Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  (Read 176030 times)
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsIo0k2pNw&feature=player_embedded

Here is an example of it failing. Notice how the MF and Jax get big on side lane XP and just come in and ruin while nocturne can't effectively stop them both from pushing
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 08:29:55 PM

Yikes, Curse v. GG University today was pretty intense.   ACK!

CRS is just fucking smashing this season, it's crazy.  Voyboy is an absolute beast.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 08:59:48 PM

Yah, he's gotten pretty ridiculous.  He seems to be the most technically sound top laner right now, and his instincts have been pretty solid.

CaughtShotGG was back in full force in the CRS/CLG game. 

I think the top team out of NA could be any of CRS/CLG/TSM.  The fall off after that seems a bit extreme.  Dignitas looks like poop.  TSM looks like they're still in a funk. CLG looks good, and then it looks like Aphromoo has no idea what's going on. CRS just looks solid.   Teams will likely start camping Voy hard.  At least all of Europe and Asia will. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:11:08 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 05:59:55 PM

Aphro looks pretty clueless as support a lot of the time. As an AD carry on other teams he was prone to extreme swings, converting him to support just seems weird. He may have the mechanical skills but not  the awareness and decision-making.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Voy faces international competition. He got smashed when he was top-laning for CLG. I kind of suspect he'll get smashed again.

The GGU game...they made the classic mistake of trying to bum-rush the Nexus instead of just slowly pushing to get all 3 inhibs. The first time they did it I kind of understood, it looked like they might be able to finish. The second time they did it was flat out super dumb.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 06:12:03 PM

In Voy's defense, that CLG team had Hotshot at jungle.  He was worse at jungle than he was at support, if that's possible.  It was a bad fit.    I think he could do OK against Euro tops, but people will scheme to take advantage of his aggressive play.  Asian top laners will wreck him hard.  I don't see him winning top against the likes of Stanley, Shy, Caomei, or even the slightly overrated Maknoon. They play so much better with their junglers.

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:22 PM

Yeah, when I said "international" I really meant Asian.  awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 03:31:59 AM

I'm with Margalis. Every time I watch Voyboy, or that man child Dyrus play, I think: 'yeah you're doing well now, let's see how it goes when you face Stanley, or Maknoon, or even Darien. Enjoy moping up the fragmented and pathetic players that NA can cobble together, cause it falls right the fuck apart when you get a real LAN going on.' And whenever I see Chaox, or even Doublellift do well at the bottom I just laugh. They are so hopelessly outclassed on the international scene it isn't even funny.

As for Curse, yeah they are rocking this tourny, good for them. They always rock at the start of the season, or when shit doesnt really matter. When it does, they (mainly Saintviscious) play like utter shiite.

Oh, and how has no one mentioned TSM now being Team Snapdragon, and (despite the fact that they are a middling team at this point) are getting their own show?

http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/interviews-w-reginald-on-new-show-and-more-doublelift-and-hotshotgg-interview-3662/

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:05 AM

It doesn't matter how well they play because they have showmanship.  Even Dyrus has his moments of gold.  Chaox and Oddone are like meth riddled adhd freaks, especially when Dyrus does something stupid.  Reginald has a popular aggressive mid and his lips could form their own spin off series.  I don't know much about Xpecial though he seems like the straight man in a comedic group.  I don't even like TSM all that much, but collectively they continue to have a huge amount of twitch viewers.  Out of all the NA teams, they're the one group that makes sense.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 01:05:39 PM

TSM isn't the force it used to be, but they're by no means bad. Individually i would say they're weak in lane, but they have an amazing team fight presence.

And LiftLift is probably one of the top two ADC's in the game
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 04:25:05 PM

Yeah, DLift can stand up to anyone. He has mostly fixed his weakness of giving up Baron in order to kill wraiths. He usually has a good early game and even if he doesn't he still farms like a mad man and has a great late game.

On the CLG from last season Jiji was incredibly inactive in mid, always losing lane and never making plays. Voy sucked top and HS was horrible in the jungle, but CLG's bot lane still did well even in international play. On a team with 3 other great players the DLift/Chauster bot lane would have looked amazing.

DoubleLift is also like an order of magnitude better than Chaox, who just completely vanishes from many games.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 06:54:59 PM

I am not sure if they need to replace caughtshotGG. I mean he loses lane a lot and usually ends up with bad scores but he plays a team fight support role that is really unappreciated. The way he plays for his team wins them games even if his score looks bad.  CLG knows that doublift is their carry and centers their team around protecting him. When they could not do that (see game vs curse) then they lose

It's similar to "no one loses lane like dyrus".
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 01:50:09 PM

What is that? A Nasus pick in a tournament. HSGG <3
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 01:59:27 PM

Nasus got some love in the last patch, if I recall correctly.  Assuming that the tournaments always play with the latest code as well, he's pretty sweet these days.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 02:19:26 PM

Nasus got some love in the last patch, if I recall correctly.  Assuming that the tournaments always play with the latest code as well, he's pretty sweet these days.

I think the LCS games are one patch behind live?  Unless that was just the last two weeks.

edit: kinda hoping to see some Thresh this week, myself.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:14:15 PM by Kail »
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 07:05:48 PM

Nasus got some love in the last patch, if I recall correctly.  Assuming that the tournaments always play with the latest code as well, he's pretty sweet these days.

I think the LCS games are one patch behind live?  Unless that was just the last two weeks.

edit: kinda hoping to see some Thresh this week, myself.

You will see him... banned every game
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 04:54:36 AM

Thresh is a walking CC factory.  Combined with the current meta of "tankiness = winning" and that a well farmed Thresh could potentially say "fuck all damage", and yeah, you will never see him.  For additional lulz, go find the Skarner + Thresh kidnapping rape videos on YouTube.

The nice thing about this is that it pushes out some of the more frequently banned champs, so maybe we'll see some more of them in play.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 05:35:06 AM

I like thresh for CC but boy you have to have some competent people on your team cause while his CC is very tactical it's not a "save the dumbass" skillset like other supports have.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:22 AM

He definitely has a high "you must be this skilled to play effectively" threshold.  Still, if you can swing that lantern good enough...

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:13 AM

I'm referring to your team mates. There's no hard CC lik a sona ult, no heals or stuns, no aoe blitz silence either.  Thresh's ult can be tactical but it's certainly not the life saver of other support ults.

He's strong but much like playing a priest in wow, if they don't click the fucking lightwell then it's still useless.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 07:43:31 AM

Most people, and I include myself in this, don't have clue fucking one how to play with or against Thresh. I know to click on the lantern but there have been times where clicking it was just as much of a death trap as not because I had to run back into the rampaging hordes to click it. I'm going to have to buy him and play him in blind before I can be competent with him. He is, however, a goddamn kill machine, both for himself and anyone with him.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 09:22:26 AM

It's such a shame we're not likely to see him any time soon. Once he starts making it into pro play I expect to see some absolutely amazing plays involving lanterns.
Rasix

Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 05:48:32 PM

Marn and GGU just hit 25 minutes without a single kill.  30 seconds later Renekton gets a triple.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:34 PM

Just noticed that last week had the first real upset of LCS NA, with the previously win-less Vulcun taking a game off of CLG. Was a solid game too, aside from Hotshot deciding that this was the game to try out Nasus in competitive play.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 08:22:25 PM

Yeah, Vulcun was actually something like 0-5 going in to the week, and ended it 3-5, which is pretty impressive, and it'll be interesting to see if they can continue to keep their streak going.  Though the whole of Friday was basically the bottom four teams duking it out.  Even compLexity managed to grab a win, finally, so NA doesn't have a team that's doing quite as bad as the Copenhagen Wolves.

ps who the fuck decided it would be a good idea to run LCS for twelve straight hours on wednesday holy shit
I was going to check who Vulcun was playing this week, loaded the page and was like "oh,  I see. Everybody."
Rasix

Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 12:10:59 PM

Voyboy's about to play AP Trynd in an LCS game.   swamp poop  God I hate AP Trynd.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:12:31 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 27, 2013, 12:29:43 PM

Voyboy's about to play AP Trynd in an LCS game.   swamp poop  God I hate AP Trynd.

Best to do it now before the next patch hits and his AP scaling gets nerfed to hell.

Rasix

Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:34 PM

Little risk in this game, anyhow.  Marn is terrible.

edit: this is completely retarded.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 12:46:57 PM

Watching it now.  I think Mern is hoping for a late-game turn-around with Trist being able to out-range and out-gun the muffin-top.  So far, that plan is not working.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 12:50:28 PM

And it's already over  why so serious?

Rasix

Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 06:53:37 PM

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:28 PM

Did they win? I was watching their game today but I don't remember if I saw the ending or not.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:59 PM

MRN won.

And Dignitas took the first game off of Curse who are now 8-1 on the season.
Rasix

Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:50 PM

DIG looked really strong.  Voy got wrecked by kiwikid, and Scarra farmed out of his mind.  StVicious and Elementz got caught several times.  I expect them to trade wins during the season.

I kept waiting for Marn to throw that game.  Didn't happen.

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:52 PM

Man, what the fuck.
They just took town TSM, too.  ACK!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:55:39 PM by Kail »
Rasix

Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:05 PM

-Rasix
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  
Jump to: