Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Gotta Catch Em All! (Battle Pets!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gotta Catch Em All! (Battle Pets!)  (Read 36830 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 09:08:35 PM

I didn't own a hand held.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:34 PM

I own one and I've still never played it. Although I got pretty good with Jigglypuff in Smash Brothers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:59 AM

Never owned a handheld.  I basically did the Pokemon thing back in SWG though, and I tried in WoW with the original pet system.  I'm sure I'd love this if I had any desire to return.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 08:06:44 AM

Having children might have influenced me in playing it. No, I'm sure it did.

I do think it's one of the more brilliant game worlds.

With all the marketing tie ins, I wonder how much the entire franchise is worth?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:39 AM

I don't think I've played Pokemon since I had my Gameboy color. I think I still have the original pokemon blue cart sitting around somewhere.  

My nephew is a competitive player and has gone to nationals for the past 2 years.  awesome, for real  I've tried to get them to give/sell me one of their old DSs, but there's always an excuse about backward compatibility with games they no longer play.  Never mind that I've given them roughly $1000 + worth of games and systems over the years.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:33 AM

Well, thanks, I think I will, since I just got a "return to Azeroth for 7 days free" thing in my email box.

What is with all you people who never played Pokemon? How can this be? It's one of the best alt-universes in the game world, even if it is for kids.

Well it isn't an old school pixel hunting eaten by a grue DOS game, of course they haven't played it  why so serious?

I still have my original Red cart for my gameboy... pocket? It was still a BnW gameboy, but it was smaller and had the better screen.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:43 PM

Yea, that sounds like the Pocket.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:09 AM

So, I picked up the expansion on the sale weekend. Tried to play my lvl 80 DK for about 10 minutes and remembered exactly why I cancelled last time. But I spent my $25 for the month and am determined to get something out of it and decided to try the Pet Battle thing. Surprisingly fun. Did my first PvP pet battles today. Went 50% with my lvl 9 snake, lvl 8 Onyxia Whelpling and lvl 6 skunk, all blue. That was fun. I had a question though, if I bring a green team, am I going to get matched up against blue teams? Or is that taken into account with the matching?
dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 01:45:03 PM

I had a question though, if I bring a green team, am I going to get matched up against blue teams? Or is that taken into account with the matching?

You will, as far as I know it just takes your average team level when it decides who to match you against in the queue.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 03:01:28 PM

Well that's annoying. Is there any point in leveling anything other than blue pets?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 03:04:17 PM

No.  Was there ever ?

This is why battle stones exist, after all.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 05:03:51 PM

Yep, it's blue or GTFO.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 07:10:11 AM

No.  Was there ever ?

I got a battle stone but I don't know what to use it on. Are there pets that one can only capture as common quality?
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 07:35:05 AM

No.  Was there ever ?

I got a battle stone but I don't know what to use it on. Are there pets that one can only capture as common quality?

No. But, there are pets (e.g. Minfernal) that are so difficult to get into a battle with, that it might make sense to save a stone for them.
Pets that you got as a quest reward, or from the store, are whatever quality they are. So if they're not rare (and many aren't), they are also likely targets for stones.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 07:35:40 AM

Well, to be honest, there are lists and lists and lists out there of what pets to optimise and all that shit.

What I did was use my stones on my really cool pets that I could not be FUCKED finding the rares for.  Like the wee flamey stone guy that hangs around the slime pits north of Ashenvale.

But it's really up to you....

EDIT :  lol.  Yes, the Minfernal was the one I was talking about.  And the first one that I blue stoned.  Those fuckers are so rare to spawn that you just grab the first fucking one you can.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:44:04 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Gotta Catch Em All! (Battle Pets!)  
Jump to: