the map.

Q: Are you going to support modding in the game?
A: Unfortunately not.

Q: By the way, it would be nice to do some sort of auction of rare things, well, for example I found a rare thing, and I put it up for auction for the cost I suggest.
A: Trade between players will not be introduced.

Q: Are we going to see a spectator mode?
A: At some point, yes.

Q: Are you planning a CTF-like game mode?
A: Yes, we are.

Q: How do the implants work?
A: Implants are independent of the current sides of the conflict and factions, and the ship. Implants depend only on the rank of ship: if the rank of the implant is higher than that of the ship you are currently piloting, then the implant will not work.

Q: Why do ships with the engine shut off lose momentum, and is there an explanation in the story?
A: The ship's systems automatically compensate for inertia to make the fights easier for the pilots.

Q: Sounds of shots are also confusing. Are you going to explain that?
A: The sounds are generated by the on-board computer for ease of the combat situation.

Q: How can a chip in the head of the pilot increase the strength of the hull of his ship?
A: Of course, it's not done by the implant itself, but by the ship's systems. Implants use the resources of the pilot's central nervous system for some calculations that even quantum computers can not perform in a reasonable period of time (about 10e-12 sec).

Q: Will there be a wipe and when?
A: There won't be a wipe.

Q: When do you plan to start an advertising campaign to attract new players?
A: After the release.

Q: Are we going to see voice commands like in counter-strike, well, like «go, go, go» or «follow me»?
A: There already are some. There will be more.

Q: Any plans for cockpit view?
A: There are fundamental problems, in particular — the problem of the field of view.

Q: Is it old information about anomalies and cosmic dust clouds that blind the guidance system of ships and affect the controllability or even damage the hull?
A: No. These features are planned for implementation.

Q: Premium ships now have the advantage of a relatively inexpensive repair. Are you going to introduce any other bonuses?
A: They will have some more unique bonuses.

Q: Tell me, what kind of tank should I go for so that the most durable ship in the game negates damage from the most high-DPS ship?
A: The maximum tank regeneration of any ship will always be lower than the DPS of any weapon of the ship's neighbouring ranks.

Q: How do you see the role of the «tank» ships in the game?
A: Fly ahead of everyone else. Live the longest. Protect everyone in a large radius (but not themselves).

Q: When will we be able to see squads in the team list?
A: There are currently no plans for that.

Q: Hello, please tell me, when is the skill tree back?
A: It's not coming back.

Q: Why does the game always choose the least skillful pilot that has no experience in the game?
A: The game selects the player with the strongest ship among everyone already loaded on the battleground.

Q: How do you see the game accomodating both solo players and squads in one battle?
A: We are not planning to separate squads from solo players. Our way of dealing with this issue is introducing various activities that would interest experienced players more than «pug-stomping» solo players in battles.

Q: Are we going to be able to install 2 implants of the same type in exchange for experience?
A: No.

Q: How do you see the ships of different tiers?
A: T1-T2 is regarded as a training ship. T3 as farm vehicles for those who play without donations. T4 are the core ships for endgame, clanwars etc.

Q: Is there going to be further refinement of the «Development» system with the implants?
A: The current situation is temporary due to not all the features not being implemented yet. There is still much more to come when we speak of implants in particular and «Development» in general. At some point, the players will be able to tune their ships much more.

Community Warfare is coming  why so serious?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:52 AM

I'd say you guys should stop fopsing about in pretendy space ships and come play real-men WW2 pretendy planes in War Thunder but Gaijin just shat itself in WT, so don't come till they have mopped it up.

Are you guys still playing this?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:46:13 PM

I am not, not really. I like it a lot but I have too many things to play. I would probably play War Thunder over this, yes, but the thing is at the moment I just can't play either of them. In any case, this is the kind of game that the more you wait the better the game gets, so I am not in a hurry.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 01:10:28 PM

Wake me when they add the strat. layer.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 02:07:39 PM

I'm still playing a little each night, but I love me some space fighter sims.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Robots > Space ships > Fighter planes > Tanks for me so for now I'm just on the robots but I will get around to this one at some point.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 03:35:02 PM

New Development Plan. Lots of expectable stuff for a World of Tank/Mechwarrior space clone, like Community Warfare. All good stuff.

Game Development Plan

Please bear in mind that this information can be changed or corrected. This document only reflects changes which are most important and necessary to be shown. At the the same time we fix the bugs, make small improvements, edit the combat and economic balance. The development and critical assestment of the features are also being performed. In spite of the fact that innovations are specified in an expected order of appearance in game, sequence of updates releases can be changed. The part of innovations also mentions the game's site.

Development focuses on the improvement of several key areas:

Development of the ships system:

* Improved ship roles;

* Refinement of existing weapons, adding new weapons;

* Refinement of the synergy system. Direct correlation of synergy with the number of combat slots;

* Colour schemes for player ships;

* Ships sold in stores with pre-installed standard modules, weapons and modifiers.

Development of game interface:

* New interface font;

* New HUD;

* New game command: «all eyes on object.» The selected object is marked with a special marker;

* New game mode selection screen. Nice and handy;

* Improved display of post-battle statistics.

Development of the clan system:

* Corporation tournaments;

* Corporation hangars;

* Introducing dreadnoughts into the game.

Development of the game world:

* Arcade PvP gameplay «Wandering beacon»;

* Limiting choice of ships in battle to a single race;

* The introduction of battles for sectors. Players will be able to watch the balance of power in the sectors with ongoing battles;

* A revised system of contracts;

* New PvE scenarios;

* Enhancing the looting system. More predictable, more active – generally more interesting;

* Introducing the 5th technological level.

Now let's take a closer look at all the parts of the plan.

Improved ship roles

We plan to continue to develop roles of ships in the game. Thanks to them, it's easier to understand what each and every ship is supposed to do in battle. According to our plan, a specific set of unique role-specific modules, weapons, starting sets of modules available for ships, as well as configuration parameters and slots are associated with particular tasks on the battlefield. Our game was focused on the interaction of players in battles from the very beginning. Continuing to develop the system of tactical roles, we expect to increase the importance of team communication, when your ship's weaknesses are remedied by the advantages of your allies' ships.

Refinement of existing weapons, adding new weapons

The weapon system will not be left unattended. The current system will be heavily reworked, new weapons will be added and variety of weapons in general will increase. Also note that some of the weapons will require the player to possess a rather high degree of skill, so that those who master the weapons will become truly dangerous opponents.

Refinement of the synergy system. Direct correlation of synergy with the number of combat slots

We plan to make ship progression more engaging and at the same time, more important. In the future, we want to make sure that ship progression does not only improve its performance, but also qualitatively changes it. For example, as the ship's level of synergy increases, new active and passive slots become available, as well as slots for weapon modifiers, special systems, and missiles.

Colour schemes for player ships

We understand the importance of not only the contents of the ship, but also its image. Therefore, one of the new features should be an opportunity for players to choose not only the ship's skin, but also its colour.

Ships sold in stores with pre-installed standard modules, weapons and modifiers

Another important point is improvement of the game's interaction with the user, as well as facilitating the player's immersion in the world of Star Conflict. We plan to introduce a standard set of modules designed to help inexperienced players equip their ships.

New interface font

The introduction of the new font will not only make the game more beautiful and stylistically solid, but will significantly improve the display of large amounts of text data.

New HUD

Combat interface is one of the primary object of attention of the development team. Understanding the particular importance of this element of the game, we very carefully study the comments and the wishes of the players. We are confident that the planned improvements in the combat interface will be liked by most players.

New game command: «all eyes on object.» The selected object is marked with a special marker

The game was originally designed so that the interaction of individual players within the team was particularly important. We will continue to pay close attention to this aspect of the game. The development of interaction players will go in several directions. One of them is giving new players a convenient means of communication in battle. An example of such a tool is the new «quick chat command» called «tag object»: hover your reticle over a particular object (enemies or allied ships, or maybe even game object), the players will be able to ask their allies to pay attention to it. The object will be specially highlighted.

New game mode selection screen. Nice and handy

We should also point out the improvements in contract searching and methods of selecting the type of game. Instead of the drop-down menu we will have a nice and handy separate window. Also, the hangar won't be completely blocked during the contract search.

Improved display of post-battle statistics

Careful analysis of every battle is very important to fully understand the mechanics of the game and develop tactics to fight any enemy. Our task is to give players as much information about the behaviour of ships in battle as possible. After the fight, players can get more information about their own and others' actions during combat. Not to mention the fact that reading this information will become much easier.

Corporation tournaments

Right now, our esteemed corporation are busy raising their ratings. We plan to offer the members of corporations some other ways of entertaining themselves. One of these will be regular fun competitions in various disciplines.

Corporation hangars

We encourage the development of corporations in the game and their desire for individual and unique style. Therefore, we plan to introduce unique hangars for corporations where it will be possible to choose your own design.

Introducing dreadnoughts into the game

Dreadnoughts were one of our first promises. And we still plan to do it in the near future. Corporations will not only build their own dreadnoughts, but take it into battle in special game modes.

Arcade PvP gameplay «Wandering beacon»

In this game mode (name not final) players from both teams have to capture beacons. But the problem is that these beacons do not stand still …

Limiting choice of ships in battle to a single race

As part of the development of Star Conflict universe we will more clearly describe the confrontation of different races in the vast galaxy. One of the measures we take to solve this problem is requiring the players to go into battle on ships of only a single side of conflict. However, the mercenaries are always quick to move from one side of the conflict to another  …

The introduction of battles for sectors. Players will be able to watch the balance of power in the sectors with ongoing battles;

With the intensification of the struggle between the races, the players need a more convenient and informative tool that reflects the course of battles. Introduction of the concept of «fighting for sectors» will clearly show each player not only the balance of power of different sides, but also the contribution the player can make to help a race win.

A revised system of contracts.

This system will undergo dramatic changes. It will not only become the source of loyalty progression, but also tell the player about the game world. This will be achieved, in particular, through the emergence of logical chains of related contracts. We also plan to strengthen the importance of the player's choice of the race.

New PvE scenarios.

Along with the game evolves the whole universe of Star Conflict. We plan to increase the involvement of our players in the world of Star Conflict, tell them more about the history of the universe as well as the current military and political situation. One way of immersing the player in the world is PvE scenarios, so the system will be further developed. In particular, players can rob mines and export the loot.

Enhancing the looting system. More predictable, more active – generally more interesting

It's very important to only leave some things to chance. Even such trivial tasks as finding loot on the battlefield should be handed over to the player to prevent the transformation of this part of the game into an entirely «mechanical» routine. A revised system for search and collection of loot from the field will be more predictable, more interactive — and ultimately more interesting.

Introducing the 5th technological level.

Many players want to reach the «end» of the game as quickly as possible, and those who play slowly, sooner or later get to the coveted ship of maximum technological level. A new level of technology and the accompanying new content is a natural way to expand the world of the game and let the players enjoy all that it offers for as long as possible. The players will have access to ships from the 13th to the 15th rank. But entering the 5th level of technology also means the appearance of level 5 equipment. Naturally, the new ranks will see appropriate implants. New sectors will also be available.

We understand that the ability to communicate with developers and awareness about the progress and direction of further development of the project is very important for our players. Our goal is to reach the most open development process that does not force players to speculate on what the future holds. Remember, we are always open to feedback and suggestions and are willing to listen to and accept not only praise, but also constructive criticism. Who knows, maybe your idea will be the next point in the development of the game?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 12:34:34 PM

I hope making Jericho ships not suck is part of the plan.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 08:51:58 PM

RISE!!!

I've been playing this a lot over the last couple of days. So far its pretty fun. From what I can tell from what people have written way back in the midst of time, things have been changed around slightly. For example, the phase shiend ability is no longer on Command fighters but is now on Guard frigates, Tweaks like that. So mets see where we are

Basic gameplay seems to be mostly unchanged. People drop into matches and fight over beacons, or explosives, or try and kill the enemy captain.

PVE however is now fully integrated with a fair amount of scenarios for you to blast bots, that you can select fairly easilly. some are locted out to highter tiers, but you can set up a custem game with them

Tech tree is very War Thunder, only you progress up the tree by buying a unit in the tier you cain access to buying them by leveling your previous craft.

You pay to lessen grinding. You can also buy Premium ships which are slightly less capable than the stuff you buy but give various bonuses like no repair costs and increased rewards. HOWEVER you cannot just buy a high tier Prem, you can only by ships in a tier you have access to. SO you still have to grind. FUN!

Shocking as it is to fans of MWO, this bunch actually managed to get a community warfare think going. You fight over sectors on a map. I was weak from their programming skills.

You get advanced equipment by spending loyalty points from various factions on them, which you have to grind up. Or you can spend money. Ching ching. You can also spend money on in game cash, but the exchange rate is atrocious so don't.

I'm up to tier 2 and the amount of grind has shot up. so you are looking at a fairly easily grind up to ship level 4 or 5 out of 15. And you can chop and change from the various faction ships easily enough, so there's a fair amount of play there of you just want to play for free. I would imagine there is the War thunder problem of high tiers being a ghost town.

But all in all I'm having a blast with it. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, or in standard gaming review standards that's an 8.5. Defiantly worth checking out if you like some space pew pew. It's very polished now so its a good time to check it out.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:38 AM

I love this game. It's no surprise that the quality is this high coming from the same company of War Thunder, the same money and the same talent. Sadly (for me) it's no MechWarrior, and it certainly could use more and more ship models, but it's a really fun game.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 02:37:28 PM

Wake me when they add the strat. layer.

Okay, I'm awake.  I'll give it a shot at some point when my brain isnt leaking from too much studying.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Conflict  
Jump to: