Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: I hit level 80... Now what? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hit level 80... Now what?  (Read 76876 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: October 06, 2012, 04:12:47 PM

Well i tried 3 70 exotics and a stone twice and i got a 76 exotic and a 78 exotic, which was a hefty loss both times.

Ouch you had some real bad luck. I get that like 10 percent of the time.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: October 06, 2012, 10:00:11 PM

I went power/toughness/vitality on my armor and power/precision/condition damage on my jewellery for my thief (and I wvw alot). The glasscannon type thief might do well in 1vs1 situations but when the number of participants goes up the glasscannon gets mowed down too quickly by all the aoe etc. flying around (most armor is off the 42k karma vendors in Cursed Shore and the jewellery is the "coral type" from jewel crafting).
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: October 07, 2012, 06:18:02 AM

I wanted something like that, but Necros (and to some extent mesmers) get royally screwed on armor.  There's no armor with condition damage and toughness they only have Power + toughness or CD + Vit.  I don't want more vit, I'm a god damn necro with as much life as a guardian, I need toughness.  I find it to be complete bullshit.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: October 07, 2012, 06:51:09 AM

Actually, you are a necro with as much life as a warrior.  The guardian has as much life as an elementalist... which I think is fucking stupid.  I think you probably know this, and just typed guardian when you meant warrior, I was just happy someone gave me an opportunity to say that the guardian thing is dumb.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: October 07, 2012, 07:05:50 AM

Yeah mind fart, that's what I meant.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: October 07, 2012, 08:25:20 AM

I went power/toughness/vitality on my armor and power/precision/condition damage on my jewellery for my thief (and I wvw alot). The glasscannon type thief might do well in 1vs1 situations but when the number of participants goes up the glasscannon gets mowed down too quickly by all the aoe etc. flying around (most armor is off the 42k karma vendors in Cursed Shore and the jewellery is the "coral type" from jewel crafting).

Actually i found the exact opposite to be true, the more people around the less your survivability stats matter.  Not only that but running around with 11k hps teaches me to play a lot better.  Plus i like that my cluster bomb hits for 5k.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04:14 AM

I wanted something like that, but Necros (and to some extent mesmers) get royally screwed on armor.  There's no armor with condition damage and toughness they only have Power + toughness or CD + Vit.  I don't want more vit, I'm a god damn necro with as much life as a guardian, I need toughness.  I find it to be complete bullshit.

I'm pretty sure the armor sets have the same stats between classes, and those are very limited.

I am the .00000001428%
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:23 PM

I'm pretty sure the armor sets have the same stats between classes, and those are very limited.

I know armor stats aren't class specific.  My point is most classes don't rely on conditions as their main focus of damage and thus can get armor with Power + Toughness + Vitality and get damage enhancements with survivability enhancements.  However, Necros get screwed in this regard because if they go for condition damage they can ONLY get vitality, which isn't what we need (we have enough health), so in order to get toughness we have to take a hit on condition damage.

*edit* Well nevermind, it appears that the Kharma vendor at the temple of balthazaar actually has CD + toughness gear.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:14:06 PM by KallDrexx »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: October 07, 2012, 03:31:56 PM

Actually every class i played had a condition build, with thieves and engineers it was pretty much the best build in a lot of situations.

I am the .00000001428%
OandA
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:12 PM

Actually every class i played had a condition build, with thieves and engineers it was pretty much the best build in a lot of situations.
Tell me more about those thieve builds. I might be able to farm decently now,  since they apparently relaxed their anti-exploiting system (as per todays patch notes)

<--- Helm@work
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:08 AM

Someone feel free to correct me, but while I found condition builds great for PvE, they were terrible for pvp.  This is one of the problems that I had with my necro in pvp.  The complete lack of burst damage made it tough to kill anyone that new their class and was in a coordinated team. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:16 AM

I seem to do fine on my condition necro in PvP.  Scepter/Dagger with Plauge Signet and corrupt boon and feast of corruption.  Essentially as long as I can keep from getting bursted down (through good dodging and good use of the death shroud, crippile) I can win the fight by constantly passing my conditions to my enemy and keeping him overloaded.  I don't win every 1v1 but I win a good bit of them.  I also keep Epidemic around for group battles and focus on setting one guy up with conditions and spreading them around.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: October 08, 2012, 06:53:02 AM

Tell me more about those thieve builds. I might be able to farm decently now,  since they apparently relaxed their anti-exploiting system (as per todays patch notes)

This is the standard "poison share" build.  It is devastating in group pvp, and great solo if you replace one of the poisons for ambush trap.  Using the elite is a win against any class.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:55:35 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: October 08, 2012, 07:13:40 PM

There is most definitely armor with condition damage and toughness.

Arah's - I'm wearing most of it (other than the head, it looks really dumb.)

http://www.gw2db.com/items/69000-corrupted-orrian-vestments

http://www.gw2armor.com/asura/male/arah/light/display.php
(right hand set)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: October 08, 2012, 07:35:11 PM

But the precision is probably a waste.  Ideally you'd want toughness vit and condition damage.

I am the .00000001428%
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: October 08, 2012, 09:16:14 PM

Hrmmm

I'll have to look out for those, though my luck with exotics is nil.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #331 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:29 PM

Arah set is the final dungeon set, AFAIK. Not something you can buy/get from drops.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:28 AM

Arah set is the final dungeon set, AFAIK. Not something you can buy/get from drops.

I was able to do path 2 with pick up groups a few weeks ago. It took a little education and some trial and error, but it wasn't too bad. I'm sure it's better now.

The precision isn't really a waste on my necro - I'm looking at about 1700 condition damage so additional crit damage up front isn't bad. Power doesn't affect condition damage, either.

Right now I've got toughness/precision/condition damage on my armor and I have power/vitality/condition damage on my jewelry.

I'm also trying to run twilight arbor once a day for the tokens and plan on getting 4 pieces of that set for the nightmare rune bonuses and the look.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: I hit level 80... Now what?  
Jump to: