Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Seven Psychopaths 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seven Psychopaths 2012  (Read 7334 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: August 14, 2012, 11:58:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuNfq5vN-w

I'm in. Oct 2012

edit: bonus for Tom Waits + Walken

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:01:34 PM

Me gusta.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:04:36 PM

Love the cast, I've been waiting for McDonagh's follow-up to In Bruges.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:24:13 PM

Yep, I'm in.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 12:28:48 PM

This is most certainly a thing.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:53 PM

Awesome!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:11 PM

My gawd it's full O Stars!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 01:32:56 PM

I want to get stoned with most of the people in the cast.   awesome, for real

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:57 PM

Needs more malkovich.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:43:09 AM

Sold. No UK release until a month after US though.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 05:24:07 AM

Sold. No UK release until a month after US though.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Learn to love the NBC tape delay.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:05 AM

The release dates for movies have always been offset. This is not an NBC effect.

I mean, hell, from what I recall UK releases are on Mondays, while US releases are generallly on Fridays, but often Wednesdays during the summer and holiday weekends, blah blah blah.

beer geek.
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 11:44:29 AM

The release dates for movies have always been offset. This is not an NBC effect.

I mean, hell, from what I recall UK releases are on Mondays, while US releases are generallly on Fridays, but often Wednesdays during the summer and holiday weekends, blah blah blah.

I blame the metric system.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 12:44:33 PM

Fridays for theatre releases, mondays for home formats. And a lot of films do get released simultaneously across territories these days. Unless it's been distributed by Momentum in the UK.

Which this is.

Fuckers.

Anyway, just because it happens constantly with independent films - even some British independent films (like The Kings Speech, a British film, starring Brits, directed by a Brit, shot in Britain and funded by the UK Film Council but distributed by the twats at Momentum 6 weeks after the initial US release) - doesn't mean I have to be any less disappointed about it when it happens.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 02:51:05 PM

Avengers opened up in the UK before the US, as a prime example of wonky timing. (The "world premier" was on the 11th however.) Anyway, it's stupid, agreed... just saying it's not new and NBC ain't the one that started it. It's been burning since.... err...

But hey, you fuckers got Attack the Block for a good longtime before it made it over here. THIS IS ONLY FAIR.

beer geek.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 05:29:46 PM

I guess I should have used more green. Heh

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:01:49 AM

Love the cast, I've been waiting for McDonagh's follow-up to In Bruges.

You should see some of his plays. Fantastic.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:01 AM

Totally reminded that I still have not seen In Bruges. When it came out originally, I kind of just ignored it, and a friend didn't like it. Though, I'm not sure why I followed his recommendation. His tastes are terrible.

beer geek.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:20 AM

Well, if you do decide to watch In Bruges you'll have to prepare to finally ostracize that friend.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:02 AM

Totally reminded that I still have not seen In Bruges. When it came out originally, I kind of just ignored it, and a friend didn't like it. Though, I'm not sure why I followed his recommendation. His tastes are terrible.

That last sentence was entirely superfluous after the end of the second sentence.

I have never played WoW.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:38 AM

That last sentence was entirely superfluous after the end of the second sentence.

Hey, sometimes it takes some superfluousness when you make revelations about yourself, OKAY.

beer geek.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 08:26:23 PM

Sort of wierd, but some youtube movie show host uses his interview time on the press junket to have some of the cast read a transcript of a Honey Boo Boo episode. If you've ever wondered what Honey Boo Boo's mom would sound like if she were Christopher Walken go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIsz3fU9xQ

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:42 AM

That's pretty damn awesome of that guy.   Every bit I've ever heard from an actor is that press junkets are hell.  An endless loop of the same questions from different faces.  They had to be thrilled to have something different to do than the 200th question about how it was to work with X or the like.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:30 AM

I saw that earlier in the week and thought about posting it, but holy hell that interviewer annoyed me into oblivion to the point where I put that clip out of my mind.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 09:54:26 PM

I want to see this just to figure out what is up with the bit in the trailer where the guy has a gun on Walken and Walken refuses to put his hands up or whatever.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:32 AM

I want to see this just to figure out what is up with the bit in the trailer where the guy has a gun on Walken and Walken refuses to put his hands up or whatever.

I'd imagine it's just what it looks like. I do stuff like that, though not to guns. Once you figure out that the only authority people have over you is what you give them. When confronted with indifference to whatever "force" they can use against you, very few people are actually willing or able to do what they were threatening you with. My oldest kid figured that out with time-outs which is why we moved up to spankings.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 12:38:23 PM

Saw this over the weekend.

Not the greatest flick ever, but definitely entertaining and Walken shines, as well as the lead "psychopath" (forget his name, but he was good). Lots of laughs in the packed theater.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 05:39:35 PM

I liked this quite a bit.  I though In Bruges was meh, but if you can get into what this flick is trying to do its very enjoyable.

Be warned though, the previews didn't truly convey how incredibly violent/bloody this thing is.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:27 PM

Dragged my girlfriend along to see this and she really enjoyed it too. Much more of a gag/stage film than In Brugges and reused a bit of material from his plays, but still great fun and quite funny.

Sam Rockwell does a great job.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Seven Psychopaths 2012  
Jump to: