Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Hunger Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 3610 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:51 AM

The Hunger Games Beta Weekend Finale was fun other than the map being too large. Somebody should make a mod of that for some game.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:01 AM

Did anything happen at the end? I had to leave 20 minutes early to give someone a ride.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:22:54 AM

A boring PvP map was not a very memorable end. A map in which you get 5 shots and then have to run around the map hoping to find ammo is not much fun either.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:24:39 AM

Everyone got spit into 4 teams. You had a debuff on you that caused your health to erode. There was limited food spawning points. You had limited ammo.

It was a battle royal/hunger games type event where you tried to survive. When people died they respawned as robots that could scout for you and drop ammo. And ping the location of other team players.

I thought it was pretty unique.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:47:58 AM

Did anything happen at the end? I had to leave 20 minutes early to give someone a ride.
Not for my group. They just spawned more of those "mystery boxes" that were at the zone entrance before the start (fireworks, shape shifting, etc.) at the end where people ended up. Every team had at least one survivor on the map I was playing on (hence my comment about the map being too big) so there was no special coronation of a winning team, assuming they had something planned for that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Hunger Games  
Jump to: