Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:09:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Iron Man 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iron Man 3  (Read 47689 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #210 on: May 28, 2013, 08:43:09 AM

Well yeah.  But we've all said that.  At Length.

The argument comes when people who don't mind that say 'So Fucking What?'

Which is where I like to bow out.

See: FF6 thread.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: May 30, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:05 PM

So much win!  Heart

'Oh my gosh this is totally the incredibles'

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:59 AM

Concept images for the title sequence

From the company that did the credits. Some interesting ideas there, better than what they ended up with I think.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: August 29, 2013, 11:39:05 AM

I just thumbed through this thread...I'm guessing that it is a bit clearer now how IM3 sets up Phase II (Ultron).  I find it interesting that we've been told that the real setup for Avengers II is in Cap II.  I'm betting that will be where Fury gets kicked out of SHIELD.

While I enjoyed this flick, I had the same problem most of you did, but have explained away most of it to allow me to be satisfied with the movie.  Denial for pleasure sake.  The fragile armor makes sense if you remember that all of those suits were prototypes that he pumped out in rapid succession to test things out.  They may not have been intended to be used in a real fight, but merely been made for him to test out ideas.  Why make them with expensive durable materials if you're just testing out stealth mode?  Also, having the armor pieces travel 850 miles in a couple minutes roughly matches the maximum rocket speed we've achieved - 25,000 MPH (850 miles in ~ 2 minutes).  Having him match that speed with armor bits is about as unrealistic as the rest of his tech, such as the ability to absorb impacts that should turn his brain to mush.

Btw: I'm betting the next time we see Stark will not be Avengers II.  I'm betting he makes an appearance in SHIELD - and would not be surprised to see him appear in the post credits scene in Cap II.  I think they'll give us snippets of each of the movie characters on the TV show before Avengers II hits.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: August 29, 2013, 11:55:13 AM

Concept images for the title sequence

From the company that did the credits. Some interesting ideas there, better than what they ended up with I think.

Um ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: August 30, 2013, 11:20:52 AM

I guess the interwebs ate the pictures up some time in the past 10 weeks.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:47 AM

Ooops.  Damn this Late Scottish Internet.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Iron Man 3  
Jump to: