Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Treasure Goblins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Treasure Goblins  (Read 4232 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: July 15, 2012, 07:38:48 AM

What is the latest farming spot?  I tried Tristam and getting nada- maybe patched out that one?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

My farming run atm is inferno wortham quest, I start out by hitting the cemetery which usually boosts my NV to at least 4 stacks, then I hit festering woods and get 4 more elites in a pretty small area plus maybe an event.  then take the ferry to wortham to do the elite pack that spawns with the event there.  All this takes a bit under an hour and I see from 0-2 treasure goblins and at least 9 elites.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:18:08 PM by Salamok »
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:18 AM

I'm finding them in Inferno Act 1 Fallen Angel dungeons a lot (Butcher runs). 1-3 between Leoric's manor and the Butcher.

I have a feeling goblin hunting could have been a game in itself... I see one and I don't care what I run into...gotta kill that goblin (fortunately my monk can handle most elites that the goblin invariably sucks me into).

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:27:54 AM

As of last week I was still using Road to Alcarnus with good success.  Unless something has changed you can do a goblin every couple minutes there, even faster if you have a buddy doing it as well.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:21:31 AM

As of last week I was still using Road to Alcarnus with good success.  Unless something has changed you can do a goblin every couple minutes there, even faster if you have a buddy doing it as well.

So you are not worried about having a 5 stack of NV before hitting the goblins?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:23:12 PM

So you are not worried about having a 5 stack of NV before hitting the goblins?

Nope, I just throw on MF gear.  I usually get 0-2 rares.  With 2 people running it you're killing a goblin about every 3-5 minutes.  You do need MF gear though (and anyone you run with) or you'll get a bunch of blues.

I'm not sure this is really the most efficient way to farm but it's fairly safe and can be fun in small doses.  I have noticed though that I get plan drops in Act 2, where in my Act 1 farm runs I never see any plans drop.  That could just be RNG but it doesn't feel like it.
Blackluck
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:56:38 PM

I'm pretty confident that you will not get anything but base plans in Act I. For Act I, I've gotten them all, repeatedly, but just the base, not "fine" or "grand", etc. In Act II I've gotten the 'fine' drops, plus a jewelry recipe. I've never seen a jewelry recipe in Act I (after a month or so of farming it.)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 01:30:36 PM

My Barbarian in his short Act 1 Inferno career did actually get a plan to drop.  Captain Billy's something or other. A legendary set for level 30s.

So anyway, it seems they can drop even in Act 1.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Treasure Goblins  
Jump to: