Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: How to add your game key to your preorder account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to add your game key to your preorder account  (Read 4138 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: August 28, 2012, 11:15:41 PM

For some fucking reason you can't do it through the My Account interface.

http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9054

Edit: there's also no fucking confirmation on your Account page which edition of the game you have registered.

Edit 2: Email confirmation is still not working. There's progress, though, the error message is no longer a cryptic server-side error.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:25:34 PM by Trippy »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:43:57 AM

Same for me, on all counts. I hope this pair of clownshoes doesn't snowball into anything annoying.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:17 AM

My e-mail confirmation worked if I pasted it into the URL.  It would not work as a click-through.  (This was launch night though, so who knows what's changed since then.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:47:36 AM

Believe me, their CS doesn't know dick about how the system works, so good luck if you need help.

I applied my CE serial code to my account on last week 2 days before soft launch. I was told it wasn't good for soft launch, and that there was no way to apply another code. I then acquired a pre-release code on Friday. Launched the game, entered my code, was asked if I wanted to link accounts, and bang- in the soft launch with all my CE goodies.

TL/DR- front line CS doesn't know dick.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:52:38 AM

Welp, here we go. I'm locked out of my account because there is no way to apply the serial.

edit: hahahaha, after the "account inactive, please go apply your serial" prompt, I just hit play again  and the game started no problems.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 11:00:15 AM

edit: Turns out my serial doesn't work at the registering site unless you remove the dashes. Finally I can play.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:59:03 AM by jakonovski »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: How to add your game key to your preorder account  
Jump to: