Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Issue #5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue #5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn  (Read 12312 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: December 19, 2012, 05:57:30 AM

Issue #5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn is out.

Comic page under the spoiler tag..

Highlights and patch notes:

UPDATE “ISSUE# 5: THE VANISHING OF TYLER FREEBORN” - 19TH DECEMBER

NEW MISSIONS

A brand new mission line is now available: „The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn“. This is the first DLC mission.  All current players and all players who purchase the game in December 2012 will receive it for free.  To access the mission please open the Item Store and claim it from the Boosts / Account tab.
The Uncertainty Principle – the mission to the new Auxiliary weapon ‘Quantum Brace’ has now been activated. To get started in this mission, talk to Moose in Kingsmouth.
From Carthage to Cairo - Tanis in the Scorched Desert needs help in covering her tracks in her involvement of a certain shipment.
Obstructive Persons – help Alina Florea in The Shadowy Forest with her plans to leave Morninglight.

GENERAL

A new Shortcut Bar is now available, which provides access to inventory slots that can be linked to hotkeys.
The maximum number of Gear Manager slots has now been correctly set to 100.
Equipping the chainsaw will now play a sound.
Fixed an issue where purchased items haven't been delivered promptly.
If you log out or disconnect during the Ground Zero tutorial event, you will now be able to advance when you return to the game.
There is a new ‘smile’ emote available.
The chest category no longer shows empty when opening the Dressing Room GUI.
Albion Theatre: fixed some issues with sound from the stage being occluded on certain occasions.
There is now an animation shown from standing to sleeping when using the ‘sleep’ emote.

MISSIONS

Just a Flesh Wound – Tier 5: Dr. Aldini is again rewarding players with the Chainsaw.

ITEMS

The Time Accelerator item can no longer be deleted accidentially.
The Casting Toolkit can now create a mould from Shield of Barbarossa and Black Eagle.
Fixed a clipping issue with the Cosmonaut suit.
The ‘Suit Pants. Dark grey’ no longer appear white with blood splatters in the preview.
Fixed a clipping issue with the head piece of the Mercenary Multislot Deck outfit.

PVP

Fixed an issue that prevented the PvP role buffs from not showing their stats anymore.
Slightly increased the effects of the Integrated Anima Conduits uniform buff.
You can now queue for the PvP minigames while in Fusang.
Fusang
Getting killed by Fusang NPCs no longer causes durability loss on equipment.
Fixed an issue where the Custodian would walk in the wrong direction before turning around and proceeding in the correct direction.

WORLD DESIGN

You should no longer get stuck in the Red Hand Observatory area of The Besieged Farmlands.
You should no longer get stuck at the bottom of the Breach area in The Carpathian Fangs.
Fixed an issue with a floating propane bottle in The Carpathian Fangs.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:59:48 AM by Falconeer »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:16:29 AM

The guy on the left went Gangnam Style at the end of the video.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

The vanishing of tyler freeborn quest is fucking incredible.  I haven't been that freaked out in a videogame since the hotel level of vampire: the masquerade.

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 05:57:21 PM

What rank does it require, roughly, and where does it start?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 06:15:03 PM

It started from a map i got in the mail, I couldn't tell you what rank you need as i probably over geared it by quite a bit.  The rewards were signet bags though so i would imagine around QL 10.  Some of the fighting required was slightly tricky, but i powered through as a pure dps with zero healing or tanking, but i am wearing ql10 purples.

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:53 PM

I ran the Quantum Brace missions. Kinda brutal for a pure DPS, but I recruited a friend and got through it. It requires QL 10 Quantum skills, if you're illuminati, the mission debrief alone is worth the fights.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:18 AM

The Illuminati "fun facts" at the end of every debriefing are always good for a laugh.

I am the .00000001428%
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 09:46:17 AM

The Illuminati definitely seem to be the funnest of the 3 groups. Unfortunately I dunno if I could really put up with slogging through all the quests again after seeing all of the content.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:24 PM

Oh, and could they have made Tyler look any more like Steve Jobs?

Edited to add, I really took a close look at the quantum brace today. It's totally an Edgar device. Power strip, chicken wire, a can of PBR and all. Gen-i-yus.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:46:13 PM by Surlyboi »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:17 AM

I'm afraid this could cost me my lifetime nerd card, but since no one else is asking, I'll step up: what's an Edgar Device?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:45 AM

Edgar is the crazy redneck at the scrapyard.

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:15 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Fuck yes. Thank you.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 07:27:53 PM

Still going strong, Tyler Freeborn is amazing and I still enjoy this game...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Issue #5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn  
Jump to: