Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:57:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Game Day Five (CRUNCH TIME) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Game Day Five (CRUNCH TIME)  (Read 10116 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

on: February 15, 2013, 03:31:29 PM

Lightfax over Falc. Default win.
Carinfex over Celer. Experienced Lizards to take this one.
Swiftblade over Danicia. A bit of experience in the orcs might make all the difference.
Megrim over Ulysses. Edit: Just noticed Uly has a Saurus out injured for this. Megrim gets the nod.

Gruntle over Gort. With a 900 TV advantage this is the chance Gruntle needs to open up well.
Avaia over Haemish. I've played Avaia a few times with Skaven, and it's not easy. This high TV contest is in the Nurgle's court.
Jasper over Ruvaldt. A bit of skill on the Skaven might edge them over raw chaos dwarves. Ruvaltd will be hoping for some skillls and money.
Ramas over Sjofn. The norse might get a few injured, but Ramas can play his rats reasonably well.

Willisterman draws with Brocktoon. Chaos Dwarves and Dwarves. Deserves to be the most boring game ever. Down with dwarves.
Teleku over ChiefTripodBear. 2000 TV against 960. The elves have been training for a while. No excuses.
Drogg over Luckton. Droog has proven himself a consistent and competent player and gets the favouritism here.
Catfud over Reborne. The ogres just aren't competitive enough to have a chance against the seriously good Alive not Dead.

Ingmar over ezrast. Ingmar's put some training into the necromantic side, which could give the advantage here.
Proudft over Satael. Proutft could get a win hear early and give himself the best chance of playoffs. Satael will look to the others games; the orcs will need to capitalise early while the rest of the division is underskilled.
Lamaros over rk.
IainC over Fildrigar. Unleveled Skaven over new Chaos every day of the week.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:33:56 AM by lamaros »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:35:57 PM

Hey man, you can do a lot with 1400 gold worth of inducements!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:07:24 PM

Wooooo predictions!

There are a lot of unknowns this year, so the predictions are harder than usual.

Lightfax over Falc due to the magic of no opponent.
Carnifex over Celer because Celer is rusty like an old rusty thing.
Swiftblade and Danicia TIE because I know nothing about either as players, as I've never played either one.
Megrim over Ulysses due to not enough guard on the sauri.

Gruntle and Gort tie because Gruntle will get too focused on murdering things and forget to score.
Avaia over Haemish because Papa Nurgle loves rats.
Jasper over Ruvaldt because I want Ruvaldt to lose.  awesome, for real
Ramas and Sjofn TIE because this is the week of ties.

Willisterman over Brocktoon because undeveloped dwarfs have a pretty good edge vs. undeveloped chaos dwarfs.
Teleku over ChiefTripodBear because I'm totally guessing as I don't know anything at all about the bearpod, but I know about elf shenanigans.
Drogg over Luckton because there is enough guard on the sauri.
Catfud over Reborne DESPITE HOW I WANT IT TO END, because ogres.

Me over Ezrast like tanks over mechs.
Satael and Proudft tie because at some point there will be a frenzy mistake that costs someone a touchdown.
Lamaros and RK tie because I want Lamaros to be grumpy about my prediciton and because underworld is goblins without a chainsaw and skaven without a gutter runner.
IainC over Fildrigar because there ain't no tackle on those new goats.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:15:09 PM

awesome, for real

I prefer to think of Underworld as Goblins with a running game, big hand, and claw. Or Skaven with the ability to ignore TZs, a 1TTD, and cheaper fouls.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:15:32 AM

Catfud over Reborne DESPITE HOW I WANT IT TO END
Heart

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:21 PM

My predictions:

40k Division
Lightfax v Falconeer. Lightfax due to a bye.
Celer v Carnifex. Lizards to murder Elves 2-1. Result, 3-1 Celer.
Danicia v EricSwiftblade. Calling this for Swiftblade. He's got a solid Orc team now and I think it's going to power through the rookie Amazons. 2-0. Result, 2-0 Swiftblade.
Ulysees v Megrim. Close game, lots of injuries. I'll give it to Insatiable by a hair. 2-1. Result, 2-0 Megrim.

Hail Caesar Division:
Gruntle v Gort. No idea how good Gort is so I'll say Gruntle. Should be an interesting match. 1-0. Result, 0-0 draw.
Haemish v Avaia. Avaia but Haemish can cause an upset if the Skaven dodge game works. 2-1. Result, 1-1 draw.
Jasper v Ruvaldt. Two good players with largely unknown teams. I'm going to give it to Ruvaldt 2-0. Result, 1-1 draw.
Ramas v Sjofn. Norse v Rats The vermin can do well here but will likely need repairs afterwards. 2-1. Result, 3-1 Ramas.

Hordes Division:
Brocktoon v Willisterman. Brocktoon is the favourite here. Will is a decent player but I think he'll have a hard time beating the more mobile Chaos Dwarfs. 2-1. Result, 1-1 draw.
Teleku v ChiefTripodBear. Wood Elf bullshit to take the day. 4-1. Resullt 4-0 Teleku.
Drogg v Luckton. Lizards to crush the Norse. 2-0. Result, 3-1 Drogg.
Reborne v Catfud. Played, 4-1 to Catfud.

Tamurkhan Division:
Ezrast v Ingmar. Ingmar by a whisker. 1-0. Result, 2-0 Ezrast.
Proudft v Satael. Played 2-1 to Proudft.
R3dknight v Lamaros. Played, 2-2.
IainC v Fildrigar. Played, 3-1 to IainC.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:50:23 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:03 PM

Gruntle and Gort tie because Gruntle will get too focused on murdering things and forget to score.

Damn your accuracy!
BLUND
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 06:04:53 PM

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:00:32 AM

Jasper v Ruvaldt. Two good players with largely unknown teams. I'm going to give it to Ruvaldt 2-0. Result, 1-1 draw.
Woo Hoo, I beat the spread!

I'm just glad those Chaos Dwarves aren't leveled up...  I forsee MB + Claw Dwarves in some unfortunate AV 8+ teams' future.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:08 AM

Only 9 from 16 for me in game day one. Lets hope I do better this time!

Carnifex over Falc.
Swiftblade over Lightfax.

Megrim over Celer.
Ulysses over Danica.

avaia draws with Gruntle.
Ruvaldt over Gort.
Sjofn over Haem.
Ramas over Jasper.

MA draws with ChiefTripod.
luckton over willisterman.
Catfud over Teleku.
Drogg over Reborne.

Satael over ezrast.
Me over Ingmar.
proudft over IainC.
rk over Fildrigar.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:48:17 PM by lamaros »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 06:02:59 AM

I was a little late to the predictions thread last week so I didn't post a set.  Here we go!

Carnifex 3 - 1 Falconeer
Swiftblade 2 - 1 Lightfax
Megrim 2 - 2 Celer
Ulysses 2 - 0 Danica

avaia 1 - 1 Gruntle
Ruvaldt 2 - 0 Gort
Sjofn 2 - 1 Haem
Ramas 3 - 1 Jasper

MA 2 - 0 ChiefTripod
luckton 2 - 1 willisterman
Teleku 2 - 2 Catfud
Drogg 3 - 0 Reborne

Ezrast 2 - 1 Satael
Ingmar 2 - 2 Lamaros
IainC 2 - 1 Proudft
rk 2 - 0 Fildrigar
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:14:46 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:12:07 AM

I managed a risible 3 out of 11 predictions for day 1 so I have a very low bar to clear for day 2.

40k:
Carnifex v Falc - Surprise upset against Elves in day 1 aside, I think that Carnifex will sweep this one 2-0. Result, 2-1 Carnifex.
Swiftblade v Lightfax - I have no idea how good Lightfax is still. The orcs are well developed though so I;m going to give it to them 1-0. Result, 2-0 Swiftblade.
Megrim v Celer - Both coaches came out swinging in the first round, going to be a tough call but I'll say Megrim 2-1. Result, 2-1 Megrim.
Ulysees v Danicia - Not even close. I <3 Danicia but she's going to get mauled by Ulysees here. 3-0. Result 7-0 Ulysees.

Hail Caesar:
Avaia v Gruntle - Going to be an odd match without a clear favourite. The slightly better developed Chaos team will probably take it though. Gruntle 1-0. Result, 1-1 draw.
Ruvaldt v Gort - Another hard match to call. Two new teams, two good coaches. Let's go with the champ here 2-1. Result, 1-0 Ruvaldt.
Sjofn v Haemish - Sjofn was the only person in her division to lose last round and I expect her to remedy that vs the Skaven. Sjofn to pile up rat bodies and win 2-1. Result, 1-0 Haemish.
Ramas v Jasper - Rat v Rat games are always tough to predict but I think that Ramas will take another 3 points from this one. 3-2. Result, 3-3 draw.

Hordes:
ChiefTripodBear v Brocktoon - Brocktoon only managed a draw last round but I'm confident he'll bring the goods this time. 1-0. Result, 2-0 Brocktoon.
Luckton v Willisterman - Rookie Dwarfs versus developed Norse should be a foregone conclusion but Will is a good coach and I expect him to make Luckton sweat out a draw. 1-1. Result, 0-0 draw.
Catfud v Teleku - Match of the day right here. This is going to be a game to watch. I'm going to predict that Elf bullshit will prevail but Catfud will rack up a bodycount on the way. 3-1. Result, 2-1 Teleku.
Reborne v Drogg - I think the Lizards will take the win but they'll suffer a lot of pain in doing so. 3-1 Drogg. Result, 1-0 Drogg.

Tamurkhan:
Satael v Ezrast - Satael's team have the skills but Ezrast is probably a better coach. I'm going with experience over points and predicting Ezrast to win 2-0. Result, 2-0 Ezrast.
Lamaros v Ingmar - top tier coaches with new teams. Nothing really to choose from here but I'm calling this one for Lamaros 2-1. Result, 2-1 Lamaros.
IainC vs Proudft - The Chaos Daemons have some development under their belts and there's a Bloodthirster that's going to murder all of my rats. I'm going to lose 2-1. Result, 3-0 to me.
Fildrigar v R3dknight - The Knights are developed while the Changers aren't. I foresee a frustrating match for the Chaos team and a 2-0 win for the Humans. Result, 3-0 R3dknight.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:30:33 PM by IainC »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:20:55 AM

IainC vs Proudft - The Chaos Dwarfs have some development under their belts and there's a lot of tackle on that team. I'm going to lose 2-1.

Khorne laughs at puny chaos dwarves.  We are DEMONS!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

IainC vs Proudft - The Chaos Dwarfs have some development under their belts and there's a lot of tackle on that team. I'm going to lose 2-1.

Khorne laughs at puny chaos dwarves.  We are DEMONS!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

Fuck, rats AGAIN? I fucking hate playing rats. Heartbreak At least there's only one rat team after that for me. ><

God Save the Horn Players
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:28 AM

Oy!  Where are the week three predictions?  As fresh meat I find these things essential as a sort of scouting report!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:14 AM

Raiders vs Dwellarz.   2-1. Close, bashier than rat vs rat should be, Jasper to squeek a win because his team is slightly better developed. Will all be great fun till somebody loses an eye.

Mutiny vs Bleating.  0-1. Oh god the blood. Nurgle and Norse to roll around on the floor till sjofn notices her av7 side is 5 players down and avaia splutters over the line on turn 16.

Ladies vs Helmets. 0-0. Gruntle has the superior team but gets so excited after killing Ruvaldt's centaur that he forgets to score.

Vermin vs Brewers. 2-1. Orcs are a good matchup and gort has a few players out, so my rats are well placed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 09:58:19 AM

Mutiny vs Bleating.  0-1. Oh god the blood. Nurgle and Norse to roll around on the floor till sjofn notices her av7 side is 5 players down and avaia splutters over the line on turn 16.

My team is in a lot of pain, I don't see this one going well for me.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 12:49:22 PM

Managed a mighty 12/16 correct predictions in day 2 including 3 correct scorelines.

Here are my picks for Day 3.

40k:
Falc vs Swiftblade - The ladies are a bit long in the tooth while the Orcs are just hitting their stride. A generous sprinkling of Tackle plus 600k in inducements will give the Orcs the win. 2-1 Swiftblade. Result, 2-0 Falc
Carnifex v Megrim - One of the matches to watch this round. I'm going to give a narrow win to Carnifex on the grounds that his team is a little more consistent. 1-0 Carnifex. Result, 1-1 draw
Lightfax v Ulysees - I think Lightfax is going to get stomped hard here but a big shopping spree with inducements could make the victory sting. 3-0 Ulysees. Result, 2-0 Ulysees
Celer v Danicia - This is going to be a very fast game with a lot of movement and not much in the way of casualties. Unfortunately for Danicia I think the ball is going to be going only one way. 4-0 Celer. Result, 5-0 Celer

Hail Caesar:
Gruntle v Ruvaldt - The Helmets  are the favourites here but Ruvaldt is the better coach. Will that plus a chunk of inducement cash be enough? I doubt it. 1-0 Gruntle. Result, 1-0 Ruvaldt
Avaia v Sjofn - A bashed up Nurgle team vs the Norse. Will be an interesting match but I'm calling it for the Norse by a whisker. 1-0 Sjofn. Result, 2-0 Avaia
Gort v Ramas - Gort will have a lot of cash to spend but he's going to have a hard time pinning the Vermin down. 3-0 Ramas. Result, 5-0 Ramas
Haemish v Jasper - Another Rat on Rat match. I think Jasper will take his first win here but it will be close. 3-2 Jasper. Result, 3-2 Haemish

Hordes:
Brocktoon v Luckton - The Norse should be the favourites but I think Brocktoon's experience will turn the match around. 1-0 Brocktoon. Result, 2-1 Luckton
ChiefTripodBear v Catfud - Another stomping I'm afraid. Even with 900k in inducements the Orcs are going to get outbashed. 2-0 Catfud. Result, 3-0 Catfud,
Willisterman v Reborne - I'd rate both coaches about the same but Reborne has a bad case of Ogres happening to his team so Will wins. 2-1 Willisterman. Result, 1-1 draw.
Teleku v Drogg - This is going to be a good match to watch. Two fully developed teams led by top flight coaches. Elven Bullshit will win over lizard power though. 3-1 Teleku. Result, 3-1 Teleku.

Tamurkhan:
Ezrast v Lamaros - The Underworld face off. Lamaros should have the advantage and I think that will count. 2-0 Lamaros. Result, 2-1 Lamaros.
IainC v Satael - already played 2-0.
Ingmar v Fildrigar - Ingmar is easily the better coach and he has a team that will give the Chaos Warriors too much to handle. 3-1 Ingmar. Result, 2-0 Ingmar
Proudft v R3dknight - The Daemons have so far been unimpressive but maybe this is the match they need to switch their luck around? Anyway I'm calling this one for Proudft because he doesn't spell his name with numbers. 2-1 Proudft. Result, 1-1 draw
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:48:48 AM by IainC »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:56 PM

I was 10/16 for Week 2.  Not bad.

40k:
Falc vs Swiftblade - Swiftblade is looking good this season, and his orcs are well developed for this match. 2-0 Swiftblade.
Carnifex v Megrim - This is going to be a great, close match with plenty of action.  If anyone can beat Megrim's Vampires though, it's Carnifex.  2-1 Carnifex.
Lightfax v Ulysees - Ulysees takes this one without much difficulty. 3-1 Ulysees.
Celer v Danicia - This will go better than Danicia's last match, but it won't be a win. 3-0 Celer.

Hail Caesar:
Gruntle v Ruvaldt - I'm getting better with The Ladies, but playing against the Nifty Helmets is going to be an uphill battle.  Until Chaos Dwarves are developed, a good Chaos team can tear into them pretty easily.  2-1 Gruntle.
Avaia v Sjofn - Sjofn is going to have trouble bashing Avaia's Nurgle.  2-1 Avaia.
Gort v Ramas - Gort doesn't have the speed or the tackle to stop the rats. 4-1 Ramas.
Haemish v Jasper - Jasper put up a hell of a fight in both of his ties so far this season, and is due a win.  I think he gets it here. 3-1 Jasper.

Hordes:
Brocktoon v Luckton - I think Luckton will use his mobility to pull this one out, but it'll be a bloody affair. 2-0 Luckton.
ChiefTripodBear v Catfud - Llyse won't have any problems here, I'm afraid. 3-0 Catfud.
Willisterman v Reborne - Reborne ties this match in a showstopper. 1-1 tie.
Teleku v Drogg - Hell of a match, and tough to call.  I think Drogg takes it though. 2-1 Drogg.

Tamurkhan:
Ezrast v Lamaros - This should be fun, and I wish I could watch it, but it's awful watching two teams of the same race play each other.   2-0 Lamaros.
IainC v Satael - already played 2-0.
Ingmar v Fildrigar - Ingmar gets his first victory with his new team. 3-0 Ingmar.
Proudft v R3dknight - Proudft will continue to have growing pains with the Daemons.  2-1 R3dknight.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:54:39 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 04:12:22 PM

40k:
Falc vs Swiftblade. Swiftblade should have the power and the tackle to knock Falc's battered girls over for a win here.
Carnifex v Megrim. Bashy sides aren't the best thing for Megrim, but I'm not sure if Carnifex has enough power to make the win sure. I'm picking a draw.
Lightfax v Ulysees. Ulysses has the edge on the underdeveloped Chaos Dwarves, so I'm backing him.
Celer v Danicia. Celer should prove too much here.

Hail Caesar:
Gruntle v Ruvaldt. Gruntle should be able to get a win, though I'd feel more confident if he had more claw.
Avaia v Sjofn. Avaia is actually down a few players here, so there will be many rotters about. I think this might give Sjofn a chance, so I'm backing her.
Gort v Ramas. Gort's team is more than decimated, so Ramas should be very confident of a win here. I am.
Haemish v Jasper. Jasper's team is neat and tidy (though why 6 agi? It's pointless for the most part?) and Haem's has some injuries, so I'm picking Jasper due to claw and inducements.

Hordes:
Brocktoon v Luckton. I can't in good conscience back a side with only 1 reroll, so I'm backing Luckton.
ChiefTripodBear v Catfud. The necromantic go marching on. Llyse to win again.
Willisterman v Reborne. Backing Ogre's is never a wise thing, so I'm going with a draw.
Teleku v Drogg. I like Drogg's Lizards the best of all in the league, and I think Tele's team lives too close to the edge to reliably win. So I'll back Drogg.

Tamurkhan:
Ezrast v Lamaros. Ezrast is down his Troll, so I've got to be favourite here.
IainC v Satael. IainC got in early, but I'm couting this as a correct prediction because I would have certainly backed him.
Ingmar v Fildrigar. Ingmar should get off the mark after some closely fought losses.
Proudft v R3dknight. rk has picked his game up pretty quickly, and apart from his propensity to throw a lot of passes he is a reasonably good bet here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:32:01 AM by lamaros »
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:55 AM

Haemish v Jasper. Jasper's team is neat and tidy (though why 6 agi? It's pointless for the most part?) and Haem's has some injuries, so I'm picking Jasper due to claw and inducements.
I'm in no way convinced AG 6 is a good idea, but:
- It does have some use dodging and picking up in heavy traffic, or vs. Diving Tackle.
- Some OCC vets over at bbtactics suggested it's better than it at first seems, as while it's not often useful it can be clutch.
- I've never tried it before!  And likely won't get another chance.
- If it does work I can gloat while my opponents complain about my bullshit rat luck! ;-)

Ultimately I think I'd have been better off with something like Leap or perhaps Diving Tackle, but while I play strictly competitively within a match sometimes I'm willing to pick levelups by other criteria than what I think is best.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 09:28:19 AM

40k:
Falc vs Swiftblade. Swiftblade should have the power and the tackle to knock Falc's battered girls over for a win here.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though I only have one Orc with tackle... Its one of those skills which is highly useful, but only against certain teams.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:58 PM

40k:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though I only have one Orc with tackle... Its one of those skills which is highly useful, but only against certain teams.

haha I just had to post with Falc defying all the expert opinions  awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 11:06:10 PM

I blame my miscounting of tackle... Err the skill.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 01:06:43 AM

Only 10/16 (9/15) that round. I am struggling to pick winners this season. 28 from 48 so far.

Round 4!

40k:
Megrim v Falc. Time for the Vamps to get their run on towards the playoffs.
Ulysses v Swiftblade. Uly has sneakily built up a pretty handy side. I don't think Swiftblade has enough block or tackle/MB to take this one.
Danica v Carnifex. I don't think Danica's season will get any better, unfortunately.
Celer v Lightfax. Celer has been playing well, but he is down two for this one, and there's a bit of tackle and inducements to face. I think it'll even out for a draw.

Hail Caesar:
Sjofn v Gruntle. I back her and she fails me... no more! Chaos has the tools to put another nail in an unfortunate S7 for Sjofn here.
eldaec v Ruvaldt. Ruvaldt's dream run has to end somehow, and even tackle and Eld being down to 11 players won't save him from those Gutter Runners.
Jasper v avaia. This is a tough one to pick. I've backed Jasper so far and he's not come up with much, so despite this looking like a pretty even game from these two battered sides I'm nodding to avaia this time.
Haem v Gort. Haem has his rats performing so far, so I'll back him to continue.

Hordes:
Llyse v MA. Llyse's side is too good for fresh Chaos Dwarves.
Reborne v Luckton. Never bet on Ogres. Even when they're facing a bunch of beaten up men in their underpants and look like they might win.
drogg v ChiefTripodBear. I don't think ChiefTripodBear will win, but he might at least skill up his first player.
Teleku v willisterman. Teleku has been pretty good this season. Must be the European air. Willisterman's run of draws should end with a loss here.

Tamurkhan:
IainC v ezrast. I'm not a huge fan of what either of these sides has done with their rats, and while Iain is heavily favoured, I'm going to pick a draw anyway...
Fildrigar v Lamaros. Have to back myself against a side with only 8 fit players, 1 of them skilled.
rk v Satael. Satael has a decent side on paper, and I've played him enough to know he is good for a win sooner or later. rk's recklessness might backfire against the solid Orcs here.
Proudft v Ingmar. Ingmar has enough block and guard - and enough skill - to take it against the still undeveloped and vulnerable Khorne side.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:34:32 AM by lamaros »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04:01 AM

Pfft, I'm not looking forward to any of my remaining matches, including the Ogres.  I expect to get stomped severely, but rule the roost of the Failoffs.  But I suppose anything is possible if Nuffle is kind enough.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 06:25:37 AM

Had a bad round and went 8/16 (18/32 total), though part of that was me predicting my own loss, and I'm glad that didn't pan out.  Hopefully I'll step up my game this week

40k:
Megrim v Falc. Megrim has quite a few advantages going into this match, and I think it's his to lose.  2 - 0 Megrim.
Ulysses v Swiftblade. Swiftblade is building a good team, but Ulysses' side is going to be too much for him.  2 - 1 Ulysses.
Danica v Carnifex. I feel bad for Danica, but I think this is going to be a bloodbath.  Carnifex's Cripplers are incredibly strong.  4 - 0 Carnifex.
Celer v Lightfax. Celer's side is a little beaten up, and I think Lightfax is a good match for him.  This one will be a draw.  1 - 1 draw.

Hail Caesar:
Sjofn v Gruntle. I think Sjofn can still pull off a Season 7 comeback, but it isn't going to be in this game.  2 - 1 Gruntle.
eldaec v Ruvaldt. I'm giddy about my overperformance thus far this season, but I think I'm getting a loss here.  I've played against Eldaec's rats with three different teams, and I know what it takes to beat them.  The First Ladies don't have it right now. 4 -  1 Eldaec
Jasper v avaia. I think Avaia will dominate most of the match, but Jasper will pull off a hard fought tie.  1 - 1 Draw.  (Exact match)
Haem v Gort. Gort's team is worse for wear, but he'll get some team development in this match.  Unfortunately for him, he'll still lose.  2 - 1 Gort.

Hordes:
Llyse v MA. Llyse takes this one, handily.  2 - 0 Llyse.
Reborne v Luckton. Luckton should win here, extending his success from last round.  2 - 1 Luckton.
drogg v ChiefTripodBear. Drogg's lizards are very strong, and I don't think ChiefTripodBear has much of a chance here.  2 - 0 Drogg.
Teleku v willisterman. Teleku wins here, though it will be close.  3 - 2 Teleku.

Tamurkhan:
IainC v ezrast. Both of these coaches are having a good season so far, but I think IainC will extend his winning streak to four.  3 - 1 IainC.  
Fildrigar v Lamaros. Lamaros continues his path to the playoffs.  3 - 1 Lamaros.
rk v Satael. Satael is a much better coach than his Season 7 record shows, and I think he pulls off a victory in this match.  2 - 1 Satael.
Proudft v Ingmar. This would actually be a fun match to watch, and I may spend some time next weekend doing just that.  I think Ingmar pulls off a win.  2 - 1 Ingmar.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:01:26 AM by Ruvaldt »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 10:55:06 AM

Sjofn v Gruntle. I think Sjofn can still pull off a Season 7 comeback, but it isn't going to be in this game.  2 - 1 Gruntle.

If I can't beat Gruntle, I am pretty sure I won't be doing anything this season. That's not a slam on Gruntle, but if I can't beat the guy who cares more about death than scoring (and my team will almost certainly be in shambles after this game), I doubt I can beat anyone.

That said, I don't think I'll be beating Gruntle either, this season has been horrible for me.

God Save the Horn Players
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 11:04:44 AM

For what its worth, I agree that Ulysees has the edge. Will have to see if inducements are enough to tip the balance (I doubt it though)

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 11:07:58 AM

7/15 for day 3 which is closer to my coinflip level of prognostication. Let's see how day four shapes up!

40k:
Megrim v Falc. Both coaches are scrapping for a playoff berth and this one could be pivotal. Megrim has the better team and the better record so I'll go with him 2-1. 1-0 Megrim
Ulysses v Swiftblade. The Orc train is going to stop hard here. The 'Zillas are stone cold murderers. 2-0 Ulysees. 2-0 Ulysees
Danica v Carnifex. I'd never bet against Carnifex in almost any match up. This one will be an exhibition match though. 5-0 Carnifex. 5-0 Carnifex
Celer v Lightfax. The Elves should win this but I suspect that the Chaos Dwarfs are just getting into their stride. Lightfax needs this to keep his team in contention and I think he'll take it 2-1. 6-0 Celer

Hail Caesar:
Sjofn v Gruntle. The Norse can beat the Helmets in my opinion and this will be the game where Sjofn finally puts some numbers on the board. 1-0 Mutiny. 1-0 Gruntle
eldaec v Ruvaldt. Must win match for both coaches to break the three way tie at the top. This is my match of the day and I think that Eldaec will take the points. 2-1 Vermin. 3-1 Eldaec
Jasper v avaia. A Nurgle team is a terrible match up for rats and that might be enough to keep Jasper down. If he gets any luck at all though he should win it. 2-0 Jasper. 1-1 draw.
Haem v Gort. Gort comes in as the underdog and about all he can look forward to here is that he probably won't lose any players. 4-0 Haemish. 2-1 Haemish

Hordes:
Llyse v Brocktoon. A shit-ton of inducements might upset the applecart here but my money is on Catfud to keep himself in contention at the top. 2-1 Catfud. 3-0 Catfud
Reborne v Luckton. Luckton's Norse have had a spotty career but if they can beat anyone, they can win v the Ogres. 2-1 Luckton. 2-1 Luckton
drogg v ChiefTripodBear. Terrifying lizards vs the weakest team in the division. It's not going to be pretty and there will be fewer Orcs afterwards. 3-0 Drogg. 4-0 Drogg
Teleku v willisterman. Teleku is the favourite but Will is a good coach with a team that's beginning to move forwards. Not enough Tackle to slow down the Elves but they may get some consolation injuries. 3-1 Teleku. 1-0 Teleku

Tamurkhan:
IainC v ezrast.  I'm probably the favourite here and a win would be a very useful buffer against the murdering I'm going to get later in the season. Will be close though. 3-2 to me. 3-0 IainC
Fildrigar v Lamaros. Lamaros is an extremely good coach and even with a newish team he's going to take 3 points from Fildrigar. Hopefully the Chaos team will get some levelups out of it though. 3-0 Lamaros. 2-0 Lamaros
rk v Satael. Satael breaks his duck and gets to join the race for the playoffs. Will be a close match but the Orcs should take it 2-1. 1-1 draw
Proudft v Ingmar. Ingmar is the better coach and he has a team that can probably hold off the Daemons. 2-1 Ingmar. 1-1 draw
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:17:17 PM by IainC »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:04 AM

11/16 for day 4 but there are some odd matchups in day 5 that could upset the applecart.

Falc v Ulysees - Two good coaches but one monstrous team. I suspect that the Amazons will take a severe bruising from this match. One to watch for sure. 2-1 Ulysees 2-1 Ulysees
Megrim v Danicia - Megrim's an excellent coach with a strong team and he's going to take an easy three points here to put his playoff place beyond doubt. 3-0 Megrim 2-0 Megrim
EricSwiftblade v Celer - Swiftblade needs the win to keep playoff ambitions alive.  His Orcs are good but I'm not sure he has answers to the problems that the Elves will pose. 3-1 Celer. 2-0 Celer
Carnifex v Lightfax - The chaos Dwarfs have punched well below their weight this season and I don't think that's going to change here. Possibility for a lot of injured Skinks however. 2-0 Carnifex. 2-0 Carnifex

Hail Caesar
Gruntle v Ramas - The Helmets are languishing in mid table obscurity while the Vermin are ascendant. Going to be a good match but my money's on the rats. 3-1 Ramas. 2-2 draw
Sjofn v Jasper - Jasper's a good coach and his Skaven are slippery. I'm not ruling out Sjofn but she needs a turnaround in luck and this is going to be a tough match even at the best of times. 2-1 Jasper. 2-1 Jasper
Ruvaldt v Haemish - Ruvaldt can book his playoff spot with a win here tonight. The Dwellerz are easily the strongest team but 800k in inducements might cause them some problems. 2-0 Haemish. 3-0 Ruvaldt
Avaia v Gort - Avaia needs the win to stay in the race and I think he'll take the depleted Orcs out without any issues. 1-0 Avaia. 1-1 draw

Hordes
Brocktoon v Reborne - it's going to be interesting to see how the Dwarfs handle Ogres. Reborne is due a win and I think this is his best chance. I'm calling it a draw though. 1-1. 3-2 Brocktoon
Catfud v Drogg - Match of the day for me. Both teams will want 3 points to stay in reach of Teleku. I'm going to say that scaly punch will win the day though. 2-1 Drogg. 2-1 Catfud
Luckton v Teleku - The Hippies are the clear favourites and even with a chunk of inducement cash, the Norse will have problems shutting them down. 3-0 Teleku. 2-1 Luckton
ChiefTripodBear v Willisterman - Both teams will be eager to chalk up their first win but Will's Dwarfs are in much better shape than the Biff. 1-0 Will. 2-0 Will

Tamurkhan
Ezrast v Fildrigar - This is probably the best matchup that Fildrigar is going to get this season. Unfortunately I don't think he has the experience to beat Ezrast yet. 3-1 Ezrast 2-0 Ezrast
IainC v R3dknight - I like my chances in this game. The Knights are a decent team but I don't think they can shut down the Furries. 2-0 IainC 2-2 draw
Lamaros v Proudft - The Daemons haven't done as well as expected but this could be their tipping point. Some nice development and a matchup where they have a lot of advantages. 2-1 Proudft. 1-1 draw
Satael v Ingmar - Ingmar is the better coach by far and he needs this win to keep a foot in the playoff race. I don't think he'll slip up here. 2-1 Ingmar. 1-1 draw
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:03:15 PM by IainC »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59:14 AM

13/16 for Day 4 (31/48 total, 64.5%)

Falc v Ulysees - Ulysees is on a warpath, and it won't stop here. 2-1 Ulysees
Megrim v Danicia - Megrim will continue his path to the playoffs. 3-0 Megrim
EricSwiftblade v Celer - The elves are mostly back to full strength, except for that dead thrower.  I think they'll pull off a victory, but it'll be close.  2-1 Celer.
Carnifex v Lightfax - Carnifex will win this, but I think Lightfax might make his skinks pay for it.  Still, 3-0 Carnifex.

Hail Caesar
Gruntle v Ramas - Gruntle is going to have a tough time here.  I don't think he has enough tackle, and is really built for playing against other bashing teams.  3-1 Ramas.
Sjofn v Jasper - Jasper pulls off a win and enters playoff contention with this match. 3-1 Jasper
Ruvaldt v Haemish - Tough to call.  I think Haemish pulls off a win against me though.  I tied/lost narrowly to Jasper/Eldaec, but Skaven can score so quickly that it's tough to count on anything on my end for the time being.  All I can hope for is a lot of spps while breaking him.  2-1 Haemish.
Avaia v Gort - Gort's orcs are so beat up right now that I don't know how he can fend off Avaia.  2-1 Avaia.

Hordes
Brocktoon v Reborne - I think Rebourne's snotlings are going to have a hard time against MA's blockers, and he is likely to get a lot of good inducements...like some rerolls!  2-1 Brocktoon.
Catfud v Drogg - Tough to call.  Two of my all-time favorite f13 teams, and I don't think they've met since Season 5.  I think this is going to be a bloody match that ends in a victory for Llyse, but it really could go either way. 2-1 Llyse.
Luckton v Teleku - Luckton's two game winning streak ends here as Teleku will continue to cement his position at the top of the division.  3-0 Teleku
ChiefTripodBear v Willisterman - Both new coaches that I don't know anything about.  Based purely on the health of their teams, I think Willis could win, but I'll bet on a draw. 1-1 Draw.

Tamurkhan
Ezrast v Fildrigar - Ezrast will win this, but not without some pain.  2-1 Ezrast.
IainC v R3dknight - IainC will continue his domination of Tamurkhan. 3-1 IainC.
Lamaros v Proudft - I'm tempted to give this match to Lamaros simply because he seems to be doing well with this Underworld team, but I think Proudft will give him a run for his money and bring the match to a draw.  2-2 Draw.
Satael v Ingmar - Ingmar has had some growing pains with his new team, but I think he'll win this one.  2-1 Ingmar.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:24:22 PM by Ruvaldt »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 05:41:11 AM

12/16 for Day 4 (40/64)

It's day 5 now! Crunch time! The time when you put yourself back in finals contention, or give up the ghost.

Falc v Ulysees.
Megrim v Danicia.
EricSwiftblade v Celer.
Carnifex v Lightfax.

Hail Caesar
Gruntle v Ramas. Played already, draw.
Sjofn v Jasper. Jasper. I think Sjofn is on tilt.
Ruvaldt v Haemish.
Avaia v Gort.

Hordes
Brocktoon v Reborne.
Catfud v Drogg.
Luckton v Teleku.
ChiefTripodBear v Willisterman.

Tamurkhan
Ezrast v Fildrigar.
IainC v R3dknight.
Lamaros v Proudft.
Satael v Ingmar. Played as a draw.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:18 PM

A feeble 7/16 for day 5. Maybe I can do better for day 6.

40k:
Danicia v Falc - Falc is out of contention for the playoffs but he'll take three consolation points here. 3-0 Falc 3-0 Falc
Celer v Ulysees - top of the table clash that won't make any difference to the playoffs. Should be a powerpacked match though. 3-2 Celer 4-1 Ulysees
Lightfax v Megrim - a win guarantees Megrim's playoff spot and I don't see him stumbling here. 2-0 Megrim 2-1 Megrim
Carnifex v Ericswiftblade - Alan needs the win to keep a playoff hope alive. My money is on the Lizards here though. 2-0 Carnifex. 2-1 Carnifex

Hail Caesar:
Jasper v Gruntle - rats v Chaos and Jasper needs 3 points to stay in the race. It's going to be close but my money is on the Skaven. 3-1 Jasper. 1-1 draw
Haemish v Ramas - another all rat derby, a win will book the playoff berth for either coach. The Dwellerz are in bad shape though so I'm calling it for the Vermin. 3-2 Ramas. 5-1 Ramas
Gort v Sjofn - Sjofn to finally get off the starting blocks and end her streak of rubbishness. 2-0 Sjofn 2-0 Gort
Avaia v Ruvaldt - The Chaos Dwarfs have started to get rolling but Bleating will be the roadblock they don't want to face. 1-0 Avaia 0-0 draw

Hordes:
Drogg v Brocktoon - crucial match for both coaches but the Volcano are at a significant disadvantage. The lizards will claim their playoff spot here. 2-0 Drogg 2-0 Drogg
Teleku v Reborne - Ogres don't have many good matchups and developed Wood elves aren't even close to being on that list. Teleku will take the laurels with ease. 3-1 Teleku. 6-0 Teleku
Willisterman v Catfud - a Dwarf victory will make the day 7 predictions a lot more interesting but I don't think it's likely. Dwarfs will get hammered by the graveyard shift. 2-0 Catfud. 3-0 Catfud
Chieftripodbear v Luckton - Luckton is the favourite here and he's going to take an easy three points. 3-0 Luckton. 3-0 Luckton

Tamurkhan:
R3dknight v Ezrast - whoever wins will have a lot less pressure for their day 7 matchup and I suspect that coach will be r3dknight. I don't see the Underworld getting past the Humans. 2-1 R3dknight. 2-1 R3dknight
Proudft v Fildrigar - Fildrigar has had a tough time getting started and I don't think he's going to take any points here. Proudft will advance his playoff challenge. 1-0 Proudft 3-0 Proudft
Ingmar v IainC - I think the Banned are about ripe for another win and I don't think I'm going to get past this one unscathed. I suspect it will be close but I don't want to think about the state of my team for day 7. 2-2 draw 1-0 Ingmar
Satael v Lamaros - Could be a close game but Lamaros's experience should make the difference. 2-1 Lamaros 2-1 Lamaros
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:52:17 PM by IainC »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Game Day Five (CRUNCH TIME)  
Jump to: