Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Screw drugs, onion smuggling is where the real money is at. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screw drugs, onion smuggling is where the real money is at.  (Read 3226 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 23, 2005, 12:14:39 PM

Quote from: AFP
Bangladesh's border security force roots out onion-smugglers

Wed Feb 23,10:48 AM ET

DHAKA (AFP) - Members of Bangladesh's paramilitary border security force seized a truckload of smuggled Indian onions after an anonymous tip-off.

Officers from the Bangladesh Rifles found the onions in a truck near the border with India, the official BSS agency said Wednesday.

The onions, worth around 5,000 dollars, were discovered in southwestern Satkhira district which borders India's West Bengal state.

In impoverished Bangladesh onions are among the most sensitive food items.

Last year the country's elite crime-fighting unit the Rapid Action Battalion was called in to drive down the price of onions in markets after traders were accused of inflating prices. The traders staged a one-day strike in protest at the action.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 12:15:59 PM

The name on the location of that story (Dhaka) reminds me of the terrorists in Team America.

"Dhaka laka aka!"

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 12:17:50 PM

Oh, sorry.  I thought this was a thread about drugs to help me screw onions better.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 12:23:42 PM by Kenrick »
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 12:20:40 PM

The name on the location of that story (Dhaka) reminds me of the terrorists in Team America.

"Dhaka laka aka!"

Haven't seen the movie, but was Fozzy a terrorist or something?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 12:26:48 PM

Oh, sorry.  I thought this was a thread about drugs to help me screw onions better.

I have done drugs and I have eaten onions,though not at the same time that I can remember,  but I have NO idea what this means!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 12:39:31 PM

How can you have respect for your "elite crime-fighting unit" when you send them in to drive down the price of onions?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Screw drugs, onion smuggling is where the real money is at.  
Jump to: