Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ben Affleck to play Superman. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ben Affleck to play Superman.  (Read 2678 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 23, 2005, 11:39:50 AM

Quote from: SuperHeroHype
Ben Affleck and Diane Lane Seek Truth
Source: Variety
February 22, 2005

Ben Affleck will play George Reeves, the doomed 50s' star of TV's Superman, in "Truth, Justice and the American Way," reports Variety. Diane Lane will portray Toni Mannix, a studio executive's wife who may or may not have been romantically involved with the actor. The film co-stars Adrien Brody as a detective investigating the actor's death.

The Focus Features project starts shooting this summer, with Allen Coulter directing. The film was written by Paul Bernbaum, with a final draft by Howard Korder.

Bernbaum's script details the investigation into Reeves' mysterious 1959 death in Hollywood, as well as the actor's complex relationship with the iconic role that propelled him to stardom.

Script also centers on Reeves' complex relationship with the iconic role that propelled him to stardom.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 11:57:42 AM

See, I saw that headline on Cinescape, and saw red for a second. I'm not an Affleck hater; I actually like him. But him as the Man of Steel? FUCK NO!

Thankfully, it's only the man of tinsel, so I'm ok with it.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:58:32 AM

I truly believe that Shockeye posts news like this from Hollywood JUST to hurt me.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:58:43 AM

See, I saw that headline on Cinescape, and saw red for a second. I'm not an Affleck hater; I actually like him. But him as the Man of Steel? FUCK NO!

Thankfully, it's only the man of tinsel, so I'm ok with it.

Doesn't matter, he'll still be wearing the cape.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 11:59:17 AM

I truly believe that Shockeye posts news like this from Hollywood JUST to hurt me.

I don't TRY to hurt you. Hurting you is just an added bonus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ben Affleck to play Superman.  
Jump to: