Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:55:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Band of Brothers III: Aces High 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Band of Brothers III: Aces High  (Read 1778 times)
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:51 PM

Apparently we'll be getting another WWII mini within in the next decade.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/10/19/band-of-brothers-3-aces-high/

HBO has found considerable success - artistically and financially - in WWII. Band of Brothers and The Pacific are beloved, excellent miniseries bringing a new eye to fighting men of the 40s. And the network may not be done with the war just yet - they're looking into a third miniseries.

Technically The Pacific isn't Band of Brothers 2 except that it totally is, so whatever this new series is called, we're all going to consider it the finale of the Band of Brothers trilogy. And it'll be taking on a new theater of battle: the air war. While WWI was where air combat really got started, WWII saw aerial battle being a decisive factor. From the Blitz to kamikazes to the dropping of the A-bombs, planes were instrumental in the fighting of the war. And a miniseries that brings the Enola Gay right to Japan's airspace would be the perfect way to wrap up the longform examination of WWII.

There is no date on this yet, but I can't imagine we wait too long. We'll probably see casting and shooting within the next two years. I guess it's unlikely that it would be able to air on the 70th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, but I imagine that thought has crossed the minds of producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

beer geek.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:15 PM

I'm onboard.  A mini-series about a bunch of RAF pilots during the BoB (done well) would be great.

In the meantime enjoy some superb RAF pilot acting.. why so serious?.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:05:32 PM

Wow, I'll so watch this. My father flew with the 8th as a ball turret gunner on a 17. 32 bombing missions + 1 chowhound dropping food to Rotterdam. I've been hoping they'd do this.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:17:55 PM

If it's anything like Baa Baa Blacksheep, I'm all over it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:07:16 AM

Indeed. Loved that show as a youngling.

From what I've read they are focusing on air power in the Pacific theater which will be cool. I hope they highlight Doolittle's raid in all its bugfuck craziness.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:13 AM

I hope they show how fucked it was in a bomber in Europe. Sounds cool, regardless.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 07:49:07 AM

I'm in.  100% in.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Band of Brothers III: Aces High  
Jump to: