Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: The Tribunal - weep for humanity 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tribunal - weep for humanity  (Read 20734 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: January 16, 2013, 02:31:20 AM

Thought it might be fun to talk about some of the bizarre cases from the tribunal, I'm kinda sad that I took a few months off while they got rid of the IP bonuses for it and made it level 20 and above. I finally hit 30 two nights ago and was excited to start judging people, but then I found out there is no real reason to do it anymore other than to see how wretched people are to each-other in online play.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:03:21 AM

http://bit.ly/itWChd

If you want to weep for (LoL) humanity, there's where I usually go.   why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:56:39 AM

I thought they were going to implement a "report abuse" functionality.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:54 AM

They took away IP bonuses? Why the fuck would you subject yourself to that now in addition to the filth of the player base you meet day-to-day in ranked?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:20 AM

Are replays tied to it now so you can actually see what happened?

"Me am play gods"
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:51 AM

They took away IP bonuses? Why the fuck would you subject yourself to that now in addition to the filth of the player base you meet day-to-day in ranked?

I'm not sure why there is a good reason to do it other than to dole out some vengeance.  And yes at the end of each map you can click on the report button. Or the this player is awesome button.

As for replays, no.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:35 PM

I generally get a kick out of http://summonerscode.com/

Miss Fortune [09:11]: noc plz
Miss Fortune [09:13]: gank bot
Kha’Zix [09:19]: noc?
LeBlanc [09:22]: Noc…?
Nocturne [09:25]: WHO’S THERE
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 03:13:00 PM

Miss Fortune [09:11]: noc plz
Miss Fortune [09:13]: gank bot
Kha’Zix [09:19]: noc?
LeBlanc [09:22]: Noc…?
Nocturne [09:25]: WHO’S THERE

Darius [00:44] Want to know Orianna’s counter?
Darius [00:49] Ochrisbrown

that got me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:49 AM

I have fulfilled my goal of sending out justice permabanning someone. 

What they need to institute is the ability to punish the reporter as well. There have been a few cases where I review the logs and am like... I am fine pardoning you, but this asshat that reported you needs to spend some time off.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 07:36:58 AM

2 permabans in 2 days. Whohoo.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:26 AM

How do you determine who is feeding without seeing the game?

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:01:40 AM

Chat (pretty much need their own admission).  Build. Other than that, you can't.

-Rasix
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:50:01 AM

Chat (pretty much need their own admission).  Build. Other than that, you can't.

Pretty much this.
If they are a dick in chat, I click punish. so far I am 90% accurate.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40:03 PM

So if you are going feed don't chat about it?

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:50 PM

It's probably for the best, and remember, sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet.

I try to discourage people for even reporting someone for feeding, 90% of the time they just had a bad game.

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 03:00:08 PM

You also get the final scores, so someone who goes 0/20/2 with nothing but boots of mobility or something while the rest of their team is around 1/5/5 is probably not taking things as seriously as the rest of their team.

Most of it is chat, though.  I've never hit punish because of score alone, if someone's deliberately feeding then they've just got to tell the world, so that everyone can know that even though I'm 0/30, it's not because I suck, oh no no, it's all because of that noob Akali taking blue, you see.  They have driven me to this, they suck so bad they can suck by proxy.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 05:36:31 PM

Yes. Being bad is not a punishable offense. I have had plenty of games where, if you looked at score and items alone you might consider me a feeder and then having the enemy team say in post game chat "he wasn't the problem". In fact had one recently as blitzcrank (2/13/7) which happened mainly because our ADC does not understand that attack speed sucks and you should get waste 1000 gold on boots 2 before getting your AD. Blitz/MF can't motherfucking burst cait/janna if MF doesn't have any AD.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:27 PM

Got a funny one today.

Reading through the chat logs between LCS games, some Xin Zhao got reported for verbal harrasment by his entire team, nothing weird.

Then I'm giving it a second read through and though the player names are hidden, I notice that right at the beginning, one of the enemy team members goes in allchat "Hey, Lyte, if I beat you in lane, do I automatically get reported to tribunal, lol" and notice a few times that other people are talking to Lyte.

If you're not sure who Lyte is, he's the dev who runs the Tribunal and other player behavior systems.

So this Xin was apparently playing with the Riot dev who's personally in charge of issuing bans and suspensions, and decides to start cussing him out and insulting his team all game.  why so serious?
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:02 AM

why so serious?

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

Got a funny one today.

Reading through the chat logs between LCS games, some Xin Zhao got reported for verbal harrasment by his entire team, nothing weird.

Then I'm giving it a second read through and though the player names are hidden, I notice that right at the beginning, one of the enemy team members goes in allchat "Hey, Lyte, if I beat you in lane, do I automatically get reported to tribunal, lol" and notice a few times that other people are talking to Lyte.

If you're not sure who Lyte is, he's the dev who runs the Tribunal and other player behavior systems.

So this Xin was apparently playing with the Riot dev who's personally in charge of issuing bans and suspensions, and decides to start cussing him out and insulting his team all game.  why so serious?

The best one is actually a screengrab by a person being toxic in champion select. Pendragon is/was the face of bans before Lyte became more public

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 11:44:37 PM

For some reason these cracked me up:

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33:18 AM

Oh man, this one is legitimately funny

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 04:12:48 AM

Oh man, this one is legitimately funny

You may enjoy "the Hungry Ashe Games" which is a video that SivHD made of a Veigar/Leblanc bottom lane
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 08:17:04 AM

The best one is actually a screengrab by a person being toxic in champion select. Pendragon is/was the face of bans before Lyte became more public

I've seen the same screenshot before but usually the description says it was Pendragon abusing power and banning someone that wanted to just play a random champion when Pendragon wanted them to pick and play try hard.   rolleyes

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 12:14:28 AM

Holy shit best site ever :

Exhibit 183

Talon [14:17]: you should see the remarks this fiora is making about my deceased mother
Fiora [14:29]: at least your mother stopped dying when she went 0/1
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 05:22:15 AM

Exhibit 132

Karthus [08:41]: Mine opponent, the knave, hath departed my lane hastily! Clutch tight to the warm embrace of the tower, lest you be caught by that most pernicious evil: the gank.
Leona [08:52]: wtf mid no mia?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 05:46:49 PM

Exhibit 172

Sejuani [1:02]: who top?
Sion [1:10]: ur mom on top
Sejuani [1:19]: wow she told me she was going support

Exhibit 173

Graves [56:53]: were down like thirty kills. only one chance, yi go bd while we defend
Master Yi [57:10]: Understood, my friend. Time to Yi. If I do not return, tell Rengar… I love him.
Rengar [57:24]: fuk u
Master Yi [57:29]: As ever, love is cruel. I am off!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: The Tribunal - weep for humanity  
Jump to: