Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 7 Days Free for old players. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7 Days Free for old players.  (Read 3307 times)
Amaron
Terracotta Army

on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:43 AM

http://www.swtor.com/alliespromotion

Free to play to level 15 just released too.   Considering they also locked new players on the old servers we're going to see some serious crowding right now.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:13:10 AM

http://www.swtor.com/alliespromotion

Free to play to level 15 just released too.   Considering they also locked new players on the old servers we're going to see some serious crowding right now.

I was creating a topic on the same subject, but hey :P ; if you refer a friend you can also get a Kurtob alliance speeder:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120710

F2P to lv 15 (which is without time limit, unlike the above mentioned "Allies" promotion) should have some limitations (probably the usual ones: chat limitations, crafting cap etc.), but currently the related FAQ entry is a dead link.

Found it:

The following game restrictions will be placed on your Free Trial account for the duration of the trial:

- A Free Trial character cannot exceed level 15. The player will be notified via in-game notifications and chat message once they have hit the maximum level for the trial experience.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to play on their Origin World, Capital World, the Fleet, all Warzones, and in their first Flashpoint. A message box will appear if a character attempts to go outside of these areas.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use general chat, trade chat, or PvP chat. The character will only be able to use local chat, group chat, guild chat, and reply to whispers.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to send or reply to mail by other trial characters. However, your character will be able to receive in-game mail during the trial.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to level their Crew Skills ranking to around 40.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to earn Legacy XP.

Yep, they REALLY want you in their game, it seems (I agree, it should be quite a crowded summer for TOR).

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120710-0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:17:58 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:03 AM

I like that speeder. Time to find someone to make my referral bitch.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52:15 PM

Well, judging from the current status of the EU servers, lots of people are jumping aboard: we'll see how many will stay around.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 05:54:38 PM

I came back to check out the patch improvements. seems pretty good so far. I might consider subscribing until guild wars 2 launches. Is it true that there aren't enough f13 left on imp side to start a bc? No wonder this thing is in the gy.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:56:15 PM by Phred »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:10 AM

I ran around a bit yesterday... jeez, Ebon Hawk is PACKED! Time to check out that lfg thing with my awesome-o (and by now, terribly undergeared) vanguard.

(OTOH, dey tuk arr charnames  Sad Panda)

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:06:44 AM

F13 people quit a game a few months after launch? Say it ain't so.

We have in-laws visiting right now but we can probably help re-make an Imp guild soon.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:06:32 AM

F13 people quit a game a month after launch? Say it ain't so.

why so serious?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 7 Days Free for old players.  
Jump to: