Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 11:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  (Read 623237 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1190 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:13 PM

May 6, 2016Captain America: Civil War
Nov 4, 2016Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017Guardians of the Galaxy 2
July 28, 2017Thor: Ragnarok
Nov. 3, 2017Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman lead)
July 6: 2018Captain Marvel
May 4, 2018Avengers: Infinity War Part I
Nov 2, 2018Inhumans
May 3, 2019Avengers: Infinity War Part II
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:28 PM

2017 will be a banner year.

So Civil War predictions panned out, Marvel ramps up Outer Space films in time for Infinity Wars, which will likely be the end of the current slate of actors. Thor ushed out as far as it is seems to have to do with Hemsworth attempting to branch out from Thor.

My first thought about splitting Avengers 3 into two parts was whether that was a calculated move to keep Downey, Hemsworth and Evans under contract for one more film.

Edit: That image shows Captain America: Serpent Society, but I saw Civil War on the Marvel feed. Hm?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: October 28, 2014, 12:52:01 PM

They would have to add a picture to their deal.  I highly doubt they could extend any of their movie deals and force them if they weren't contracted for it.

Also I am magnitudes more excited over this line up than DC's.  DC really must be throwing fits over how Marvel just overshadows them at every turn.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:50 PM

Edit: That image shows Captain America: Serpent Society, but I saw Civil War on the Marvel feed. Hm?

It was a swerve, they changed it a few minutes later when they brought out Evans and RDJ.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1194 on: October 28, 2014, 01:05:30 PM

Another new character joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe: "Captain Marvel," set for July 6, 2018. "I want to make it very clear that this Captain Marvel's name is Carol Danvers," Feige said. This film has been in development almost as long as "Guardians of the Galaxy," according to Feige, who said the character straddles two worlds -- Earth-bound origins and outer space adventures.

You're god damned right it is!  Yahoo!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: October 28, 2014, 01:08:57 PM

I like how they are pretty much going to have two separate settings.  Earth based stuff and the outer space stuff, with all three space properties having earth ties.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: October 28, 2014, 01:15:45 PM

Still no confirmed casting for Doctor Strange.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1197 on: October 28, 2014, 01:40:54 PM

Benedict Cumberbatch, bitches.

Also, fuck Civil War. Everything else looks awesome. I liked the Serpent Society thing better, though if the Serpents are involved, the Civil War may not be registration v. not-registration.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: October 28, 2014, 01:49:34 PM

100% sure civil war will be vastly different than the comics.  Most likely they are going to take the core concepts of it and then make it fit in the current universe, which is fine to me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:14 PM

Also I'm happy to be wrong about the black panther but it looks like they are definitely giving him a lot more lead ins than any other hero.  We're probably going to get a glimpse or two of Wakanda in avengers2 and he's also confirmed to be in cap3 and in costume no less. So when the BP movie rolls around he'll already be a thing in peoples minds, which means they obviously want him to be a big deal.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1200 on: October 28, 2014, 01:56:25 PM

Why wouldn't they? The Marvel Universe in the movies is horribly lily-white, at least as far as the leads go. I mean, Falcon was fucking awesome, and I'd be all over a Falcon movie as a lead, but that's not going to happen because they'd be more likely to mirror the comics and make Falcon the new Captain America when Evans bows out than to make a Falcon movie. Better to take an established black character who doesn't start cinematic life as a "sidekick" and blow him out. Now Marvel just needs to figure out what Hispanic character they can turn into a big thing to show true diversity appeal to the growing minority demographics.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: October 28, 2014, 01:59:47 PM

I'm not saying BP isn't going to be awesome and you're right Marvel does need some color in their roster.  It's just an unprecedented amount of lead in to a solo movie so you can tell they are considering him very important.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: October 28, 2014, 02:13:18 PM

I think they are just going the extra mile because BP and Wakanda could VERY EASILY be done really racist and stereotypical horrible.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: October 28, 2014, 02:31:12 PM

Yvonne Strahovski needs to be Carol.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1204 on: October 28, 2014, 02:33:58 PM

My pants agree with your assessment.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1205 on: October 28, 2014, 02:47:50 PM

Also, fuck Civil War. Everything else looks awesome. I liked the Serpent Society thing better, though if the Serpents are involved, the Civil War may not be registration v. not-registration.

Yeah this seems the route that fits best in the universe as it is. HYDRA is a thing, they infiltrate the government and we get GI-Joe2 done Marvel Style.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1206 on: October 28, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

More details.

Black Panther... FUCK YEAH. Civil War... meh. Depends HEAVILY on how they do it and how much of the comic bullshit they ignore.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: October 28, 2014, 03:22:51 PM

Also, judging from those photos, Stephen Moffat will be writing it. That ought to please Ironwood.

why so serious?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: October 28, 2014, 03:26:53 PM

I have more faith in Moffat writing magic and fantasy than anything else he's tried to do.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1209 on: October 28, 2014, 03:37:08 PM

More details.

Black Panther... FUCK YEAH. Civil War... meh. Depends HEAVILY on how they do it and how much of the comic bullshit they ignore.

Given that the next five movies after Cap 3 are fairly unlikely to tie into it (three new character movies, a space movie, and Thor, who isn't on Earth a lot of the time), I'm guessing Civil War will be largely self-contained with maybe some mention in Infinity War. Wouldn't be surprised if by the end of Cap 3, Cap and Iron Man have found some common enemy to fight because I can't see them having Hero vs. Hero as the climax of one of their movies.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1210 on: October 28, 2014, 06:51:32 PM

I will literally lose my shit if Ragnarok brings us Beta Ray Bill.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: October 28, 2014, 09:13:22 PM

No bad news there. Looking forward to all of it. I wonder if they might populate Civil War with folks from TV in addition to Stark / Rodgers.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1212 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:25 AM

I'll just leave this here. awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:07:56 AM by Evildrider »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1213 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:04 AM

They needed to add the part where the Avengers were hanging out and trying to lift Mjolnir.  I believe that was the opening that from Comic-Con we don't see here.

They've released an alternate version of the trailer with that part as the beginning.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: October 29, 2014, 03:36:22 AM

That'll cheer up the wife.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: October 29, 2014, 07:16:49 AM

Also, the internet appears to be abuzz with 'omg Loki's staff was the mind gem !!'

What ?

We knew it was an infinity stone.  What the fuck ?  The only thing we didn't get was why the fuck Thanos gave it away, but I'm sure it's be some Xanatos Gambit.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1216 on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:36 AM

Could make a meeting down the line between Stark and Strange interesting if they get the right actor for the part.
Benedict Cumberbatch
Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: October 29, 2014, 07:54:12 AM

Civil War predictions:

Stark, directly responsible for creating a global threat on par to the Chitauri invasion of New York, experiences extreme guilt (possibly compounded by his PTSD). He realizes he needs some type of oversight to regulate his actions, and turns to the government being the supreme authority over how best to apply his scientific mind. His ego is shattered; all that's left is a shell of his former self who has lost his way.

Rogers, fresh off his experiences with mass government infiltration by HYDRA, believes that the powers must be independent and rely on a personal sense of morality (something Stark is weak in). Government power isn't the 'highest' authority, and would create Nationalist heroes fighting for their country, not humanity. By being accountable only to themselves and each other power, the possibility of corruption is reduced.

Stark finds God / Philosophy and Rogers dies for his beliefs just to show Stark how it's done. The End. Actually, I do foresee Captain America making some kind of grand sacrifice (and Bucky taking over for Avengers III complete with updated costume), and Stark going off to do some soul-searching / humanitarian work and abandoning his pursuit of solving problems through technology. Then there's the grand, final, Phase-3 ending reunion for Infinity Wars. Post-Infinity Wars, the slate gets wiped clean, non-core properties are explored, and a Bondesque reboot is planned and executed by the mid-20's.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: October 29, 2014, 08:25:18 AM

That idea has nothing to do with the Stark that they've shown thus far.  It's going to be a massive swerve if that's the case and, frankly, a bit of a shitty mouthful to swallow.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1219 on: October 29, 2014, 08:31:17 AM

Hinges a lot on character development/ guilt over Ultron in Avengers 2.  They're already showing some pathos from him in the trailer.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: October 29, 2014, 08:33:24 AM

I'm willing to entertain alternative theories on how Stark, on the side of the government, comes to blow with Rogers. I do think Stark is deeply affected by the events of Avengers 2, though I admit a traumatic episode creating internal character conflict was essentially the Avengers -> IM3 progression.

Edit: Also...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:55:49 AM by Maven »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: October 29, 2014, 09:11:08 AM

Cap just blew up Shield rather than rebuild it.

RDJ just learned to be a grown up, accidently creates Ultron.

RDJ thinks 'uh, shield needs to be a thing'.

Cap says 'no wai'

FIGHT! KAPOW! WOOSH!

Oh no! Bad guys!

Cap gets killed.

Very sad, ultimate sacrifice, think about what he stood for,why can't we all just get along?

Bucky might now be Cap, cliffhanger, somehow Thanos involved.

Fin.

What did I miss?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2014, 09:55:14 AM

What would disappoint me about Cap 3 being Civil War focused is that it totally leaves the Bucky story from Winter Soldier unresolved. And that's a fuckload more interesting story than goddamn Civil War.

Also, Fuck Civil War.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2014, 10:16:39 AM

Bucky could easily fit into the storyline for civil war and a whole winter soldier focused movie would be stretching it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2014, 10:52:14 AM

I tend to like the less actiony comics movies, so I'm hoping something like Demon in a Bottle gets some play. Doubtful, but one can hope.

Thor's reaction when Cap grabs Mjolnir and it moves slightly was my favorite part of that.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  
Jump to: