Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes  (Read 19303 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: July 10, 2012, 08:06:00 AM

Patch 1.0.1 (the patch notes in that link appear to be a continual listing so all notes appear to be on that same page)

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:36 PM

And a new sever opened, despite the fact that nobody's being queued or screaming. I'd have to guess their numbers are very significantly up to do that without any pressure.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:50 PM

I was unable to create my third character on Arcadia earlier this evening :(
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:29:52 AM

And a new sever opened, despite the fact that nobody's being queued or screaming. I'd have to guess their numbers are very significantly up to do that without any pressure.

Every time I've logged in recently, Arcadia has been listed as "Full" and I peeked at my buddy's login screen who has 3 characters on different servers and they were all listed as full as well. I have no idea what kind of numbers that translates into, but a guess based on that evidence is "pretty good." Based on the fact there have been no login queues and no real server donwtime, I'd qualify that by saying "but not crushingly awesome."

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:33:24 AM

Patch Notes 1.0.2

UPDATE NOTES 1.0.2

MISSIONS

Sharing Side missions should now work even when the character receiving the new mission already has one or two Side missions.
New achievements are available for 500, 1000 and 5000 completed missions.
London
London Underground (Templar): Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the mission to suddenly pause itself.
Fixed the timing of the audio on Zamira's cinematic.
Into Darkness (Templar) - Co-op Parking Garage: "Investigate the lower levels" now triggers with better timing.
Seoul
Added an extra check towards the mission goals to support instances where the player finds themselves back in the Dojang instead of in Seoul.
The Blue Mountain
The Benevolent Conspiracies
Pausing the mission during Tier 2 should no longer prevent the players from completing the mission. Furthermore, the items used during the mission can still be picked up during the Tier they are used in by grabbing them from the correct soldier corpse.
Pausing the mission will no longer remove the Checkmate beacon from the player's inventory. For those who already lost their Checkmate beacon, on Tier 5 you can pick it up again from the dead soldier's bag.
The Blue Harvester will now drop his loot.
Reduced the spawn rate of Familiars during the final tier of 'The Breakfast Cult.'
Off the Menu: Fixed an issue that would sometimes leave Bloodfang (Tier 3) stuck in his lair.
Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain to make sure the mob density is reasonable, that you can run through the camp while avoiding some of the combat and that when you fight mobs it's harder to accidentally pull adds that should not be pulled. The zones addressed were:
Southern Beach
Skull Island Draugs
Mansion's Surroundings
Blue Ridge Mine Entrance
Haunted Forest
Abandoned Building (asylum)
Northern Ak'Ab camp
Western Beach
Orochi Camp Zombies
Pumpkin Patches
The Scorched Desert
A Shadow Over Egypt: The health of the summoned mini golems has been lowered.
City of the Sun God
Warrior Spirit of Hemitneter during "Blood and Fire" should now have more hitpoints and dps.
The mission "Heavy Metals" should now correctly get sorted under "City of the Sun God" for completed missions in the Mission Journal.
Black Sun, Red Sand
Killing the Black Pharaoh and dying at the exact same time now allows players to complete the mission.
Corrected an issue with Akhenaten's Death Awaits ability.
Blood and Fire: Fixed an issue with the Hemitneter's Clasp that would prevent players from restarting the mission during tier 1.
The Dark Places: The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.
Kingsmouth
The Hunger : Fixed an issue (this time for good) where the Voracious Wendigo could become stuck at 50% health and immune, but kept attacking.
Corpse Clingers now summon a zombie when casting 'Scent of Blood'.
The Savage Coast
The Black House: Carrie Killian's ashes should now respawn correctly.
Carnival of Souls: the item „Winter's Monocle“ received at the end of the mission can now be removed from the inventory.
Theme Park Tycoon
The sound of the Octotron no longer persists after completing tier 2.
Dying during the Angry Clown encounter should no longer make the clown immortal.
Winter's Plans can no longer be deleted from inventory.
The Shadowy Forest
The Architect encounter has been tweaked a bit to make it slightly less difficult.
Tenebrae should no longer be using placeholder abilities.
The Cellar Door: this is again a solo instance, as intended.
The Scorched Desert
High Cost of Dying: Corrupted Water Guardian is now easier to kill.
Nathifa is now less difficult to kill.
Caahs the Soul Spawn now has a spawn animation.
The Big Terrible Picture
Both the flames and crystals puzzles should now reset correctly.
The crystals for Tier 3 can now be interacted with correctly.
Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Tier 2 can now be completed correctly.
DUNGEONS

Nightmare minibosses will again drop epic items. The chance for an epic Glyph kit is unchanged.
All items dropped by minibosses are now Bind on Pickup.
If you log out inside a dungeon, your character will now still be inside that dungeon instance when you log back in.
Polaris (Nightmare):
Ur-Things now disappear before the Ur-Draug's Veil phase is lifted.
The Slaughterhouse
Based on player feedback, various effects throughout the dungeon have been improved.
Fixed an issue with hate on the Aleksei-Chetyre adds.
The Ankh
Melothat's debuffs will end when he dies.
Checkpoints in Hell Raised and Hell Eternal should now function correctly for players joining these dungeons while they are in progress.
Hell Raised - Recursia
Triggerthings have had their hitpoints reduced by 20%. Elite and Nightmare Triggerthings are unchanged.
Phase 3 will now trigger at lower health. Elite and Nightmare modes are unchanged, and will continue to trigger at the previous (higher) values.
It is no longer possible to avoid the Triggerthing spell Biomeltdown by pressing close to the fight entrance.
Recursia should now successfully cast Anima Eruption at any target in the fight, regardless of range.
Hell Raised - Machine Tyrant
The Machine Tyrant should now hit his targets more consistently.
The Anima Vortex for removing the Machine Tyrant's Anima Overcharge should no longer permanently disappear when waiting to begin the encounter.
The Darkness War
The Mayan Battle Mage's loot will now always spawn on the ground.
Fixed an issue where The Bloodhound could replicate himself.
GUI

Gear manager builds can now be updated without having to first delete the previous build.
Need/Greed windows no longer disappear if you resurrect to a point where you should still be allowed to loot the items.
Fixed an issue that caused custom chat tabs to lose subscription to some chat channels on zoning.
Sprint buff indications have been updated so you can now see which sprint upgrade you are using.
LORE

Lore piece 5 in Agartha has been made easier to find and access.
'And Did Those Feed in Ancient Time' no longer unlocks when completing only 'Chariots of Fire'.
CRAFTING

Nightwatch Glyph crafting kits are now Bind on Pickup.
COMBAT

'Volatile Current' should no longer randomly stop working.
Casting 'Crimson Theatre' should no longer break the Ascendant encounter (Hell 2) and the Halina encounter (The Facility).
NPCS

Cassandra King now looks younger and more attractive!
Villagers around Transylvania will reply more responsively to clicks for random chat phrases.
CLOTHING/ITEMS

Claimed clothing will now show the same name in the Dressing Room as in the Item shop.
A correct grey variant of 'Patterned Cargo Pants' is now available.
The 'Male Dawn Leathers' clothing item will now correctly appear in the players Dressing Room instead of the inventory.
The Warrior deck outfit is no longer causing characters to look bald.
'Cutoff harness' clothing will no longer cause invisible arms if worn with a 'Sports bra'.
'Purple Quickened Anima' can now be bought at Rank 8 as intended.
Fixed an issue where certain items could not be bought at faction vendors when levelling up several faction ranks at once.
Hair should no longer clip through baseball caps and other headwear.
BANK/MAIL

Fixed error on dragging items between different pages in the bank.
You can no longer walk away from the bankers while the delete confirmation window is onscreen.
The right click menu on bank now has a subtle background.
Pressing ESC now closes the delete mail dialog.
When deleting an item from the cabal bank, the dialog message now correctly references the cabal bank instead of the inventory.
You can now press ENTER to confirm the delete mail action when the window is up.
The unread mail icon now is cleared when all mail is read.
Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use up/down arrows after deleting cash in a mail.
Compose Mail is now the top window when clicking the compose window button.
Clicking on an unread mail will now highlight it.
The 'Take all attachments' button now greys out when taking items.
The sort function for attachments and dates are now working.
Sorting mail now ignores lowercase/uppercase.
The Expand Size Limit button now greys out and can no longer be used when you upgrade your bank to the maximum size.
The "To:" field on mail now includes an option to send to a friend or cabal member on your friends list.
You can now only send 6 attachments on your mail.
The "to" field is now limited to 40 characters.
The message when trying to send a character bound item by mail has been clarified. It will now say „Item can't be sent by mail. It must be in your storage and cannot be bound to your character.“
You are now presented with a sound along with a "you've got mail" message. The sound and message are displayed once per received mail.
The mail notification icon now quickly blinks 5 times when new mail is received.
You will now receive a message explaining to wait if you try to send several messages in a too short amount of time.
SOUND

Some missing German audio files have been added.
Some missing sounds have been added to Transylvania
Some missing sounds have been added to the laboratory location in Amity House
GENERAL

The speed and animation for walking backwards has been slightly increased.
Fixed an issue where some anima wells in dungeons were not being discovered properly.
User preferences/settings should now be saved correctly and remain, also when connecting to the game from different computers.
Fixed an issue where auto run was being interrupted randomly.
Fixed an issue where your screen would become dark after resurrecting in The Blue Mountain.
Fix some collision issues in Fusang.
The Secret World now has new desktop icons.
Character nicknames can no longer end with a '-'.

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:04 AM

Nice list of fixes. Especially the Autorun interrupt.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 05:12:39 AM

Update Notes 1.0.3

• The Voracious Wendigo has stopped eating ambrosia and should now be killable again.
  • The Gathering - Tugomir cel Mare and his 3 accompanying adds are less difficult to kill, because they don't aggro all at once.
  • Players are no longer able to take off their clothing through UI mods.
  • Custom UIs should now work again.
  • The Sprint ability should no longer stop working in some instances.
  • Items should no longer on rare occasions become unusable after being spawned.
  • Fixed a server memory leak.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:06 AM

I can bear with these ridiculous patch notes considering that we are gonna get the first big update next week if... THEY FIXED THE GODDAMN CHAT.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:17 AM

I can bear with these ridiculous patch notes considering that we are gonna get the first big update next week if... THEY FIXED THE GODDAMN CHAT.
Yeah it's really starting to get annoying now. Latest update on it:
Quote from: Morteia
Hey Everyone!

I'm popping in here just to reassure you that this a high priority issue that the team is currently investigating and attempting to fix. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that new ideas are being testing and worked on as I type, and the team is not losing focus on this issue. While we have attempted to fix this problem multiple times (and sadly unsuccessfully), we will not stop trying until it's fixed.

Please don't think that your words and posts go unheeded! You have all been so wonderfully patient and understanding about the many chat issues, and we have nothing but thanks for you in regards to that.

The latest update I have is that this chat issue won't be addressed in the upcoming patch (1.0.3), but is most likely going to be fixed in 1.1. I will get confirmation on this for you guys tomorrow so that you have verified information.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. It really does mean quite a bit to know that the community is so supportive! We also understand your need for these channels to work, and totally want this issue fixed yesterday too. :P

So it should be fixed in a week  why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:08 AM

Can you give me a link to that thread, please? I want to keep an eye on it and bump it when necessary.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 06:38:29 AM

Can you give me a link to that thread, please? I want to keep an eye on it and bump it when necessary.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=46177

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:40 PM

Custom UIs should now work again.

Heart
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 07:15:56 AM

Update notes for 1.1 - The servers (and the patch) are live.

"Issue# 1: Unleashed" - Update 1.1 - July 12th

Highlights

Seven brand new missions, two new Nightmare Mode dungeons and the Marketplace are now all available as part of The Secret World Issue #1: Unleashed.

Please click here: http://thesecretworld.com/news/the_s...2012_unleashed for more information about the new missions in Issue #1.

(Psst, complete all the new missions for a new achievement and unique clothing rewards!)  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Top changes

The Marketplace

The Marketplace is now available in London!
All tradable items can be listed and searched for via the search options in the Marketplace UI. This UI is accessible via the bank NPCs in London
Only items from your personal storage can be listed and they will occupy a slot in the bank until they are sold
Listings show up from all players on all dimensions
All items are listed for 7 days after which point they time out
All listings have a 10% up front cost based on the listing price. This cost is refunded if the item sells
All successful sales are subject to a 5% broker fee upon sale

General
The ‘/say’ and ‘/shout’ chat commands now work properly
Improved animations when interacting with objects
It is now impossible for players to make their characters nude
When using the ‘high’ graphics settings, screen will no longer become blurry in some areas
The Orochi-Group.com website will not crash the in-game browser
Filth Rain does not follow players to other zones
Players can no longer attach character-bound items to mail
Changing eye colour now works properly for all heads in character creation
Certain heals will no longer generate hate on friendly targets
Players will not be able to consume the Elixir of Life when already at full health
Certain monsters, such as the Royal Sadists, will not attack the player when dead

Dungeons
Introducing two new Nightmare Mode dungeons: The Ankh and Hell Fallen. These dungeons are built to be extremely challenging, and the enemies and encounters in these dungeons will test your build-making, gear, group composition and combat skills to the limit
Dungeon bosses and mini-bosses now only drop one loot bag
The Ankh: Akhenaten, the Black Pharaoh, is now immune to crowd control effects and will no longer despawn, then respawn with full health

PvP
The anima full-screen effect will no longer persist if the player has entered a PvP Battlefield
Players can no longer enter PvP Battlefields while in Anima form. They will be resurrected upon entry

GUI
Trying to split a stack when the player inventory is full will no longer cause that slot to malfunction
Mission decals will not disappear when a player teleports out of a zone

Weapons
Hammer: The “Smash” ability will now always have an animation

Missions

General
Seven brand new missions are now available to all players as part of our first free monthly content update, Issue #1: http://thesecretworld.com/news/the_s...2012_unleashed
Crafting items for a mission should now fulfil the goals of that mission
Into Darkness will no longer shut players of any faction out of the instance for any reason if they have not yet completed the mission

Solomon Island
Kingsmouth
That’ll Leave a Mark: The trapped survivor should now spawn at the trap only if he has been killed or the mission has been completed

The Savage Coast
Another Bug Hunt - Tier 2: Players can now turn in their dog tags to Sarge when in the appropriate area
The Black House: Carrie Killian's ashes should now reappear correctly
Crustacean Curse - Tier 2: Mission will now award XP as intended
Winter’s Legacy: Jacob Smythe will now spawn as intended
Taking the Purple - Tier 2: Players can now spawn the ambushers if another player fails this mission

Blue Mountain
Off the Menu - Tier 2: This mission should no longer reset after a player had added the sedative to the meat
The Haunting - Tier 3: The Delapores now respawn if players leave using their Agartha Conduit and zone back into the instance
Dawning of an Endless Night: Players can no longer get stuck in the Dreaming Prison
Dawning of an Endless Night: Players who have exited the dream before completion will now have a marker directing them back to the Dreaming Prison
Dawning of an Endless Night - Tier 5: Joe Slater cinematic should now play properly in all situations

Egypt
Scorched Desert
The Big Terrible Picture - Tier 3: Prisms should now work properly
King of the Hill: Vortex Grenades, Fragmentation Grenades, and Landmines will now only work in the appropriate area
The Last Legion - Tier 3: Monsters should no longer disappear during cinematic and Legion should spawn correctly
The Last Legion - Tier 3: Killing Legatus Aulus should now reward credit for players who are on the same step

City of the Sun God
The Eye of Horus: Keeper Garran and Keeper Sh’ar now spawn as intended
The Eye of Horus: Pausing this mission will no longer cause the Eye of Horus to disappear from players’ inventories
The Way of Things: Tiers 2, 3, and 4 have been made more multiplayer friendly with multiple improvements
Black Sun, Red Sand - Tier 9: Akhenaten, the Black Pharaoh will no longer despawn, allowing the mission to be completed
Halls of Lost Records - Tier 6: Activating the defense mechanism will update the mission for all players present in the room
Foundations - Tier 3: Examining the tablet now updates the mission properly

Transylvania
The Besieged Farmlands
The Cost of Magic - Tier 5: Ritual can be completed as intended

The Carpathian Fangs
The Castle: This mission is now repeatable
Exit Strategy - Tier 4 : The Orochi communications terminal now works as intended

The Shadowy Forest
Mortal Sins - Tier 10: Only one player at a time can now interact with the water of life puzzle letters
Mortal Sins - Tier 20: Players can now re-enter the tomb if needed
Last Dance of the Padurii - Tier 4: Pausing this mission will no longer cause the Humming Music Box to disappear from players’ inventories
The Draculesti - Tier 4: Once all of the explosive spots are full, players who placed explosives get credit for this mission
Fatal Framing: This mission will now reward XP as intended
Who Comes and Who Goes: Goal text will now correctly ask the player to “Find the Abandoned Tunnel”

Oliver 'Tarib' Kunz
Senior Community Manager

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:20:40 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 07:17:58 AM

Fluffy version of it.

NEW MISSIONS!

Carter Unleashed: An action mission set at the Innsmouth Academy on Solomon Island, where the player gets to know more about the exceptionally gifted student Carter. Exploring the hallway below the academy, Carter will need help controlling her powers -- before they get completely out of hand.

Crime and Punishment: Bestselling horror author Sam Krieg came to Solomon Island to write his latest novel -- but there's more to it than that. Through this investigation, the player will dig into Krieg's works and the mind of an obsessed fan to learn more about the dark and hidden history of Solomon Island.

Hell & Bach: Daredevil reporter Daniel Bach is working on the story of all stories, his shot at finally winning a Pulitzer. For years, he's been chasing the ghost of Theodore Wicker, only to end up trapped at the Overlook Motel outside Kingsmouth Town. But Wicker's story doesn't end here -- nor did it start here. Following the bread crumbs back in time, the player will investigate the mystery of Wicker, and learn more about what brought him to the gates of hell...and beyond.

Funeral Crasher: Eleanor Franklin only has her cats and her ghosts to keep her company at her mansion in Blue Mountain -- and now the ghosts are getting restless. When the dead themselves are spooked, the living must pay heed.

The 3rd Age: There have been Ages before ours, and the evidence lies beneath. In Egypt, the sand is thin, and the remnants of past Ages are beginning to spread their influence across the world. The Seven Sentinels hold the key to an investigation that begins in the present, and delves deep into the distant past.

Red Handed: It wasn't chance that brought Dr Varias to this distant part of the Carpathians at this particular point in time. Following in his father's footsteps, Varias is attempting to unravel the mystery of the Red Hand. Why did they build a vast facility beneath this desolate region? What were they doing here? And how was Varias' father involved? In this investigation, we answer some burning questions about this secret Soviet era genetic research project -- and how it ties into the events of the present.

But that's not all! Another mission awaits observant players on Solomon Island -- one that explores a character that may be more than she pretends to be...

NEW NIGHTMARE MODE DUNGEONS!

Two dungeons are receiving new Nightmare modes: The Ankh and Hell Fallen.

Increased challenges, increased rewards, and a chance to test new builds, new synergies and to put your team to the test against some of the toughest and fiercest challenges in The Secret World!

Who will be the first to conquer The Ankh and Hell Fallen in Nightmare mode? When 'Unleashed' is unleashed, we will find out!

THE MARKETPLACE!

Unleashed also contains the brand new, cross-dimensional Marketplace, allowing players to sell, trade and ship items to other players, no matter where they're playing. The Marketplace will be an integral part of The Secret World's growing economy, giving players more flexibility when it comes to how they equip their characters, and how they procure PAX.

AND MORE!

Of course, issue #1 is jam-packed with other updates and changes -- and astute players may even notice the ongoing construction in New York, London and Seoul, as new tenants prepare to move in. The Secret World is a LIVING world, and it will keep growing and changing through this issue and all upcoming, monthly issues.

And this is only the beginning. Issue #2 is already on its way, and if you like this month's content, you're going to LOVE what's next! Dr Aldini is sharpening his scalpels, the Ockham triplets are readying their scissors and razors, and the first auxiliary weapon is being assembled -- so stay tuned for August's major update, to be revealed soon!

The Secret World issue #1: 'Unleashed' goes live on July 31st, and is available for free to all players.

Highlighted text: hidden quest? Sweet...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:20:06 AM by Falconeer »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:41 AM

Highlighted text: hidden quest? Sweet...
I am going to assume it is just the quest with Beaumont's lady "friend" that was in beta and removed at release that they already mentioned was going back in.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 07:38:11 AM

Oh yeah, considering it's not in the list that's definitely the one. Yay I love it.

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:28 AM

Yeah but did they fix the chat groups bug? I assume not.  Heartbreak
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 08:42:44 AM

From the "Things You Like" Thread:

They actually managed to fix the custom chats.  Heart
Of course any other channel still loses it's sub when you zone but ah well, baby steps.

So I'm going to say mostly.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:24 AM

At least it's back to the way it was a few weeks ago.  That's a start.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 09:29:56 AM

Yeah. Chances are the "fix" has been to just revert back to a previous backup. Haha.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:33 AM

Looks like there are 5 new investigation missions this patch.  This pleases me.

If you want to know where they are:  http://www.reddit.com/r/TheSecretWorld/comments/xfzh9/patch_11_unleashed_consolidated_info_thread/
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 09:50:28 AM

5 new investigations? With no spoilers around the web yet...

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:45 AM

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit before tackling those.  awesome, for real   I just have no patience for most of the investigation missions.

"Ohh, you want me to write this down and apply some sort of cipher? Yah, not gonna happen."

-Rasix
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:18 AM

I give myself about 30 minutes. If I can get anywhere in 30 minutes usually I am hooked and in love with it. If I get nowhere, it's spoiler time and I feel a bit bad but whatever GIMME XP NAO!

I completed a few investigations by myself and I felt awesome. Most recent, Angels & Demons in Egypt. Made me feel like I am good at this stuff (I am not).

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 10:01:24 AM

The cipher part is fun, for me. But having to retype long blocks of text from the game window into a text editor is just an unnecessary waste of everyone's time. It wouldn't have killed anyone to put in a "copy to clipboard" button. That's where I break down and just google for "pastebin quest name" even at the risk of catching spoilers. Because fuck that.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 10:05:05 AM

Are you talking about Angels and Demons cironian? If that is the case

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:03 AM

Worst offender: Signal Effect in Egypt. Which, I think, has the icon for a minor mission although it's a one-time mission mostly about decoding stuff. That one has giant walls of code.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:46 AM

Just a warning, Hell and Bach appears to have a few bugs. There's a minor spelling mistake in the book in tier 1 and the tier 3 puzzle sequence seems to be borked right at the end. I'm putting in the right sequence but it's not accepting it...

Edit: Ok, figured out what the problem was...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:49:01 AM by Tyrnan »
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 10:49:58 AM

Worst offender: Signal Effect in Egypt. Which, I think, has the icon for a minor mission although it's a one-time mission mostly about decoding stuff. That one has giant walls of code.

Yeah, fuck that mission.  It is really an investigation mission and I believe gives XP to that effect.  But the amount of code you'd have to type in an external browser is just silly.  That's the only mission I've had a problem with though, at least so far.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:37 AM

Personally my threshold for the investigation missions where I'll look up what to do, is if I know *how* to do it but don't feel like doing the grunt work - like the

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:31 AM

My way of solving investigation missions is trying for about five minutes before asking Ingmar "HOW U DO." Although now that we're playing together, I am actually more patient with figuring shit out. I don't figure much out, of course, I'm mostly just there for moral support for Ingmar.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 11:32:12 AM

At least you knew what a prayer board was!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:43 AM

This is true!

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 12:09:12 PM

The morse code one bugged me because it said go find parts, so I looked up the model number of the thing on the fake website, and wrote down the parts required to repair, and found those parts.

No, you have to collect all the shit even stuff you don't need, and just click the thingy. Overthinking investigation quests for the lose :(
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 12:11:14 PM

The morse code one bugged me because it said go find parts, so I looked up the model number of the thing on the fake website, and wrote down the parts required to repair, and found those parts.

No, you have to collect all the shit even stuff you don't need, and just click the thingy. Overthinking investigation quests for the lose :(

I did the same thing.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch Notes  
Jump to: