Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: #DIRTYLAUNDRY 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: #DIRTYLAUNDRY  (Read 2448 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

on: July 16, 2012, 07:05:06 PM

Thomas Jane does the Punisher right. Also, Ron Perlman.

I'm very fond of the Ray Stevenson portrayal since it mirrors the Punisher: MAX run by Garth Ennis, and Stevenson captures the Frank Castle look better, but I think Jane and crew captured the right mood of a more realistic, haunted Punisher.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:04:50 PM

Love that vid.  I liked both Punisher movies, they weren't spectacular mind you, but I prefer Jane over Stevenson.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:38:41 AM

I like the Thomas Jane Punisher movie a lot - but I don't think of it as a Punisher movie, just a good old fashioned 80s style revenge flick. It's principally because Jane is a terrible Frank Castle. He's too emotive, too understandable, too likeable. He's broken, but he's not broken, if you know what I mean. Frank Castle is brianwrong. A rewired insane mannequin man made of revenge and delusion. Thomas Jane's 'Frank' is a reasonable man with the capacity for friendship outside of people who can produce the things he needs to horribly murder the next target.

Ray Stevenson's Frank was much more like Punisher. Implacable, relentless, a shell of humanity driven only to destroy the things that disgust him, himself included. The movie's not as much fun as the Thomas Jane one but it fits the character more, overall. Including the sometimes laughably bad dialogue.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:31:50 AM

What did I just watch ?

I don't remember the film where he played the Punisher being as good, which was a shame.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:38 AM

I'd like the Punisher from Punisher Max to get a movie but that's not happening. Personally, I'd like to see "Up is Down and Black is White" or "Kitchen Irish" be adapted into a movie.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:45 AM

I just want the Punisher to not have a villain that is completely and utterly ridiculous. The villain ruined both recent Punisher movies.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:42 AM

"Drive" was the best of all the punisher movies.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: #DIRTYLAUNDRY  
Jump to: