Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Jyhad/Vampire The Eternal Struggle Cards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jyhad/Vampire The Eternal Struggle Cards  (Read 6570 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

on: January 09, 2013, 07:55:08 PM

I was just cleaning out boxed up stuff and in amongst all the old M:TG cards I found a box or so of Jyhad and Vampire cards.

Any idea if they are worth anything? I always wish I'd finished the Jyhad set before thet changed the back to read Vampire. It was actually a decent game from WotC as I recollect.

Also found: an old school Necro deck with Sinkholes added in, Outpost/Humility/Orims Prayer deck with Balance/ZOrb and a 5 colour Living death/Tradewind Rider deck plus a phasing/Nev's Disk red/blue deck - kind of dates when I stopped buying paper cards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:57:57 PM by Setanta »

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:35 PM

Errrr uhh, is this where I say donate your Magic Cards to the Schild is Unemployed but Playing Competitively Fund?
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:18:29 PM

Oh and no, Jyhad ain't worth shit.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

My friends and I still play Jyhad from time to time; we preferred Jyhad's multiplayer set up and political conniving to Magic back in the day.  If you want to find a good home for the cards, I'd be happy to take them.  If you find someone who'll actually throw a stack of cash at you for them, then by all means go with them, but like Schild mentioned it's highly unlikely.  Most modern Vampire players wouldn't use Jyhad cards, as they're comparatively underpowered.  The game underwent massive power creep around the time of the Sabbat expansion, so older cards will be trounced by a modern deck.  Rather the opposite of Magic where stuff got dialed down over the years.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Cheers guys, going to sort through it all and see what I have left. I know I sold off a ton of my Beta, UL, Arabian Nights and Antiquities cards and bought a car with the proceeds but I keep finding a box or two around the place. Too much 4th Ed crap and then some nice poor-man's power cards. Pretty sure I have some sets floating around somewhere too.

I didn't think the Jyhad cards would be worth anything other than to collectors and even then not the cost of the cards. I'll think about what to do with them.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Jyhad/Vampire The Eternal Struggle Cards  
Jump to: