Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Free Trial is now 3 days 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Trial is now 3 days  (Read 17890 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:51 PM

Making a new thread for this to bring some more interest.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/sign_up_now_for_our_free_three_day_trial

Supposedly if you run 3 0missions they'll give you an extra few days (on top of the 3 day trial) and a buncha bonus points to spend in the shop (enough to buy a pet and some clothes I believe).  That probably equates to near finishing KM and getting into SC.

If you have trouble getting into any of the Bat Country Cabals send me a PM.  If you're Ilum I can get you into a fairly active Cabal.  Regardless, you should join the #f13 channel.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:10:42 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:04:45 PM

Good incentive. Got to find a clear few days to try it again.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:40:25 AM

Boy I'm having trouble with lag this weekend.  Not sure if it is just me or related to the free trial.  Basically unplayable for me right now.  Lag in a game with combat relying on timing as much as this one is deadly.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:13 AM

I've not once had any problems with lag in the game and if there is, typically it'd drop out and automatically transfer me to another server.  Most times it was my own connection.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:58:21 PM

Just grabbed a four day trial for this at Pax and I'm quite enamored. So the chat channel is cross server?

Still unclear as to whether or not I'm required to buy the base game after the trial ends?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:12:43 PM

Just grabbed a four day trial for this at Pax and I'm quite enamored. So the chat channel is cross server?

Still unclear as to whether or not I'm required to buy the base game after the trial ends?

Yes, it's cross server. So are the cabals, so you are free to pick the appropriate F13 one: Bees, Bats, Butterflies.

Not quite sure, but I think you have to buy the game, yes

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:30 AM

They do allow server transfers btw, but they cost about $20 in FC points.  I plan on doing that once I finish the storyline and dip into PvP.  My current server is pretty much dead PvP-wise, so in order to grab the buffs (specifically in Fusang) you really need numbers.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:05:36 AM

Do I have to worry about friends being a different level than I am in terms of being able to play together?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 11:34:56 AM

The only thing is it would be tough for the lower "level' to be where the higher one is. Though a higher player being where a lower one is really isn't a problem. This is due to a lack of traditional levels, as the mock-levels are based on your gear (gear can only be as high as your skill investment into that gear type will allow).

The result will be someone who's QL10 going to group with someone who's QL4 is fine (and the QL10 is rewarded the same AP/SP as a QL4 I believe) but the content is MUCH easier as a result. I know I spent quite a bit of time helping people of lower QL (and still will if someone needs a hand, it has pretty much been the way most f13 TSW players have been) and all it did was allow them to see content without requiring pugs and made it much easier for them.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 11:55:42 AM

Same as Seg, when on I am always willing to help in a zone or get a group going for any instance you need.

Especially for such a famous Internet celebrity as Mr. Bloodworth.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:15:35 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 01:23:59 PM

Well I dunno when u guys log but for the past few weeks it's been just me and 'Resilire' online during primetime.  Do you play on your lunch hours or something?  Ohhhhh, I see.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:10 PM

I haven't been playing much because Saints Row 3 has been eating up my non-LOL gaming time.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 03:35:18 PM

If I'm playing on a given night it would be US prime time generally. Though I am splitting time with this and GW2
John Difool
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 08:06:30 PM

Well I dunno when u guys log but for the past few weeks it's been just me and 'Resilire' online during primetime.  Do you play on your lunch hours or something?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Well you may find yourself going it alone soon. I enjoy soloing but when grouping (for either Hard rated missions or the vanilla dungeons) isn't feasible because there's almost NO ONE in the zone...well that gets old fairly quickly. I had Ankh for almost a week before i was able to do it, can't find a group for regular HF, am currently stuck on a Hard mission in the first Translyvania zone etc. etc. etc. I love the game and the world they've created but unless there's an influx of players soon I probably won't resub. Damn shame too as this has been one of the better gaming experiences I've had in the past few years

"I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." -John Cleese in Clockwise
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30:11 PM

Well you may find yourself going it alone soon. I enjoy soloing but when grouping (for either Hard rated missions or the vanilla dungeons) isn't feasible because there's almost NO ONE in the zone...well that gets old fairly quickly. I had Ankh for almost a week before i was able to do it, can't find a group for regular HF, am currently stuck on a Hard mission in the first Translyvania zone etc. etc. etc. I love the game and the world they've created but unless there's an influx of players soon I probably won't resub. Damn shame too as this has been one of the better gaming experiences I've had in the past few years

On a break now but will be back in a month or so. I'm only just in Egypt so I wouldn't be much use though
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 10:03:56 PM

GW2 has taken more of my evenings then expected but I still play every third day or so for the signet missions and sometimes check in on the late nights (EU/CET) to see if there's any interest in running the Nightmare dungeons.
Or Elites for that matter, I'm not too picky.  why so serious?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 07:35:03 AM

I'm splitting time between this and GW2, and now that football is back that also takes up some time. When I'm on though it's US primetime.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:37 AM

I've been whoring my friend's list like crazy lately, every time I see another person.  This bore fruit in Egypt - ran HF twice, Ankh, etc.  Even ran some elites.  The game is at that stage right now unfortunately.  My next step is getting invite-ability in my cabal and then perhaps merging the cabal with some others (Pandion Knights is on my radar but they're EU).  Consolidation is necessary.

But yah, I dont see how we're gonna be able to run elites and NM at this point.  Just not enough players unless you've got a hardcore group to play with. 

I'm in Trans now so I can help you out there.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 03:31:58 PM

Yeah, between gw2 and a full on vacation, I've been awol.  I'll be around if people need me for dungeons (most of you guys have ways of reaching me, or via pms here), and I'll probably be back when the update finally goes live.
jlwilli5
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:55 PM

Downloading the trial now; free to play and consoles have stopped my interest in any 'premium' MMO games - I have had a sick fascination with Funcom since AO pre-beta/release in a Stockholm Syndrome love groupy kind of way.

Target Erukul 

EvE:
      Lukure
      Karsys
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:14 PM

Still playing most nights, but on different chars than my first.  Ran into a solo PvE wall with blood and also wanted to see what the Dragon side looked like. 

Still have not done anything with groups in PvE.  PvP somtimes to break things up.

GW2 looks interesting, but I can't split my time and I'm fine with TSW for probably another month.  Once I leave, I won't be back unless they go F2P, which I do predict in their near future.
jlwilli5
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 05:12:39 AM

On last day of 3 day trial, liking it. For some reason I am reminded of my first few days in a Dereth, after getting over the 'holy crap I am so lost', I am enjoying it.  I am enjoying playing a game that makes me have to think again.
I wouldn't go so far to compare it to EvE level cerebral. It's more Philip K Dick to EvE's Frank Herbert.  Going to grab this one, give em another month.

Target Erukul 

EvE:
      Lukure
      Karsys
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Free Trial is now 3 days  
Jump to: