Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Overall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Overall  (Read 4078 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:05 PM

Megrim - Vampire
Carnifex27 - Lizards
Ulysees - Lizards
Celer - High Elves
Falconeer - Amazon
Swiftblade - Orcs
Lightfax - Chaos Dwarves
Danicia - Amazons

Megrim and the two developed lizard sides should play the playoffs handily. The fourth spot is a tough one, especially with Falc defaulting round one and hit girls getting old. I'm going for a mystery choice in Lightfax.

Hail Caesar
z22 - Orc
Jasper - Skaven
Gruntle - Chaos
Haemish - Skaven
Sjofn - Norse
Eldaec - Skaven
Avaia - Nurgle
Ruvaltd - Chaos Dwarves

This skaven heavy group might be just what Avaia needs to make the playoffs. Ruvaltd gets the nod as a past champ, even with a new side (though it might be quite hard for him), while Jasper strikes me as someone who knows how to play enough to take advantage here. The other expereienved Skaven get the final nod.

Hordes
Catfud - Necromantic
MA - Chaos Dwarves
Drogg - Lizards
Reborne - Ogres
Teleku - Wood Elves
Luckton - Norse
Schpain - Orcs
Willlisterman - Dwarves

Unless something goes badly wrong Teleku, Catfud and Drogg should all romp into the playoffs again. The fourth spot will be a tough one; though I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone else get through I'm giving the nod to the Orcs, a generally solid side.

Tamurkhan
Ingmar - Necromantic
Lamaros - Underworld
Ezrast - Underworld
IainC - Skaven
Proudft - Khorne
Satael - Orcs
Fildrigar - Chaos
rk47 - Human

This is a very interesting group, with nearly all the sides being new (though some have been training in the feeder league). The highest TV is with a player new to BB, so TV might not mean much here. In that end I'm rolling with the experienced known quantities. Proutft getting the nod over Ezrast only because of his experience playing with difficult teams.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

The 40K breakdown.

The Chemical Elvers, Celer:

Veteran HE team, with a rather impressive array of skills on them. Well-developed linemen and an excellent thrower are likely to give people fits on offense, particularly if Celer manages to generate forced errors and turn-overs. Unfortunately, the team's development of their line seems to have come at the expense of their positionals, with two low-level blitzers (although one will probably develop into a real threat with the ST increase) and some rather beaten up catchers.

If Celer perhaps trims some TV and brings in fresher players, this team is going to be in fine form. Overall, if elves maintain discipline in defense, patience in attack and avoid picking up too many injuries, I suspect that they might be candidates for the play-offs.

The Minizilla's, Ulysees:

Long-standing campaigners, these guys are going to be a real piece of work for anyone who hasn't dealt with high-level Lizard teams before. Led by star saurus Xhooqs, this team has pretty much everything on it a LZ players would want (even a Block krox), Guard notwithstanding. I would be very surprised if this team did not feature in the play-offs, though how far they get will remain to be seen, as they have been known to fall prey to somewhat one-dimensional playing patterns.

Biolab Sea Bears, Danicia:

New player, new team. It takes no small amount of courage to come into the league with a completely vanilla outfit, let alone one that is sporting an unusual starting roster. While I don't think that these Amazons are going to be claiming any glory in this season, traditionally, AZ teams have done well in this league, so what happens in the future remains to be seen.

Unless of course this is an AndyDavo smurf, in which case we're all fucked.

Bony Slaves, Iron Beards, Lightfax:

Another league newcomer I think , running with the impressive Chaos Dwarves. A little time in the feeder league has given these guys some taste of the pitch, although they are missing a bull centaur, and any real development on their dwarven core. Still, I can see Sure Hands in there already, so I think Lighfax will be looking to build a solid roster and a reliable gameplan, which will serve him against the two Amazon teams in this division. How he fares against some of heavyweights remains to be seen.

The Camp-town OrcBoyz, Swiftblade:

I don't know if Swiftblade has been around for a while, but judging by the skills and injuries on this team, it would appear that he has. All Orc teams are potentially game-winners, so its hard to say anything about this team in particular without seeing them in action. These guys have potential tools against all of the teams the 40K division, but whether they will be able to skill rapidly enough and eke out enough points over the course of the season will depend on the coach. If I were to bet on an outlier to make the top four, these guys would be it.

The Bell Jar United, Falconeer:

Well, what can I say - this division has it all. Baby Amazons, and uh, mature, Amazon teams. Having been through thick and thin, the girls of Bell Jar have proven themselves capable in all environments, against all opposition. If Falc can keep his eyes on the prize, keep a cool head and play to the team's well developed strengths, he is going to be able flatten any of the middling TV teams. There are however, a LOT of injuries on this team, so while the skills on the players will be able to buffer against any particularly terrible dice, one or two poor streaks have the possibility to be disastrous.

The major weakness for this team I feel, is the lean roster. If they are able to cull and bring in fresh players, this AZ team can look forward to a steady future.

Carnifex's Cripplers, Carnifex27:

The stolid, well-rounded and implacable middle of the three team Lizardman Voltron in our league, the Cripplers are almost certainly going to the play-offs this season. The team is in rude health with an extremely capable block & run game, these guys are going to be a nightmare to face for anyone not faster or stronger than them. Which is, pretty much, everyone. So the real test will be if Carnifex can keep this team healthy against the CD, Orcs and other Lizards, and not lose too many skinks along the way. Having said this though, I really don't see this team doing badly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:48:00 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 05:03:29 AM

Seems a more even draw than usual.

Hail Ceasar is tough to read.

z22 - Blitzberg Brewers - Orc.
Unfortunate group for the orcs, Skaven and Gruntle's developed Chaos are poor matchups. What should be an Orc team's best match ups in this division,  Nurgle, Norse, and Chaos Dwarves are either the most developed sides or top seeds. I'm expecting an upset against at least one of the 3 highly developed teams, and the Orcs will develop well with 4 AV7 sides to play, hopefully that will give them a good run in the failoffs.

Jasper - Understone Raiders - Skaven
Preseason development and player selection implies a good coach, but will probably want a third reroll and third GR before becoming totally comfortable. Biggest threat is that the Chaos, Norse, and Nurgle opponents wipe out his players, however the calendar has been kind and raiders should have time to develop before facing the more violent elements of the division. Top 3 finish, will reach the playoffs before day 7.

Gruntle - Nifty Helmets - Chaos
The Helmet's traditional weakness is that they tend to forget that the objective of blood bowl is store touchdowns, not casualties. In a division with 4 AV4 teams, this is a strategy that might just work. Will be fighting for 4th on the final day.

Sjofn - The Mutiny - Norse
Going in with a TV advantage can be a benefit or a curse for Norse, and they need some tackle before taking on the Skaven contingent, but has enough decent matchups to be in the hunt for the playoffs on the final day - fails to qualify after being held to a draw against the First Ladies.

Avaia - Bleating - Nurgle
Despite being almost as fun to play as Dwarves, I'm expecting avaia's Nurgle to grind their way into a playoff place.

Haemish - Zellar Dwellrz - Skaven
Haemish's surprisingly bashy skaven may do better this season with 3 AV7 opponents.

Ruvaldt - First Ladies - Chaos Dwarf
Top seed starting from tv1000 implies a slow start and strong finish. But the calendar has been as friendly as can be expected, the two sides most likely to cause damage are the Helmets and Bleating, since the Ladies don't face them till day 3 and 7, Ruvaldt can be optimistic. 1st or 2nd.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 05:57:47 AM

Will there actually be failoffs this season? Season 6 failoffs failed miserably by day 2  swamp poop
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 07:36:54 AM

Will there actually be failoffs this season? Season 6 failoffs failed miserably by day 2  swamp poop

Yes. The last failoffs were an open league. These will be a knockout just like with the playoffs. If matches aren't played I'll flip a coin and assign a winner on the deadline.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 02:24:51 PM

Megrim - Vampire
Carnifex27 - Lizards
Ulysees - Lizards
Celer - High Elves
Falconeer - Amazon
Swiftblade - Orcs
Lightfax - Chaos Dwarves
Danicia - Amazons

Megrim, Carnifex and Ulysees are all shoe-ins, and potential finalists in the playoffs.  Carnifex's team was absolutely brutal when he knocked me out of the playoffs my second year with the Presidents and I think he'll take the top spot.  The other playoff spot is a toss-up, but I think it'll be Celer's after a close finish.

Hail Caesar
z22 - Orc
Jasper - Skaven
Gruntle - Chaos
Haemish - Skaven
Sjofn - Norse
Eldaec - Skaven
Avaia - Nurgle
Ruvaldt - Chaos Dwarves

I think Eldaec is going to win the top spot; he has a really strong team that is difficult to stop or outscore.  Avaia is a no-brainer, I think he'll come in second with Sjofn and Gruntle close behind.
A lot of people are giving me the benefit of the doubt because I won Season 7 with the Presidents and a few side leagues with the Emperors, but Chaos Dwarves are completely new to me, and I consider this a kind of rebuilding year.  Plus, now that I've won a season I have a little less of a competitive spirit.  Hopefully I'll tear up a few teams in the Fail Offs and come back stronger for Seasons 8 and 9.

Hordes
Catfud - Necromantic
MA - Chaos Dwarves
Drogg - Lizards
Reborne - Ogres
Teleku - Wood Elves
Luckton - Norse
Schpain - Orcs[/color]
Willlisterman - Dwarves

Drogg will win this division with Llyse close behind.  Actually, I think Drogg could win it all this year.  Llyse will be close behind with Teleku in third, and I think Luckton will make his first playoff appearance this year.

Tamurkhan
Ingmar - Necromantic
Lamaros - Underworld
Ezrast - Underworld
IainC - Skaven
Proudft - Khorne
Satael - Orcs
Fildrigar - Chaos
rk47 - Human

This is the division I wish I was in.  There are going to be some batshit crazy games played here this season.  I think Ingmar will win it.  Second and third are toss-ups between Lamaros and IainC.  I would go with Proudft, but Khorne are such an odd team...I think Satael's practice in the Feeder League will carry him through and get him a playoff berth.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 06:28:58 PM

...and I think Luckton will make his first playoff appearance this year.

Love Letters  Someone has faith in me  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:51 AM

I think I wont lose any games this season  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:34 PM

Not if I kill half your players, first!

*Should be working*
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

Not if I kill half your players, first!

I don't know who you are.  I don't know what you want.  If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have a lot of money, fans, cheerleaders, or assistant coaches.  But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long loosing streak of Season 6 and one match so far this season.  Skills that make me a nightmare for fresh teams like you.  If you throw the game on turn 1 when we meet, that'll be the end of it.  I will not Frenzy/Mighty Blow your favorite player, I will not Pile On to him if I don't break his armor.  But if you don't, I will Dauntless Block your Black Orcs, I will break their necks, and I will kill everyone else.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:07:00 PM

I don't know who you are.  I don't know what you want.  If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have a lot of money, fans, cheerleaders, or assistant coaches.  But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long loosing streak of Season 6 and one match so far this season.  Skills that make me a nightmare for fresh teams like you.  If you throw the game on turn 1 when we meet, that'll be the end of it.  I will not Frenzy/Mighty Blow your favorite player, I will not Pile On to him if I don't break his armor.  But if you don't, I will Dauntless Block your Black Orcs, I will break their necks, and I will kill everyone else.

How trash talk is done right.  Heart
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:25 AM

You have committed every crime under the sun. Where your opponents have had the least AV there you have been the most bashy. It was you who began the indiscriminate 2die blocking. We will have no truce or parley with you, or the grisly Nords who work your wicked will. You do your worst - and we will do our best.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:33:15 AM by schpain »

*Should be working*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Predictions - Overall  
Jump to: