Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Ice-Pick Lodge Game on Kickstarter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Ice-Pick Lodge Game on Kickstarter  (Read 982 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: July 27, 2012, 08:41:39 AM

Looks to be a survival horror/resource management game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/knock-knock

There is a wooden house standing in the thick of the forest. A single man resides there.

As of late the house is visited by unusual Guests which knock on the window shutters inviting the hermit to take part in a game of hide-and-seek. The winning condition is simple, you have to remain alive and to retain your sanity till sunrise. This means that approaching the Visitors head-on might be a terrible idea.

As soon as the first Visitor emerges from the thicket - the countdown begins. Every passing hour brings the Guests closer to the house, its walls proving to be an obstacle they are well able to surmount. Something is already inside. Something is opening the window and banging on the cookware. Something has gained control of the cellar and the attic. The floorboards are creaking softly behind the wall.

Hiding alone would never suffice, the Visitors are well aware of your position. Thus, you would have to make your rounds of the house, searching for the breaches that let the creatures of the woods inside and doing your best to mend them.

You could prevent the walls from being breached even more if you keep a close eye on the telltale signs and manage to bring some light into the room which would soon become an area of paranormal activity. The poltergeist would fall back for a while, if only to reappear in some other part of the house.

You could come across some useful loot which might contribute to your survival. The assortment and the stats of the items is always random, and the inventory is limited to 5 slots, so you would have to choose your gear preferences every single night.

If you manage to survive till sunrise, another monster would dissolve and disappear in the first light of dawn. But if the Visitors manage to get you before the sun shines... A mere thought of this outcome is nowhere short of terrifying.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:16:40 AM

The Void might be my favorite game, so I'll gladly contribute.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:17 AM

Thanks for posting this.  I am going to back this project as it reminds me of the really old school days of gaming.  It's neat to see how these kick starters are actually driving gaming in another, different direction and I for one welcome it. 

You know it might be a decent idea to make a kick starter sub forum in order to highlight the projects that stand out to the forum users.  Hopefully some devs from these projects will take notice and participate as well.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Ice-Pick Lodge Game on Kickstarter  
Jump to: