Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  (Read 120838 times)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:23 PM

Can I roll Dick Cheney with a rifle and pop my friends?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 12:37:53 PM

Cave. It's a great game. I'm enjoying it far more than I did the GW2 betas.

BTW on outfits, free in game swag.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:55 PM

I am starting to think that Funcom released this now exactly to give people two months of content before the big GW2 exodus, during which they will have time to complete new content to deliver after the first 2-3 months period of GW2 enthusiasm will be over.

Granted, this is not science, but everyone seems to agree that the actual content of Secret World, while stellar, is reasonably going to be consumed in a couple of months.

So honestly, I think this is the perfect time to get TSW. You will be done with it just in time for GW2 without feeling a bit dissatisfied or guilty.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:40 PM

I'm not buying that at release either so I think I can hold off just... a bit... longer....

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:29 PM

Any better? (not me)

While not what I had in mind, I like it!

I'll upload one I took earlier when I get home that is closer to what I was thinking. Basically, I'm looking for crazy-stupid, like Charles Manson in cat-girl ears or Hitler with some Elton John glasses level of crazy-stupid. It's like when you look at a picture and it's a perfect visualization of ungodly insanity.....with that one little thing that makes you wonder wtf is happening and question what you just witnessed.

Which is my fault since I only requested bunny slippers, not bunny slippers....of DOOOOOOOM!!!!!

As for caving or not, it's worth it for the time spent until GW2 comes out. I was not expecting it to be this great, or anywhere near it. I'll try to roll a Dick Cheney-esque character later, I'm sure you can come close as long as it is known that the avatar will be in much better physical shape than IRL Cheney
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:49 PM

Starting to regret I havent picked this up lol
I'm not buying that at release either so I think I can hold off just... a bit... longer....

Give it another 3 weeks and you'll see nothing but bitching and an empty forum. You can last that long. Be strong.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 12:55:51 PM

I am starting to think that Funcom released this now exactly to give people two months of content before the big GW2 exodus, during which they will have time to complete new content to deliver after the first 2-3 months period of GW2 enthusiasm will be over.

Granted, this is not science, but everyone seems to agree that the actual content of Secret World, while stellar, is reasonably going to be consumed in a couple of months.

So honestly, I think this is the perfect time to get TSW. You will be done with it just in time for GW2 without feeling a bit dissatisfied or guilty.

This. TSW is amazing game,  if you dont get it now you will likely never get it as there will be GW2/ and whatever next  deified MMO incarnation to spend your time on. TSW is an original and  great  story MMO. Also quite playable (with a few annoying glitches and bugs but nothing too terrible, unless you are so OCD achievement monkey that you cant stand not be able to complete 2-3 quests out of a 100s)
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 01:02:30 PM

Can I roll Dick Cheney with a rifle and pop my friends?
Do you have friends?

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:18 PM

Starting to regret I havent picked this up lol

Give it another 3 weeks and you'll see nothing but bitching and an empty forum. You can last that long. Be strong.

Hah, I think I mentioned elsewhere that I'll be surprised if I play for longer than a month.  But, there might be enough content to just do that.  I play rather slow, but I compulsively blew through Kingsmouth.  Savage Coast is taking me a lot longer.

Eventually the bugs and wonky ass systems will get to me, but not before I hit some sort of content barrier.

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

Time to add to the derail! I was going to pass on this game completely, but my guildies were gushing about it so much that I took the plunge on launch day. Didn't regret it either - the entire quest/story setup is really well-made and fun, and the gameplay isn't bad either (though I do prefer GW2). It does play like a SP game with co-op (insert random SWTOR comment here), and IMO $60 for that isn't a bad deal. The game doesn't seem to be very alt-friendly the way SWTOR is (the clan storylines may be different, along with some commentary from your faction... but that's not that much), so 2 months should be plenty.

Of course :funcom:, so take everything said by anyone in this subforum with a bucketful of salt. And yeah, I hope you like random annoying quest bugs. why so serious?

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:17 PM

The game doesn't seem to be very alt-friendly

To be fair, the game doesn't really need alts when there aren't really multiple paths for storyline and characters can gain access to every ability/combo there is. I'm a total alt-whore and I barely even think about making an alt since if I want to play a different playstyle I just earn a quick 60-100ap and build a spec to toy around with as if ti was an alt. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if it was more alt-friendly, just the need isn't really there right now and may never be.

Hah, I think I mentioned elsewhere that I'll be surprised if I play for longer than a month.  But, there might be enough content to just do that.  I play rather slow, but I compulsively blew through Kingsmouth.  Savage Coast is taking me a lot longer.

Eventually the bugs and wonky ass systems will get to me, but not before I hit some sort of content barrier.
FWIW: I'm just finishing up the desert area and I haven't hit a content barrier outside of some mobs that were much higher than my QL (which even at QL4-5 in Blue Mountain I was in a duo where we could farm mobs that were QL8 or so near the mines, so most barriers can probably be overcome). First entering a new zone you feel like you just hit a new tier of content as it is a bit harder, but they transition fairly well. That said, SC taking you longer is understandable as the zones seem to take longer as you continue through the game. SC was fairly long (and the Carnival Heart), Blue Mountain took about the same amount of time (I soloed SC but duo'd most of BM which may be why it took the same amount of time as content was cleared faster), but the desert is longer than either of them by a good amount (did nothing but duo in the desert).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 01:43:33 PM

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Seriously, it's actually worth buying. To the point where I don't mind that my wife bought two copies when she meant to buy one.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:30 PM

Ingmar already has a bunch of shit to play, he can wait!  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:07 PM

I don't know how well they'll pull off an end game or whether it's just going to end as the questing runs out, but if I found the right guild and they come up with something to do, I could very well see myself sticking around for quite a while. I don't really mind the wonky funcom stuff, I dealt with that in AO. It's funcom, it's like buying an Italian car or scooter, you just put up with the quirks.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 02:12:08 PM

God, I love playing model...

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Be strong! I can't not buy this alone!
Someone already took the nickname of my beta character so NO SALE.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:14 PM

Be strong! I can't not buy this alone!
Someone already took the nickname of my beta character so NO SALE.
You've played how many mmo's and don't have 20 different handles to use?

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #52 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:20 PM

Wasn't entirely serious, but just can't really muster much interest in taking 'different' character through the same events. Like others said this game doesn't have much going when it comes to incentives for alts and/or replay value. My Illuminati and dragon characters barely made it past sheriff's office and even that only because there was some quests i didn't touch on the first char.

This is very much a YMMV thing, though -- i'm quite the same with single player MMOs, if there's no choices/branching in the story then i'm not interested in playing them more than once. No matter how many classes/species/genders/hairstyles is there to choose from.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:59:06 PM by tmp »
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 05, 2012, 03:35:10 PM

Any better? (not me)

This isn't quote up to the craziness level I was aiming for, but it's getting closer to that crazy-ass flasher/pyscho type of character where you're not sure if this guy will ask for a smoke, talk about government conspiracies, or try to rob a bank with a shotgun and giant mace....in bunny slippers. Unfortunately (usually fortunately, except in this case) I can't find any hotpants or some old 1950's swim-trunks for guys that would help this dumb look I'm going for.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 04:32:29 AM

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 02:45:58 PM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 07, 2012, 03:15:59 PM

Do you see a gun holster or something?

<peers at the picture>

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #57 on: July 07, 2012, 03:22:35 PM

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
patience
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 03:31:56 PM

This. TSW is amazing game,  if you dont get it now you will likely never get it as there will be GW2/ and whatever next  deified MMO incarnation to spend your time on. TSW is an original and  great  story MMO. Also quite playable (with a few annoying glitches and bugs but nothing too terrible, unless you are so OCD achievement monkey that you cant stand not be able to complete 2-3 quests out of a 100s)

I'm not ready to agree with this. TSW actually feels like a game where you don't mind seeing low populations. This is the type of MMO that feels like anyone could pick it up anytime until the graphics start to show their age in 2 years.

OP is assuming its somewhat of a design-goal of eve to make players happy.
this is however not the case.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 07:44:40 PM

An action pose with my new shot gun.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 11:11:31 PM

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 08, 2012, 01:25:17 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #62 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:12 AM

Fiancee calls him Tim Calhoun.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #63 on: July 08, 2012, 03:30:08 PM

Spoilered for size:

Is there a word for falling in love with your own char? I wish I was that suave-looking in real life...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:32:02 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 10:35:23 PM

Everyone says I do a good job of making characters that look like me, though my character has a lot more money than I do...

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 09, 2012, 03:37:58 AM

Is there a word for falling in love with your own char? I wish I was that suave-looking in real life...

Where did you get the "Ellis" costume?
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Well after chatting a bit with Reborne figured I'd just go ahead and post myself as well.

Oh and Palmer, males and females get different item shops so I'm afraid that coat Calapine is wearing isn't available to you.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 05:16:02 AM

Actually I'm almost tempted to make a female character just to play with dressing them up, as I think it might be even more fun than it is with a male.

I've played a female character in an MMO once before, in the Matrix Online (for the same reason - they had cooler clothes) and it was a bit of a revelation. There was no harassment, but the number of people who asked me if I was female in real life . . . and you could sense the disappointment when I explained I was not.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 05:30:32 AM

What is that green jacket? Some kind of Dragon reward? Or cash shop item? (Please tell me its available in Templar red)

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:08 AM

There's a site with some comprehensive-ish clothing info/screenshots:
Female clothes from the shop
Cloth pieces you get from missions/achievements/etc

Ontopic: I tried to make a Scary Russian character, but ended up with something closer to Adam Jensen instead. I never asked for this!  ACK!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  
Jump to: