Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons  (Read 27280 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 01:49:19 AM

Yeah, post your monster box so we can see what you have, that'll help considerably.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:45 PM

Is there a way to link the monster box?

In general, I have three resist dragons (red, white, blue).  I have a Gigas, who I use as my team leader now, red guy who has resolve and can change hearts to red.  I have a vampire (110) who should be a good dark team lead at some point, if I go that route.

Some assorted less interesting things.  Dark Golem MkII, (87).  Harpy Demon (198).  Sylph (game says 356, wiki says 354).  Low level healers and whatnot you can get from the dungeons.

I did amass some money, hooray weekend dungeon, so I can throw a lot at evolutions if needed.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 07:32:00 PM

Can only really screenshot it on your phone and then push the picture somewhere you can link to.  The gigas and vampire are both good starts for their respective mono-color decks, since those are completely reliant upon the orb changers.  Looks like you're missing a solid leader for either color though, or any of the gimmick builds other than resolve.  For mono color you generally want leaders that have stat multipliers for their color and a useful ability. 

Later in the game, you generally have to build your party off of what lucky pulls you get from the rare egg machine instead of what you've gotten lucky enough to have drop.  The gods are that much more powerful than most of the drops.  If you have any gems banked, hold them for whatever godfest they do next, and the pray you get something useful.

Sylph, and all the other color versions of that monster type, are at best situationally useful.  They can work as decent filler until you get the other ones you  need for the main build.

My main build right now is:
Shiva the Destroyer
Gigas
Mystic Phoenix Knight
Volcano Dragon
Noel Dragon Rouge

If you have one of the easter eggs, it'd be a good idea to hurry up and evolve it, it's basically a free god leader.  I swap lead between Shiva and the Noel dragon depending on if I need higher attack or hit points.  I use the Gigas if I'm up against something that'll one shot me regardless what my health is at, like the keeper of rainbow.  I tend to use whatever is the highest level healer I have on my friends list.

If you do have a decently leveled healer, you might want to consider using that as your leader, since that opens up options for what you can use from your friends list.  You might want to look specifically for people who have Ancient or Chaos Dragon Knights to use with your dragons.  Depending on the state of your friend's list pulls, it might be time to go clean out a bunch of that so you can get better options.

I'm at the point where I'm still working on max evolving all my guys, but I can at least farm up all the evolve materials pretty reliably now for it.  I can say that it makes a huge difference to hurry up and do that, if you have the means, or at least get them as far along and as high a level as you can.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27:51 PM

My team is mostly white right now.  Lacking a mystic knight of the proper color is making the game a rough go.

Archangel Leader
Holy Dragon
Fairlion max level
Pterados max level

and the last is either D'spinas or Plesios depending on what I fight.

my misc stuff include a mystic ice knight, harpie devil, vampire, mandrake, some wood chimeras, a Pterra and and just tonight an armored ogre.  I need to find some evolve material in a bad way.  I know the Legendary mech dragon special dungeon can drop the light knight on expert or better, but not able to clear it yet. 
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 12:28:47 AM

As far as evolve materials, shiva is the easy road to farming the hard masks and spirits on Wednesdays and Fridays.  Basically his power drops their defense down to 0 for a turn, but if you kill all the monsters in that same turn, it carries over to the next wave.  You basically do nothing but burn orbs in the first wave, trying not to kill any of them, until shiva's power pops.  Use it, then wipe every single wave one after another.  Shiva is currently the only critter in the game with that ability.  It also helps if you can muster up more than 10k health so you can absorb a hit just in case an accident happens.  The other easyish route involves things that poison like neptune and lilith.  Not needing to go that road nor having anything that can poison, I don't know much about it.

Like i said, feel free to friend me if you want access to one, just send me a message with your account name so I don't just reject it out of hand.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:33 PM

At long last!  I farmed up a siren.  Now to level it.

awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 06:16:07 AM

Hey Pezzle did you defriend me? I don't see your archangel in my friends list anymore and god do I miss her.:P~

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 03:35:24 PM

No, still there, you have a Toyceratops right now.

Getting a bit more annoyed with the game now, looking at the list of beasties I have and figuring out what DAY I can TRY to get the upgrade components needed.  But of course I need a troop capable of getting them also, so I have to farm up the right monsters to even try it or get super lucky with egg machine.  Meh.  I do not mind games encouraging you to develop different tactics, but these are huge time sinks.  Maybe in two weeks I can succeed in getting the upgrade bits.  Until then..?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 06:15:35 PM

People are reporting some glitches with the friend list lately, with friends randomly vanishing for lengths of time.  Every report I've read has indicated that they reappeared later without anyone having to do anything.

As for what to do with yourself while waiting on evo material dungeons:

1. Unlock Technical dungeons by playing through Castle of Satan.
2. Farm the first level of the first three technicals for their respective color of Pengdras.
3. Feed trash to the Pengdras to max them at level 10.
4. Evolve the Pengdras with two jewel dragons of their color plus one dragon plant.
5. Feed evolved Pengdras to your monsters for 45,000 XP.

Any day where you can't run a daily dungeon for evo materials, be working on raising your monsters' levels so the next time it comes around you'll be ready.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 28, 2013, 02:55:16 PM

The "customer appreciation" event going on right now is pretty solid.  Had some saved stones so did a bunch of pulls.  The least usable things I got were a bunch of mystic knights and two nagas, but also had two highlanders, Parvati (awesome green lead or sub), an Amatersu (best auto-healer in the game), and a valkyrie (much sought after for the Healer Team). 

Kind of sucks in that I have a fully evolved highlander now that I had to burn a few stones on continues running the Heroes Descended dungeon, but really can't bitch.  Worse comes to worst, I'll save them for a bonus skillup event and hope to increase my More Cu Culain's skill.

If anyone wants to add me, I generally run a level 71 fully evolved Artemis lead: ID# 316,942,248 under the name "Johny Cee".  Just PM me if you send a friend request.

Also have a bunch of other useful stuff including a max skilled Siren, resist dragons, double resist critters and whatnot.  Mostly I leave my green team up since that's what the RNG has pushed me towards.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:29 PM

Yeah, I've had terrible luck with this event, and pretty much every godfest prior to this that I'd been around for.  Makes me glad I've never sunk any money into this game.  I got a dryad, but I've already got an Alraune that I mostly don't use, and my third blue toydragon, but at least that one gave me a skill up.  At least the one god I did get way back is a good one, because I haven't seen one since.  Seems like the machine only ever wants to give me mystic knights, which are nice, but aren't something I need right now anymore.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 06:14:47 AM

Another god fest rant. Started it up today, got a bonus 10 stones for 100 days of login...woot! 2 pulls of the machine. guaranteed Rare monsters...First pull...fucking dark knight...I have no Dark monsters....useless. Second pull...God Ra....yay....except that I already have a fucking Ra and you can't play two because they are 25 cost. Fuck fuck fuck fuck you Puzzle Dragons. I really wanted an Odin....80% damage reduction at full HP, pair that with an Archangel and I might be untouchable.

Haven't pulled anything decent in like 10 pulls now. Garrrrrgh.

/rant.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:43 AM

I've never managed to figure this out, but what does a egg with a + on it do. And when your monster says +1 in it what does that mean?

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 07:39:56 AM

the + means it has a stat boost over the standard monster.  You can feed stat boosted monsters you find to those you want to keep and stack it up.  Just inspect a monster by holding down on the image to see an info card.  The stats will blink back and forth between the number and the amount of boost it has from +1 or +6 etc. 
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 10:59:59 AM

There's also a total max bonus of +297, which is +99 to each stat. 
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 12:35:23 PM

Cool , I've always wondered.
Finally got myself my own proper healer now (Siren) love using an Odin as a friend and having boss monsters not be able to do more damage than I recover each turn.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 01:16:16 AM

Siren and Echidna are both absolutely essential monsters for everyone.  I have Amaterasu and Viper Orochi, the Japanese god 'upgrades' to them, and there are still situations where Siren or Echidna totally bail me out of a tight spot.  Definitely good job on getting Siren.  When the special dungeons for Echidna and the mystic knights come back around, be sure to pick up one of each of them and you'll be well on your way to being able to build good teams.  In the meantime, keep hitting the pal slot machine until it coughs up one of each color l'il dragon for you; they're worthwhile to have and not very difficult to raise.

Having two Ra is also very useful when you're farming the Wednesday mask dungeon and Friday sprite dungeon, as well as the rare super king metal dragon dungeon.  They have monsters with huge armor but low HP, and Ra's power is an armor-piercing attack of 7777 damage to all monsters, so Ra basically can one-shot an entire floor once he's charged, even the otherwise difficult to kill super metal kings.

As far as not having the rank to have two in your team, use your weekends running the Tower of Giants dungeon, since it's 1/2 stamina cost during weekends.  The Dragons of the Tower dungeon gives around 1500 exp for 3 stamina, making it the best one to run through to gain rank quickly.

My user ID's 336,943,253 if you want to add me, I have a few friend slots left and'm pretty much always fielding gods.  Just be sure you have F13 or somesuch in your username so I recognize you and don't reject your friend request.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:47 AM

If anyone needs them, the various mystic knights are randomly showing up in the two castle of satan stages.  You can find details here:
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=10788
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 11:39:15 AM

Seem to have hit another wall in game. My Healer/Odin combinations just aren't cutting it on boss monsters anymore. Been stalled on final dungeon in Tomb of the Saint-Deep for a while. Boss creature just does toooooo much damage.
Thinking I need leaders and helpers that give massive HP bonuses (like 2.5x for same color and stuff) I did pull out an Undine (354) from the rare egg machine today. No decent blue friends though.

Any thoughts on dealing with some of the hard hitting bosses?

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 12:34:24 PM

The usual tricks are using resist leaders with odin instead of a healer, or rainbow keepers to add extra defense on top of odin, and then use a subbed healer, heart maker, or staller (enchinda or orochi) to fill back up in emergencies or to stall in between rainbow keeper refreshes.  The last suggested build here is how I think I got past this fight.  I remember having more issues with the dragons before him than the actual boss.  

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=141

Your other option is bring in a lucifer to burst him down in a single round, which is how I've gotten past a bunch of dungeons since then.  This lucifer, not the other crappy one.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=629
edit:  He may not go down in a single hit, he might have just enough health to survive it, it usually hits for somewhere around 350k on non-light monsters.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:37:06 PM by Ard »
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 07:52:58 AM

Seem to have hit another wall in game. My Healer/Odin combinations just aren't cutting it on boss monsters anymore. Been stalled on final dungeon in Tomb of the Saint-Deep for a while. Boss creature just does toooooo much damage.
Thinking I need leaders and helpers that give massive HP bonuses (like 2.5x for same color and stuff) I did pull out an Undine (354) from the rare egg machine today. No decent blue friends though.

Any thoughts on dealing with some of the hard hitting bosses?

Linky to Puzzles & Dragons Forum guides list:  http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17

Read the Beginners and the Advanced guides to team building.

Basically, you've hit the point where a mid-game strategy is starting to fall behind and need to make a switch.  The "standard" teams are a Mono-colored team using either:

A. A (2x/2x) Leader with a (2x/2x) Friend to get your mono team a 4/2/2 att/health/rcv.  Get orb changing subs.  I'm to Ocean of Heaven normals and the second conditional based around an Artemis with either a Freyja or green starter dragon (they got an ultimate evo buff) as a friend.

B. Use a 1.5/1.5/1.5 Leader with a 1.5/1.5/1.5 Friend.  This gives your mono team 2.25 to all.  Slightly tanker and more resilient than the 4/2/2 teams, but less damage.  Fill out with orb changers and good ability subs.

So, my monogreen team:
Artemis (2x/2x), active changes all red and hearts to greens.  Big burst.
Subs:
 Freyja, decent stats, active gives green 1.5x damage for 2 turns
 ADK (the evolved green mystic knight), changes red orbs to green
 Evolved Highlander, changes hearts to greens
 Susanno, active is 5 turns of 50% reduced incoming damage.  Your panic button/get out of jail free card

Friends to pair with: Freyja, Green starter, anything with 2x/2x attack and RCV.  Going with a Parvati (1.5 to all) is also fine but you have more health at the cost of less RCV.

The final option that is really popular now as a farmer team is a Valkyrie healer team, now that Valk got an ultimate evo.  She now gives 3x damage to healer types, which is 9x damage with two Valks.  Fill out with subs like Echidna (delay), Siren (hearts), King Shynee (burst), and usually one or two tanky healers.  It gives you two heart to orb changers for light orbs, and at least one monster with x to heart changing.  All healers so you have good RCV even with no pluses to it.

Basically a decently leveled mono-colored team should be able to handle most regular dungeons, and can even do some event dungeons at Master/Legend depending on the dungeon and your team levels.  I've done Heroes Descended with Mono-green though it did cost a couple stones due to me not playing well.  Take a look at your box and see what you have as far as leader material and work that way.

Mono-dark is popular, and most of the required stuff is pretty farmable (mystic dark knight and vampire; black starter dragon is farmable in one of the Dragon special dungeons) but both dark and light are hard to level.  

A short term solution is to tank up with a Rainbow Keeper or two (active damage prevention is good in tight spots), or a delayer, but it isn't a permanent solution as you will hit another wall.  On the plus side, you already should be well on the way to having a team that can AFK farm Hera Descended if your healer can auto-heal above like 2500 health and you have like 16,500 health in the tank.
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

Discovered this game randomly and I've been hooked for 2 weeks now. Rerolled a bunch a week ago and finally got a Persephone, so I've been slowly working on a mono-dark team. Hit a wall in Castle of Satan so back to the grind for some feeders to level my team a little. I really like having a game I can play for 5-10 minutes in order to work towards a subgoal that I decided to pursue, rather than most games that give you a linear set of goals. My biggest issue right now is running out of space due to all the dragon evo materials I've been keeping. Trying to save as many gems as possible for the upcoming god fest, assuming it doesn't suck given the Chinese Gods look pretty terrible for a mid-game team.

Does anyone have their present available for a gift exchange? Would love two shots at the Dark starter dragon.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 08:29:57 PM

Discovered this game randomly and I've been hooked for 2 weeks now. Rerolled a bunch a week ago and finally got a Persephone, so I've been slowly working on a mono-dark team. Hit a wall in Castle of Satan so back to the grind for some feeders to level my team a little. I really like having a game I can play for 5-10 minutes in order to work towards a subgoal that I decided to pursue, rather than most games that give you a linear set of goals. My biggest issue right now is running out of space due to all the dragon evo materials I've been keeping. Trying to save as many gems as possible for the upcoming god fest, assuming it doesn't suck given the Chinese Gods look pretty terrible for a mid-game team.

Does anyone have their present available for a gift exchange? Would love two shots at the Dark starter dragon.

Mono-dark is a pain in the ass to level, but on the plus side the Mystic Dark Knight and Vampire (your two required orb changers) are both easily farmable.  The "best" xp strategy for mono-dark seems to be running the Metal Dragon dungeon alot when the 2x King Appearance is on, and of course Pengdra Villiage which should show up one day.  The major plus is that Lucifer is so popular now, so it gives you alot of great Friend options and a clear path to doing the harder Descended dungeons.

The dark starter dragon is a drop from the Dark/Light Ancient Dragon dungeons, but I think we are still a ways from those in the rotation.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:07 AM

Quick note, theres a 20mil download promo going on right now. Logging in will get you 2 stones, plus there is a gimme dungeon in Specials which will give you another.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Puzzle & Dragons  
Jump to: