Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:56:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pacific Rim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pacific Rim  (Read 181234 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: June 29, 2014, 02:39:35 PM

http://www.superherohype.com/news/306421-pacific-rim-2-set-for-april-7-2017#/slide/1

Previously teased earlier this month when director Guillermo del Toro revealed that he was writing a script for the film with Zak Penn, Legendary Pictures and Universal Studios have revealed that Pacific Rim 2 will debut in 3D and IMAX 3D  theaters on April 7, 2017.

"The characters I love will return," del Toro told BuzzFeed in a statement. "Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast."

In addition, del Toro and Legendary debuted a video in which he announced not only the forthcoming sequel but an animated series and a continuation of the Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero prequel graphic novel.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: June 30, 2014, 09:29:02 AM

http://www.superherohype.com/news/306421-pacific-rim-2-set-for-april-7-2017#/slide/1

Previously teased earlier this month when director Guillermo del Toro revealed that he was writing a script for the film with Zak Penn, Legendary Pictures and Universal Studios have revealed that Pacific Rim 2 will debut in 3D and IMAX 3D  theaters on April 7, 2017.

"The characters I love will return," del Toro told BuzzFeed in a statement. "Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast."

In addition, del Toro and Legendary debuted a video in which he announced not only the forthcoming sequel but an animated series and a continuation of the Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero prequel graphic novel.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I quite enjoyed that movie when I watched it on Cable a couple of weeks ago. That said, I don't remember a single character name from the movie.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #842 on: June 30, 2014, 09:45:40 AM

The characters were secondary, anyway. You were only supposed to enjoy monsters & robots duking it out.  Which is why doing all the fights in rain and darkness was the worst part of the movie.

But we had that whole discussion pages and pages ago.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #843 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:40 PM

I think part of that was that theaters keep their bulbs too low and/or 3d darkens it. I watched it on TV the other day and it was much less murky in those scenes and I don't exactly have my tv on a high brightness setting.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: July 03, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

I think part of that was that theaters keep their bulbs too low and/or 3d darkens it. I watched it on TV the other day and it was much less murky in those scenes and I don't exactly have my tv on a high brightness setting.
Yeah, standard digital projection still has a ways to go to catch up with celluloid film projection in many regards.  Image brightness with 3d projection being a major one, since most 3d systems have to deal with both the 3D Filter and the Glases acting to reduce the precieved brightness of the image.  You really have to crank the bulb brightness up on a Digital 3D movie to make them look the same way a normal movie would.   That's why I try to watch most of my major 3D movies in IMAX, since IMAX Digital 3D uses dual projectors for Image projection, as well as using a more powerful bulb in general.  But then, IMAX 3D does have its own idiosyncrasies to deal with.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: July 03, 2014, 10:56:47 AM

I have a very nice 55 incher from Samsung (2014 top of the line) and it still looked too dark and murky to me when I flicked by to watch a couple battle scenes on HBO.  Regardless, I'm not going to be too excited unless they spend a bit more energy developing characters that I want to follow... if I want to see robots fight hideous monsters, I'll just go visit my WASP of a mom and beast of a dad.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pacific Rim  
Jump to: