Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Leap Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leap Day  (Read 3747 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:29 AM

http://leapdaygame.com/index.html

Requires Unity web engine installed.  It's like a stripped-down, co-op Spacechem.  There's potential here, though I'm still in the learning phases.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

Okay, game is neato. 

It plays like a mobile game, in fact it's partially done by Spryfox that made Triple Town.  It really is like a Spacechem lite, though you play in a world with up to 8 other people.  The goal is to build enough production in 3 real days time to destroy wizard towers and monster lairs. 

There's no actual combat, it's all about producing enough goods to melt their towers in the allotted times. 

It's free to play in beta, though you can buy crowns to do stuff.  Right now the only thing to buy is another character so you can have another instance of the game running.  I'm sure there will be more to come. 

Try it!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:44:20 AM

Did someone say Spacechem?   Heart

edit: this is a good game.  Nice find!  I'm ingame as "Ghambit" 
I wont say it's better than spacechem, but it definitely has the potential to be.  So far the monetization is its biggest hurdle as to advance beyond the beginning zone you need crowns.  And to gain special items, you need crowns.  So pay2win?  Yup.

They should've made a $15 client and just plopped it on steam with achievements and persistence, but I see they definitely wanted to go mobile.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:10:13 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Leap Day  
Jump to: