Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Looking for Playtesters: Browser based intrigue/territory control game prototype 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Playtesters: Browser based intrigue/territory control game prototype  (Read 6060 times)
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

on: August 23, 2012, 02:11:24 PM

I've been working on a browser game for the last few months as a side-project, and I'm looking for a few playtesters that are interested in providing feedback on game mechanics, playability, and related concepts.

The game is a google maps based territorial control concept in a semi-medieval setting, with a primary focus on politics, intrigue, and information management. Players collect rumors about the world around them through the populations of their territories, hirelings, and spymasters, and can use hirelings and troops to perform missions against other players.

The game is very much prototype, since we're still in the prototype stage, but if you'd like to be a part of the development through playtesting, feedback, and brainstorming, drop me a PM with contact information.

Rumors of War
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:52:51 AM

I'm also looking for a 2-D artist that might be interested in some sprite based artwork, if anyone knows of someone willing to work for cheap (protoype level art is great, not looking for AAA/production quality yet).

Rumors of War
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:42:15 PM

Still have room for some more testers! We just did a player wipe, so everyone is starting fresh.

If you'd like to learn more about the game, you can check out our out of game help page: Rumors of War Help.

If you do get interested, we'd love to have feedback in our forums. Game play is centered around the Philadelphia, PA area--mostly to the northwest.

Rumors of War
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Figured I'd stop by and give an update:
We've gotten quite a bit in place over the last three months:
  • Estate claims: titles granted based on the amount of culture you have in a (real world) geopolitical area, from your local neighborhood up to the country level
  • Territory Sieges: full battle mechanics now in place
  • Tablet/phone support (if your device is large enough--small phones really won't cut it
  • Play on facebook
  • Integrated tutorials/walkthrough covering all major aspects of the game
  • More streamlined context based UI (still mostly text based--prototype after all!)

You can take a quick peek at the political map here:
Rumors of War Political Map

Rumors of War
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Looking for Playtesters: Browser based intrigue/territory control game prototype  
Jump to: