Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  (Read 120939 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:12 PM

So I broke down and bought the outfit with the cowboy hat.  I am weak. Facepalm  And I couldn't equip the hat with the Puritan outfit.  I don't think you can with any of the deck outfits, though, I can equip the sunglasses.  Anyway, this is my hot weather ensemble.  The other clothing I usually wear seemed like it would be too warm for the desert.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:48:44 PM by Ginaz »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #141 on: July 18, 2012, 04:05:03 AM

Yeah, the deck outfits are "multislot" attires, they overwrite eveything placed in the regular outift slots.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #142 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:45 AM

I don't understand. The item store today lists 5 new coats but I could swear I've seen the yellow one before. I got the green cause it's pretty, but am I remembering wrong? Weren't they already available? Or maybe the yellow was a quest reward?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #143 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:17 AM

I'm suprised by how much people like the outfits.  Everytime I play with my regulars they are wearing something different.  I don't care that much and had been wearing the exact same outfit I posted around launch until people actualy started mentioning it more and more.

Just to be clear, I was peer pressured to wear something new and different, in a video game.  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

It is fascinating yes. I gotta say though, the whole thing about raiding for gear, in any MMORPG, to me has always been about getting new and different looking things to wear. Be it EQ or Rift, I always chased equipment for what it looked like, and always ahted the fact that n a way, when you get the best equipment, you are not gonna see your "doll" change anymore. Sure, more power and stuff, but changing the look of your character has always been an important part of 21st centuries CRPGs/MMORPGs to me.
But honestly, think about UO's paperdolls. Wasn't people going crazy about the looks even then?

In TSW, where character's power is disconnected from the way it looks, and new style are so easily accessible, it's heaven for me.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: July 18, 2012, 09:25:32 AM

Just to be clear, I was peer pressured to wear something new and different, in a video game.  awesome, for real

This sentence reminds me of the Crab People/metrosexual episode of South Park, and the pressure to dress nicely and use "product".
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:57 AM

I think a big part of it is Funcom seems to have a handle on what is interesting to people and offer more than just combat armor or slut outfit. Outfits were a big deal in AO as well.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:54 AM

Finally unlocked my first deck suit and now I'm ready to stake vampires like a classy Chaos Theorist...

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: July 18, 2012, 12:29:26 PM

I think a big part of it is Funcom seems to have a handle on what is interesting to people and offer more than just combat armor or slut outfit. Outfits were a big deal in AO as well.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything overly slutty for clothing.  People can play TERA if they want that or some  my what do we have here?.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #149 on: July 18, 2012, 01:36:07 PM

Yeah, bra and hotpants are totally old maid.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: July 18, 2012, 01:49:28 PM

Well I unlocked the Templar Magus outfit today. I kind of like it.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:51:48 PM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #151 on: July 18, 2012, 02:32:11 PM

Well I unlocked the Templar Magus outfit today. I kind of like it.

No skittles?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #152 on: July 18, 2012, 06:22:32 PM

Taste the rainbow, bitch.  why so serious?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #153 on: July 18, 2012, 07:02:58 PM

Ready for desert fighting.. or the next Uncharted game.

I keep going for a cross between functional and kickass.  Last outfit was the Streetfight Hoodie and some black jeans.  Looked like some sort of hoodlum, but looked pretty out of place in Egypt.   You could get away with more varied outfits in New England.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:05:03 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #154 on: July 18, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Something about the hammers makes them seem really out of place, all the other weapons more or less fit.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #155 on: July 18, 2012, 08:16:42 PM

After the peer pressure:

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:11 PM

I unlocked my first deck likewise, Warlock.

Sucks for soloing.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:17 PM

Ready for desert fighting.. or the next Uncharted game.

I keep going for a cross between functional and kickass.  Last outfit was the Streetfight Hoodie and some black jeans.  Looked like some sort of hoodlum, but looked pretty out of place in Egypt.   You could get away with more varied outfits in New England.

I'll probably be wearing my Puritan outfit when I get to Transylvania as it I think it would fit in well given the setting.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 19, 2012, 03:11:27 PM

I got some new threads.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #159 on: July 19, 2012, 10:52:05 PM

New try. Not perfectly happy with it  yet, but oh well:

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 21, 2012, 12:07:13 PM

Mission Accomplished! Puritan outift achieved. Now I can quit playing  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 21, 2012, 05:03:52 PM

Been doing some red/white combos for a while, but I do like the first Templar multislot...

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: July 22, 2012, 05:17:22 AM

I made a Templar just for that outfit.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #163 on: July 22, 2012, 11:26:12 AM

That outfit only works on chicks. The male version just makes me feel... pompous and dickish. Which I guess is the point?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: July 22, 2012, 11:52:31 AM

My poor attempt at a fashion statement in the post-apocalyptic world.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

My poor attempt at a fashion statement in the post-apocalyptic world.
Hmm. I wouldn't say that's a poor attempt at all. Looks no-nonsense and practical. Together with the a mustache a very Don't-fuck-with-me look. Which is what you were aiming for, I guess?

-----

Mission Accomplished! Puritan outift achieved. Now I can quit playing  why so serious?
Just wait until I get the soldier outfit. Man, am I going to brag! Then quit too, of course!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 11:35:50 PM

Instead of quitting, I gave myself a new goal: the Crusader outfit!

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:13 AM

Some clothing goes away in time, what a great way to get money from the 'gotta catch em all' types with the clothing store -

In an effort to bring our community fresh new clothing options for their characters, we will be introducing new clothes into the Item Shop on Tuesdays! We will also announce which new items are coming into the store, and which old items are leaving the store. That’s right! Just like a retail clothing store, certain styles come and go with the week, so we will also be removing old clothing items as we introduce new ones.

To get rid of the old stock fast enough, we’ll also put the items that are leaving the store on sale for the week! Like a digital sale bin that's not nearly as hard to sift through. So get them while they’re in the item store, because you never know when something will be back in style!
evil
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:18 AM

Instead of quitting, I gave myself a new goal: the Crusader outfit!

I'm working on the Witch Hunter outfit.  Only 2 abilities to go...both of which are 50 pointers. ACK!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 23, 2012, 09:15:35 AM

Some clothing goes away in time, what a great way to get money from the 'gotta catch em all' types with the clothing store -

In an effort to bring our community fresh new clothing options for their characters, we will be introducing new clothes into the Item Shop on Tuesdays! We will also announce which new items are coming into the store, and which old items are leaving the store. That’s right! Just like a retail clothing store, certain styles come and go with the week, so we will also be removing old clothing items as we introduce new ones.

To get rid of the old stock fast enough, we’ll also put the items that are leaving the store on sale for the week! Like a digital sale bin that's not nearly as hard to sift through. So get them while they’re in the item store, because you never know when something will be back in style!
evil

Man I can't help but feel this really damages the game. Instead of making it a fun time sink, they let petty greed get the better of them.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:15 AM

Dunno. Depends how they handle it. Not too many items and not the sexy ones: its fine.

At the moment the items on sale are a) crappy (floral pattern cardigan) b) only select pieces (just the the pink coloured one, not the entire line).

But yes, if they go fullout greedy over it - instead of keeping it a nice gimmick - it would be a pretty big downer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:31:51 AM by calapine »

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 10:19:32 AM

I would even think if the ones that go away come back again as seasonal or something along those lines as it seems like they're getting rid of underselling stock (I'm guessing it's underselling, no facts to back that up)

The clothing being removed are pretty limited (spoilered below) and pretty shitty even from someone who doesn't play dress up too much. I kind of like the idea behind it though. Yes, it will likely make them more money, but it does also serve the purpose of keeping the item store fresh for those who care about it and keeps people checking back at least once a week.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 11:19:09 AM

I kind of like limited availability. It's a way to make sure there won't bee too many clones in the long run no matter what. Sure, some crazy ass people will buy any item that is going "out of style", but that aint gonna be us right?  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:57 AM

I think it's a pretty decent idea.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: July 23, 2012, 11:21:12 AM

I too am a big fan of limited availability.  I'm already seeing far too many outfits that look alike in the world.  Anything to promote uniqueness is a good thing.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  
Jump to: