Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: War Thunder 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 141513 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: May 16, 2014, 07:11:22 AM

Which mode where you all playing? Arcade is pretty loose with physics, realistic less so and simulator can be downright hard to turn at times.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:38 AM

I mostly play Realistic, if their are enough people on to make the queue bearable I'll do Simulator.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: May 16, 2014, 08:24:13 AM

Downloading now to give the tankage a whirl. Are planes and tanks in the same games or are they still separate?

Hic sunt dracones.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: May 16, 2014, 08:48:27 AM

Downloading now to give the tankage a whirl. Are planes and tanks in the same games or are they still separate?

Split right now for no known reason. Cbt had them together in rb and sb only.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Hrm... one reason could be that they are stress testing live separately to make sure its stable before combining them.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: May 16, 2014, 10:10:50 AM

Or (most likely answer) balancing tonks and skygods for the same battle is hard and they're still trying to figure it out.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:39 AM

They changed the queue system a bit which may also apply. Planes were actually mostly shot in the mixed cbt events because not many ground attack folks play rb or sb
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:14 AM

This game has been such a mess since 1.35 patch, still not really tempted to get back into it. Historical battle still garbage, boring TDM climbfest, arcade still ridic unbalanced with wide BR spreads, playing all kinds of jets in T4 while I'm in some weaksauce A6M5 zero or P51.
WayAbvPar

Reply #218 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:58 AM

Not going to bother updating until the mix is in. I have played planes, I can play tanks in WoT. What I can't do is play both. Once they get that up and running it will be worth a look.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #219 on: May 18, 2014, 03:46:03 PM

Which mode where you all playing? Arcade is pretty loose with physics, realistic less so and simulator can be downright hard to turn at times.

I played arcade, maybe I'll give it another go but it's far more likely I'll just delete it.   It didn't grab me and failed to explain anything in the interface about research, or even wtf I'm doing beyond shooting other tanks. Just tells me they're not my cup of tea.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #220 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:55 PM

Shooting other tanks or capping is pretty much what there is. Play the realistic battles, handling is less over-responsive though the lighter tanks will still slide. It doesn't bother me much though, after renting a little tracked backhoe and trying to drive it has given me an appreciation how easy it is to over correct a tracked vehicle. The research is pretty self explanatory. The plane version gives the actual numerical modifiers for each item and I admit would have been nice here. Realistic aslo gives a lot more XP, but you have to actually aim your gun. No little red outlines or colors for pen, or any help or hint whether you're even going to hit what you're aiming at. Sniping is very, very hard in this game.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #221 on: May 24, 2016, 10:22:11 AM

Played a few matches of this flying arcade battles recently. A LOT has changed and I am completely confused. Having fun though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: May 24, 2016, 11:07:47 AM

Yeah I re-installed this last month and played a bunch after not playing for over year. I didn't really notice many changes though to arcade airplanes. Some changes to arcade tanks but not much, new British ones and also some new maps, although I don't really like the tank game as much as planes.

I guess I should try that new "enduring conflict" in simulation mode. The thing I never liked about simulation mode was it took too long with runway starts, and then the most important thing was climbing forever to get to max height. The game setup was single life team death match too, so the only point was to knock off everyone so the team with the most performance altitude fighters generally won (bombers were essentially just leeches). If this EC mode can fix this by altering the TDM aspect, giving ground targets more importance, and using altitude starts instead of runway, it would make it more appealling.
WayAbvPar

Reply #223 on: May 24, 2016, 11:32:18 AM

The upgrading and purchase interfaces have changed significantly since I last played.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: May 24, 2016, 01:13:00 PM

Yeah they re-designed that UI which is ok but not really something that changes the game much.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: August 11, 2016, 03:32:57 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #226 on: August 14, 2016, 10:08:13 AM

Nice! It will be fun to strafe the shit out of those from the air  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: August 15, 2016, 07:31:45 AM

I imagine that will be in it. The air battle spawning in ground battles is one of the best parts of the game, at least in arcade which is basically all I play.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: June 05, 2017, 12:27:47 PM

Anyone still play this? I've been getting some battles in for something new (planes plus its not WoT) bought myself a new tank IIIJ and suddenly I'm completely outclassed by every tank I go up against. Not in the manner of 'oh Shannow you suck dude get some skills', but to the point of I can't even penetrate a single tank when shooting it in the rear from 50m away. Am I missing the p2w factor?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: June 05, 2017, 08:56:20 PM

waiting for ships to go public before I check it out, never was a big fan of tank battles though, liked airplanes better. They steadily ratcheted up the grind too over the years which took away the fun.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: June 08, 2017, 10:13:53 PM

The Grind and P2W was always this games biggest flaw. In terms of mechanics it meat the crap out of WOT, but they are just too fucking greedy. I remember looking at how much money I would have to pay to be competitive in planes (beefing up my crew and firing rate and so on) and I just said fuck this.

Hic sunt dracones.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: June 09, 2017, 07:31:13 AM

The plane grind isn't as bad as tanks especially at low tiers, unless they've changed that. At higher 4-5 tiers where planes get really grindy they aren't as fun, fewer intense furballs, more about climb and snipe. When tanks came out they really ratcheted up the module grind too, stuff like fire extinguishers being a lvl 2 or 3 module really irked me (random burnout death without them).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: War Thunder  
Jump to: