Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The Hobbit: Armies of the Third Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Hobbit: Armies of the Third Age  (Read 2578 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: February 09, 2013, 07:59:18 PM

https://www.kabam.com/games/the-hobbit-armies/play

So this is a fairly vanilla strat rts pbbg in "closed" beta.  It's just a slick candy coating via The Hobbit.  Reminds me a lot of C&C:Tiberium* actually, only w/o the pre-programmed battles; combat in Hobbit is pretty RTS.   As in C&C the lategame resource mechanic is designed around territory control (after you establish your city the usual ways), so you'll eventually butt heads with neighbors.

RMT is pretty minimal as it should be during a 'beta' and the p2w isn't overt, but it's there indeed (via runes that give production boosts typically).

Anyways, nice relaxing browsergame similar to the android/ios affair by the same company.  I'm in the Alliance "Rohans Light" on Gandalf server if you wish to join, but they're capping Alliances to 50 people for now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:24:31 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The Hobbit: Armies of the Third Age  
Jump to: