Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Chivalry for $10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chivalry for $10  (Read 3762 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: February 16, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

On GMG (activates on Steam):

Green Man Gaming has Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PC Digital Download) for $12.50 - 20% off with voucher code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS = $10.

For $10 I will give Team Actual Fortress a shot, why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3VZDb7pj4

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:09 AM

Fuck. Missed the sale.

beer geek.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:27:48 PM

I'm finding the game pretty hard to play - there's a pretty vast skill gap that I don't feel as much in games like TF2. Fun, though.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:45 AM

Some opponents are harder to play against than others in this game, because they utilize "unintended features" of the combat system to do things like near-instant overhead chops...Example? Look at the opponent's feet (or as far down as you can), then start an overhead chop, which will connect with the target earlier because your character is bending forward awesome, for real

It can be extremely fun though. Also, frustrating. Yet fun. And capable of introducing keyboard-smashing rages. Though entertaining, at times.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:14:49 AM

Friendly fire is really hard for me to get used to. People are pretty understanding about it so far, but my "sorry, new guy!" excuse isn't going to last much longer, and I know it fills *me* with rage every time some dumbass crossbowman shoots me in the back while I'm wildly swinging my bardiche around.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:31:22 AM

It's hard to imagine that friendly fire was generally the default in team/coop multiplayer at one point in time.  Probably has something to do with multiplayer originally being something you did with friends on a LAN rather than with faceless Internet fuckwads.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:53 AM

Yeah, games without it have always bugged me.  Especially games with grenades, those turn into mad-grenade-throwing fests of just... walk around BOOM.

I think I haven't actually killed a teammate yet in this, with just a few hours in.  I've certainly hit a few, just not had my name up in lights as the killing blow.  It seems like overhead swings with swingy weapons are safer in that regard.   But I've mostly been using spear, which is pretty easy to aim (pokepoke), and flail - and when people see you with a flail, they get the hell out of your way, friend and foe alike, it's hilarious.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

The combat system in this is brutal, in skill required and presentation on screen. Not for the faint of heart. Its up there with mount and blade, something you have to learn to be good at.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 12:11:41 PM

Is it just me or is the server browser nearly useless? I'll click on a server that says it has 24/24 players and get dumped into a 6 on 6 game.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 02:10:04 PM

It's useless. It's slow. My mouse-cursor (and sound) starts stuttering as soon as I hit refresh. And if you refresh too often (meaning, more than once every 15 seconds or so) servers stop responding and are removed from the list until X amount of time passes.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Chivalry for $10  
Jump to: