Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  (Read 176846 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #245 on: July 18, 2013, 01:37:13 PM

TSM are in bad shape.  Completely outclassed so far.

Why does Dyrus ever pick Yorick?  He doesn't even do well with this champ in solo queue.  Never has.

edit:

Kind of predictable results. 

Curse is playing better and Coast really isn't that good.

DIG got dumpstered. They play like a solo queue team.  Vulcan just lane really well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:04:06 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: July 18, 2013, 06:51:42 PM

Is VES Cris gone for good or was he just subbed out for today?

IMO he was the worst player on any team. He had that one game where twice in row as Vlad he pooled as Karthus died and then Karthus' ult killed him, instead of just waiting for the ult to start then pooling. You don't have to guess, you can pool on reaction every time. He did stuff like that a lot, just seemed like he constantly cracked under the pressure.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #247 on: July 18, 2013, 07:22:47 PM

Is VES Cris gone for good or was he just subbed out for today?

IMO he was the worst player on any team. He had that one game where twice in row as Vlad he pooled as Karthus died and then Karthus' ult killed him, instead of just waiting for the ult to start then pooling. You don't have to guess, you can pool on reaction every time. He did stuff like that a lot, just seemed like he constantly cracked under the pressure.

No idea.  VES is obviously having problems with their roster.  Cris played well to get them into the LCS and his early Elise work was decent.  He's mostly just known for being a solo queue Riven player and someone that apparently used to ghost. I'm surprised they haven't reached out (perhaps they have) to some of the better known, unemployed top laners.  Vileroze may not lane for shit, but he's probably better for the team as Cris can't team fight (like a true Riven main) and isn't a big part of their decision making process.

And.. Holy shit, VES won that?  HOW?  I turned it off when I left work.

edit:  Watched it.  I turned it off like 10 seconds before the game completely turned around.  Hah.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:30:57 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: July 19, 2013, 12:15:30 AM

TSM v C9; Yup, TSM is just not in the same weight class as the top teams anymore. That being said, they have been written of before and come out swinging when it counts.

Curse v Coast: Yawn.

Dig v Vulcan: Dig is a fucking joke. They have been for the longest time, and even before that, what the fuck have they ever done? Have they won anything. They just aren't good. Love seeing this current Vulcan team play, every game is fun.

CLG v VES:  Facepalm Hahaha. Okay, go ahead, pick a team with no hard cc save Sona. Yeah, see how well that fares.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #249 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:27 AM

That Irelia pick was just really, really dumb given the rest of their team comp.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: July 20, 2013, 05:06:22 PM

The LCS system really seems to be working for allowing "young" talent to prove themselves.  Part of the reason the old guard (Dignitas et al) were able to stand apart for so long is that the highest hurdle was just securing some kind of funding for your team.  Now there is at least some attainable goal for legitimately good players to become professionals.  This is why Korea has become so good - they've just had this infrastructure for pro-gaming for a decade already always providing motivation and a clear path to the highest quality players. 
Rasix

Reply #251 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

Why do teams keep giving Rumble to C9? Seems like their one "must ban" that every team thinks they can somehow deal with.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:02:01 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: July 25, 2013, 02:04:17 PM

I haven't the faintest, but it makes me happy! Maybe they think that Runic Bulwark will negate him somehow?

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #253 on: July 25, 2013, 02:04:52 PM

And.. out comes Regi's TF.   awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

edit: Good thing Dig sucks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:51:02 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: July 25, 2013, 03:01:05 PM

I actually hope they drop right out of the LCS this split.

Rasix

Reply #255 on: July 29, 2013, 07:23:03 AM

If anyone wants to see something a bit different, Diamond from Gambit ran jungle Karma in both EU LCS games this past weekend.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:15 PM

I'm at the point where I can watch these pro games and understand what they are saying. I'm surprised they play these games in the middle of the day though. I would think they would spread them out during prime time.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 29, 2013, 01:21:12 PM

Huh?? They do. The North American ones anyways.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: July 29, 2013, 08:06:46 PM

Hmm I thought i saw 1pm pst start times.
Rasix

Reply #259 on: August 15, 2013, 09:52:19 AM

EU looks really bad.  I don't think we'll be seeing any EU or NA teams in the semis this year. Well, unless they get some really lucky draws and only have to face each other or other crap geos.

Of course, given my track record of predictions, Vulcan will win worlds.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #260 on: August 15, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

CST and VES in heated competition to prove who sucks the most.  I really hate watching these two teams.  VES doesn't even look like they're trying anymore.  CST just has everyone playing awful at the same time, which doesn't usually produce good results.

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: August 15, 2013, 10:55:25 PM

I don't understand why VES brought Chris (Cris?) back. The guy just can't play at this level. They would be better off with any number of diamond / challenger top laners.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #262 on: August 16, 2013, 11:20:37 PM

I guess they can't find anyone that will move in with them?  Vileroze has quit/retired and doesn't want to be a top laner.  Not that lane assignment really means that much with top/mid anymore.  I guess the decent top laners are on teams hoping to take VES's spot.

Cris's Riven game against DIG was really cringeworthy.  It was hard to watch.  It was like a bad solo queue performance. He bought 2 red pots before items and got nothing out of it.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #263 on: August 26, 2013, 07:44:31 AM

Fnatic, Lemondogs, and Gambit in for EU.  EG lost 2-1 to Gambit for the last spot.  Sad, because they're nice guys, but 4th sounds about right for them.  At least they have job security for now.

Two other unknown teams qualified for Worlds: Mineski from EU and Gaming Gear EU from the international wildcard. Expect a NA team to lose a game to these teams.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: August 26, 2013, 02:09:16 PM

The sad part was, EG roflstomped Gambit in their first game. Like 25-3 or something, and it took Gambit about 20 mins to get that first kill. The second game they were clearly dicking around and not putting in everything, and yeah, no worlds for them.

Good on Fnatic for being champs again. I want to see how they fare up against the Koreans. My prediction for NA; Vulcan top, C9 second, TSM third.

Rasix

Reply #265 on: August 26, 2013, 02:18:36 PM

My prediction for NA; Vulcan top, C9 second, TSM third.

That's possible.  I though I think there's a better than average chance that TSM stays home.  Regi/Dyrus had some sort of major blow up and they're weak as they've ever been.  That said, they're still the only real big game team in NA and they won't shrink when it comes to win or go home.  But yah, C9 and Vulcan are really playing much better than anyone else.  Barring illness or injury, they go to Worlds.

Fnatic at worlds is interesting. They actually have a top laner that won't get totally shit on by the Korean/Chinese tops. Xpeke can actually make plays.  Cyanide is good.  I'm just unsure about their botlane. Yellowstar is just OK as support and the Puzuu/Reckles situation is weird.   However, we've just seen them get randomly shit on this split.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #266 on: August 30, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Holy shit, that ending.

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: August 30, 2013, 01:31:33 PM

CLG is a very dumb team.

Malphite had TP and there were times when he had a whole side of the map to himself and instead of pushing would just recall for no reason instead of forcing someone to come try to stop him. And that final TP after the tower had gone down was so bad.

People liked to blame "caughtshotGG" for their problems but they still have the same problems. They lose so many game because of their incompetent split-pushing. Either someone pushes without vision and dies then off the long death timer the enemy team takes a bunch of stuff, or they push slowly while the enemy team takes multiple objectives and give up 3 towers for 1 as 4 people die to a dive  (this is DL's specialty)...this time they had Malph with TP and not only did he not really split push at all but he TP'd back at the worst time. He either should have TP'd back much sooner or just kept on going while they conceded that tower.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:46 PM

And that second game...

At one point Chauster and JiJi were sitting in the enemy top jungle, recalling, then cancelling recall, then recalling again...it seemed like they had no idea WTF they were doing and were basically just waiting to get caught and die. Then one of them does die and TSM gets Baron.

Edit: These are some of the worst-played games I've seen. I don't know if these guys are just nervous or what, this first Dig vs Crs game is also retarded.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:11:56 PM by Margalis »

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:36 PM

Yeah.. I have no idea what is going on. These are awful, awful games. I really really hope C9 redeems these playoffs into something watchable.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Rasix

Reply #270 on: August 30, 2013, 03:22:06 PM

DIG is just fucking awful.

It's funny.  You can just tell how horribly disappointed the analysts are with the current level of play.  Phreak is trying to play it up, but Kobe and Jatt are basically just facepalming through this entire thing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:53:00 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #271 on: August 30, 2013, 04:32:30 PM

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #272 on: August 30, 2013, 07:04:00 PM

Ohh Curse, forever 4th.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: August 30, 2013, 11:03:48 PM

He did that last year at Pax too. Missed all of his creshendo's

Also, i thought this was funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yo8ohQuO48
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:48 AM

Cleansed the disappointment of LCS playoffs with the OGN Final of SKT1 vs KTBullets. That Faker vs Ryu 1v1 Zed mirror match in game 5 was the best duel I have ever seen in LoL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YvuTh9DRQQ

The Lord of the Land approaches..
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: August 31, 2013, 04:39:40 PM

TSM TSM.... just kidding. At least tsm looked like an original team against vulcan...well at least untill vulcan bans karthus ^_^.
Rasix

Reply #276 on: September 01, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Well, not much of a doubt who the best team in NA is.  Yeesh.

-Rasix
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: September 02, 2013, 07:08:56 AM

If you remove the the names it'll look like TSM is being manhandled by koreans again. Ohhhhh, I see.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: September 02, 2013, 06:06:58 PM

........ Why did he flash?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: September 03, 2013, 11:49:31 AM

My guess is that he meant to flash to the right and aim his ult back left, so that he would hit 2 or even 3 people, but fucked up and moved his mouse back to where he wanted to aim before actually doing the flash.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Pro Play and Celebrity Gossip  
Jump to: