Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House of Cards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: House of Cards  (Read 1984 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

on: February 01, 2013, 07:06:51 PM

Started watching this today in the evening and it is a damn political bloodbath of a series. Just damn.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:10:43 AM

Started watching this today in the evening and it is a damn political bloodbath of a series. Just damn.
Its "based" on a British miniseries and seems to be quite good.

I think Netflix hit it out of the park with this, especially because the whole thing is online day one.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:04:42 AM

online day one.

They're releasing Arrested Development this way, too.  All 14 new episodes, live in a day.  What a treat.

I just added House of Cards to my instant queue, will have to check it out later.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 02:02:49 PM

I'm enjoying it.

Here's the first five minutes of the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSWrTG8sBRI
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 02:46:12 PM

Loving this series so far - I'm up to Ep 3.  Really surprised at the production quality, and Spacey is perfect for the role.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:51:30 PM

You might think so, I could not possibly comment.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:41:42 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:48 AM

Digging this.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:06:21 AM

Anyone else still able to whistle the theme song from the original?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:12 AM

The wife and I watched the first episode last night.  I immediately added it to my Instant Queue.  As a bit of a political news junkie, this is right up my alley.

I have never played WoW.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:58 AM

Saw the original three series years ago, and am absolutely fascinated by how this differs. Part of it is the 30 years that have passed, part of it is US rather than Britain... but most of it is just that this just has so many more axes to grind. It doesn't just hate corruption in the federal government, it hates corruption everywhere: The media, the lobbyists, the public, local government, churches, charities, corporations. Nobody is coming out of this unscathed.

What it does share in common is that nobody makes stupid mistakes because they're holding the Idiot Ball. They make them because they're selfish, greedy, and power-hungry. It's a pile of con games, and a delight to watch.

Also Netflix releasing the whole season as a chunk is a fascinating experiment. I hope it pays off for them so that we can get more content in this format: I'm not sure how it makes them money -- other than by encouraging people to subscribe to their service now that so many production companies have gotten shy about streaming films -- but episodic miniseries is a perfect fit for the Netflix service model.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 04:25:07 PM

Finished this and it's a good show. It's hard to think of anything else which has such interesting characters.

One thing about the ending that disappointed me just a little (I'm not going to say what happened in the story, just an observation)
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 05:29:53 PM

I haven't finished but felt your observation might be similar to a comment I'd made while watching it, and it was. Spoilery stuff for the British series, by the by, which is also available on Neflix and which I heartily recommend (it's enough different from the American one that watching one won't spoil the other...)

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House of Cards  
Jump to: