Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The League  (Read 7408 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:23 PM

Must have a thread already but I didn't find it. 

My brother told me this was on Netflix streaming a month ago and I cannot stop watching it.  I don't imagine one has to be a fantasy football person to like it, but that sure helps. 

Naginta episode was so full of win.

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:30:43 PM

It is fucking hysterical. Kevin's breakdown after the Eggs-mas Miracle just about made me pee. Ditto for <guest star's name deleted>'s vinegar strokes face. Funny that you started this thread...I have just started talking football (and fantasy football) with my friends again and I couldn't quit thinking about the show. Having this come back just makes the season that much better!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:05 PM

I absolutely fucking love this show. It's wrong on so many levels but it has the same level of "must-watch" hilarity that Always Sunny does. The pr0n episode was just classic.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:19:00 AM

Season 4 starts tonight! Also, S3 just hit Netflix streaming this week. If you haven't watched this show yet, do yourself a favor and marathon it on Netflix. It is easily one of the top 5 funniest shows on TV.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:50:23 AM

This show is amazing. My fiancee isn't into fantasy football at all, and I got her hooked on it too. Great characters.

And Ruxin's wife..... wow

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:46 AM

This is America- there is always a bar!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:29 PM

Everything sounds better from a Cowboy singing it!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:12:14 PM

I flew to LA from JFK on Jetblue a few weeks ago and Kevin got on the flight behind me.  I gave him a quick "love your show" and he seemed stunned anyone recognized him.  I got a hurried "thanks!" as he went to his seat.  He was dressed the way his character would dress.  I bet these actors are playing themselves to a large degree but that is just crazy, unfounded speculation based on a 5 second interaction.

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:31 PM

The 2nd episode was amazing. The season opener was too disjointed and full of wooden cameos (apparently there are tons of NFL players clamoring for roles), but was still decent. 2nd was much, much funnier. Poor Chalupa Batman.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:24 PM

I giggle every time I hear Chalupa Batman on the show.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 05:11:19 PM

I flew to LA from JFK on Jetblue a few weeks ago and Kevin got on the flight behind me.  I gave him a quick "love your show" and he seemed stunned anyone recognized him.  I got a hurried "thanks!" as he went to his seat.  He was dressed the way his character would dress.  I bet these actors are playing themselves to a large degree but that is just crazy, unfounded speculation based on a 5 second interaction.

Awesome, The beatdown on Andre is sublime as always.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:15 PM

Season 3 is on Netflix strreaming now.  Ep1 was ok. Ep2 was almost perfect.

I have never played WoW.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 09:22:14 PM

I love this show. So does my wife. So does my kid.

I've seen Kevin and Jenny referred to as one of the best couples on TV, and it's true. As twisted and foul-mouthed as they are. :) Ellie is freakin' hilarious. One of the best lines in the show is her delivery of "Ruxin, you're being a real dick to my frog".

Her teacher's complaints about her language ("Apparently Ellie invited another student to 'take a ride on her suck-stick'. I don't even know what that is") complete with Kevin and Jenny pretending to be baffled was hilarious.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 01:00:27 AM

I just started watching season 1 and only realized during the second episode that Jon Lajoie is playing Taco. I wondered why he looked so familiar.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:09 AM

Neckflix, Sarah Silverman and Jeff Goldblum.  What an ep.  My wife was crying.

I have never played WoW.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:07:41 AM

Goldblum in particular was inspired.
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:06 AM

He is making another appearance this season as well. No word yet on whether we get to see his Vinegar Strokes face or not.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 07:33:43 PM

He is making another appearance this season as well. No word yet on whether we get to see his Vinegar Strokes face or not.

Didn't we already see it?

I love McArthur's in the Mist but the latest running shoes one was quite flat
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 09:06:04 AM

I don't believe so...did I miss it? I thought I had seen all the eps this season. Last one was the sex-smelling dog, yes?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 09:29:20 AM

Goldblum has not shown up yet this season. The sex-smelling dog and the sneakers on the crippled guy was the last episode.

Needs more Chalupa Batman.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:08 PM

ARISE!

This is back on, and hilarious. I'd heard good things from many sources, but hesitated because I don't like sportsball. It's great, even if I miss the occasional joke; I caught up completely earlier this year and the first episode of this (final?) season was great.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 07:06:31 PM

This show has been awesome for years. Both of my long term girlfriends, and not being football fans at all, really love this show. It's just really funny. Minus that stupid Raffi episode with Dirty Randy, but hey they get a pass for a garbage episode or two.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 08:25:53 PM

I thought the Raffi/Dirty Randy episode from season 5 was the best episode of that season.  Not so much with their origin story episode in season 6, but it was still good.  Different strokes.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 09:32:15 PM

Raffi is fucking awesome.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:08:51 AM

Raffi is amazing. That episode was the worst POS ive ever seen. Just bad.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 04:58:03 AM

This show has been awesome for years. Both of my long term girlfriends, and not being football fans at all, really love this show.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 10:21:45 AM

I'm glad you picked up on that too, Teleku.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 01:08:17 PM

My wife watches this with me, but for her it is 22 minutes of "what the fuck is this?"

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 10:47:58 AM

The beer throw is one of the best pieces of television in 2015.  Provided you know the inspiration, I suppose.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 10:50:48 AM

The beer throw is one of the best pieces of television in 2015.  Provided you know the inspiration, I suppose.
As the critical 4th and 1 in Sunday's game proved - that 'inspiration' is ridiculously overblown.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 15, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

I don't know the inspiration, but it was still funny.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:33 AM

The world generally agrees that if Russell Wilson had just given the football to Beast Mode instead of passing it, they would have won the Super Bowl.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 10:13:18 AM

And yet, on 4th and 1 this last week, on a must make or lose the game play, they handed to Beast Mode and...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:16 AM

WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 10:29:14 AM

And yet, on 4th and 1 this last week, on a must make or lose the game play, they handed to Beast Mode and...

They were both terrible play calls (see my avatar). In the SB, Lynch was running rampant over a tired NE defense. On Sunday, a far inferior offensive line who had been grossly overmatched all day by probably the best DL in football were put in a position to fail miserably by their idiot coordinator. A pass is fine in the SB, but not THAT play. A run is fine on Sunday, but not THAT play. They were both too cute by far.

TL/DR fuck Darrell Bevell in his ass.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The League  
Jump to: