Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cypher - Not sure if I'm that old school. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cypher - Not sure if I'm that old school.  (Read 992 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: September 25, 2012, 06:52:50 AM

So I've seen this a couple other places and I've been contemplating buying it since I'm a sad sad man who likes adventure titles.

http://www.cabrerabrothers.com/

Basically; text-based cyberpunk adventure game festooned with pretty good art, soundtrack, and depending on the version you buy various "feelies" that are either for flavor or for actual use in-game (like directions on how to interact with cyberspace, maps, etc).

Looks neat, but upon watching some gameplay footage and reading reviews it seems like the parser is kinda mediocre and the writing really needed a proofreader. $15 for the base version seems like a bit much, but I kinda dig the art.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:54:50 AM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:02:49 AM

Apparently the writing errors are pretty horrible.

http://i45.tinypic.com/k142ef.jpg
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

I buy text-based games because they have some good static art with them also.

Just buy a hentai dating game and slap VR goggles on everything and it'll probably be just as good as Cypher.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 03:46:59 PM

Watching an LP of the game. Wowzers, they didn't even run this shit through word's spellchecker and the writing is really bad. Too bad, it's kind of a neat idea.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cypher - Not sure if I'm that old school.  
Jump to: