Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  (Read 175643 times)
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

........ Why did he flash?

Body block the exit route after the stun? Fuck who am i kidding, its Chauster at PAX there aint no reason for anything he does
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: September 03, 2013, 11:00:46 PM

Hey gang, I'm really sorry I've been out for this event, but I had a camping trip and I've only caught up now.

As much as I don't like them, I feel I have to give props to TSM. They are the defending NA champs, and they didn't go down without a fight. It's not like they played like shit versus C9, it's just that C9 played way better than them. And I'm glad they did, because is it just me, or do they look like they might even win a set or two against some Koreans?

CLG getting knocked off right away made me howl with glee, cause Doublelift can suck a cock, Dig are lucky they got to face Curse, because they other wise look like the trash that they are. And Curse, forever 4th indeed. Enjoy relegation SaintVicious.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:23 PM

TSM? No. C9? Probably

TSM plays like a soloqueue team, they don't understand why certain picks are good in certain positions. The games against c9 were a really good example of this because TSM continued to pick sona into safe/kite ADC's that had AoE engage comps behind them. They picked karthus into a team that did not care about karthus's engage. Had they picked a tanky top and disengage support they might have actually won a game (because mechanically,  besides Regi, TSM are really amazingly competent).

But they let C9 dictate the game from champ select each game. They did not select a composition that could beat C9 let alone play the composition in a way that could.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: September 04, 2013, 08:30:14 AM

Oh my bad. Yeah I meant C9 exclusively there. No TSM is not going to beat any Koreans. I would be shocked to see them crawl out of the group stages.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: September 06, 2013, 01:37:43 PM

No North American team is going to beat any Koreans. I would be shocked to see them crawl out of the group stages.

Fixed  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #285 on: September 12, 2013, 09:21:52 AM

Regi is going ot have to lane against thisACK!

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:48 PM

Welp, the worlds have started, and TSM is roflstomping that one fucking team that shouldn't be in the worlds.  why so serious?

Rasix

Reply #287 on: September 15, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

A win's a win.  Baylife.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: September 15, 2013, 02:25:31 PM

Yup, Koreans just playing around with Lemondogs. Can we just get to the SK v OMG match already?

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:08 PM

I don't think Baylife works against the Chinese  Ohhhhh, I see.

Rasix

Reply #290 on: September 15, 2013, 07:32:36 PM

So, Vi and Corki.  Welcome back.

How is Zuna going to manage to throw this?  Because Mancloud is shitting all over fnatic.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: September 15, 2013, 08:00:50 PM

Yeah Corki is awfully good right now. So good that Zuna didn't even throw on him  why so serious?

It's funny listening to Doublelift the commentator. "This is what I would do right now." Well, you have a whole team revolve around you, and they came in 5th in NA, so lets maybe get a second opinion.

Edit: Also, is it just me, or does Aatrox just look fucking broken this tourny?

Rasix

Reply #292 on: September 15, 2013, 11:25:31 PM

Doublelift is hard to listen to. 

Holy shit, Gambit.  This I would not have predicted.  Montecristo's head is going to explode.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: September 16, 2013, 01:44:57 AM

Haha, yeah, that was a cool win.

Also, I really wish that GGeu, and Mineski were not in the tournament. They don't belong at all, and they are just a free win for the teams playing them. Their games are embarassing to watch. Meanwhile, KT Rolster B, Invictus Gaming, and to a lesser extent, EG are watching from the sidelines.

OMG has impressed me the most so far. That aggression  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: September 16, 2013, 06:39:34 AM

I agree OMG looks really strong right now.  I don't think I'm ready to count out SKT1 though.   Also props to Vulcan for taking down Fnatic, xPeke is really strong on Lissandra and they put a pretty solid win on them.

I would have also rather seen KT Bullets than gaming gear or Mineski, I can understand wanting the regions represented but it feels like some regions just don't have a strong enough competitive scene to even warrant a worlds spot.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: September 16, 2013, 06:43:19 AM

Anyone seen Gama Bears play?  I don't know what to expect out of them.
Rasix

Reply #296 on: September 16, 2013, 10:35:02 AM

Never. I have no idea if Taiwan geo has kept up this season.  But the Taiwan area isn't like SEA or the wildcard.  These guys beat the Taipei Snipers, who were supposedly better than TPA (who fell apart this year).  Apparently, they're not very well liked in their own geo, and their win was met with stunned silence and a smattering of boos.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: September 16, 2013, 05:34:21 PM

Solo queue is going to be really annoying during and after this tourny. It's going to be filled with wanna be Corkis, Ahris, and (ughhh) Singed.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:25 PM

I find I actually really like Montecristo(?) and his analysis. He sounds, looks, and acts professionally, a trait which degrades the further one moves right down that desk.

Rasix

Reply #299 on: September 17, 2013, 12:33:36 AM

This group is a bit weird.  Also, Dade's Gragas was not ready for professional LoL against anyone.  Fuck, that was awful.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:51 AM

Ya Dade just seems to suck.

Fnatic are starting to steam roll though. They made Gambit look like Mineski.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:35 PM

Ozone is making picks they don't normally pick and playing with a new player. It's like the lost all confidence and just decided to wing it. That Gragas was fucking awful. He missed like 3 ults in a row and then the next two hit only the tank.

For some reason Fnatic consistently owns Gambit. They just have them figured out, it's weird. It seems like they didn't do anything terribly special or make huge plays, they just slowly and consistently won the game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: September 17, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

Dade plays a mean Zed, they will probably ban him out of it all tournament though so we probably wont get to see it.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: September 17, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

Almost every mid laner there is plays a mean Zed.

Edit: Ya Zed even manages to make Reginald look good. It's the champion, not the player. That champ is just flat out broken at the pro level.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:12:42 PM by Ashamanchill »

Rasix

Reply #304 on: September 19, 2013, 04:13:51 PM

Today's games should be interesting.  Can the Europeans complete their derailment of the Korean hype train?  I have my doubts, as the Euro performances all season have been somewhat schizo, but we shall see.

Large image:

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:48 PM

That was the most boring pro League game ever. Pure PvE FTW?

Rasix

Reply #306 on: September 19, 2013, 10:59:00 PM

Dade: First time Lissandra, no flame, ok?

Damn, that was a stomp, even after that awful start.

That was the most boring pro League game ever. Pure PvE FTW?

Gambit/SSO match? Yeah.  I'm not sure why pro teams are unable to deal with double AD push comps.  I mean, it really only worked once the entire NA split and was tried like 5 times.   Granted, NA teams don't execute like Koreans.  The itemization, rotations, and lane freezing were all just dumb as hell.  Gambit can really toss in stinkers like this out of nowhere.   I think playing SSO, you just ban/pick out Dade, because he knows like 4 champs.  Take the a gamble with the rest of the team and hope Imp doesn't go HAM on you.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:07:36 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #307 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:00 PM

Faker on Riven.  This should be interesting.  Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.

AAANND, gives up first blood before I even finish this post.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: September 20, 2013, 08:05:12 PM

Not that it mattered one lick.  Facepalm

That was just a stomp from the get go, minus the first blood.

Edit: And now an OMG vs GGeu game. Grrrrrrrrreat. I swear almost all the games of this group stage are total stomps. I don't think one game has gone to the really late stage.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:07:07 PM by Ashamanchill »

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:57 PM

That was beyond a stomp, that felt as if a Diamond 1 squad was facing a Bronze 5 squad. At least they made it quick.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Rasix

Reply #310 on: September 20, 2013, 11:30:20 PM

Dyrus is just getting shit on every game.  Their inability to adjust to this is baffling.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:05 AM

It's pretty pathetic. Buy a ward or don't extend. I Know it sucks a little, but it's better than the alternative.  That, or TSM should try rotating the OddOne up to counter gank, since they everyone and their dog seems to see this weakness in TSM now.

Rasix

Reply #312 on: September 23, 2013, 12:29:21 PM

I have a bad feeling that C9 is just going to get demolished.  Hope I'm wrong, but Fnatic is just on a roll right now.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

I have a bad feeling that C9 is just going to get demolished.  Hope I'm wrong, but Fnatic is just on a roll right now.

C9 picked poorly the first game. if they can correct that they should be OK
Rasix

Reply #314 on: September 23, 2013, 01:28:15 PM

Too many mid bans.  Hai has a rather small champ pool.  He has to be protected somewhat.

edit.  Start of game 3.  gg C9.  Nice showing.  For such a good team, C9 often has dreadful lvl1s.

That being said, I liked their chances going into this game.  Still may work in their favor, they can out scale Fnatic here, once again.

edit 2:  Yep, NA is the shit geo yet again.  How many times can Lemonnation get caught in one game? Gah.

I think they need to work on a better format.  It's kind of dumb for a team to only get one series and then be done.  I believe TI3 at least had a loser's bracket for teams that got a bye.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:10:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  
Jump to: