Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch notes on TEST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch notes on TEST  (Read 26028 times)
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 07:38:34 AM

Last nights patch:

Tarib
Senior Community Manager
  • Fixed an issue that caused custom chat tabs to stop updating and show no new messages after zoning to another playfield
  • Corrected an issue that players sometimes couldn't correctly subscribe to certain chat channels

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1327274&postcount=3

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:07 AM

Update notes for version 1.2
Update version 1.2 Notes
**These notes do not necessarily reflect the final version that will be deployed on Live**

GENERAL
* London - Fixed the hat vendor's voices to match their genders.
* Tabula Rasa - Gave some npcs more health. Players can now use active dodge in this playfield.
* Pangaea mannequins no longer have (U) use tooltips.
* Corrected several visual issues with clothing.
* Player is no longer able to get stuck between the bookcase and a chair in Dracula's Castle.

ABILITIES
* Assault Rifle - The tooltip for Leeching Frenzy will now correctly state that the beneficial effect has a duration of 4 seconds.
* Assault Rifle - Anima Outbreak now specifies the number of friendly targets healed per enemy target hit.
* Assault Rifle - Tactical Retreat grenade will now damage targets.
* Assault Rifle - Tactical Retreat will no longer go on cooldown if it can't be used (eg. if you have a cliff behind you).
* Assault Rifle - High Explosive Grenade's tooltip now reflects that it does more damage to Afflicted targets
* Assault Rifle - Frag Grenade now does area damage when used with 4 and 5 resources.
* Assault Rifle - Lucky Bullet's tooltip now reflects that the effect happens on the 7th attack, not on the 8th attack.
* Assault Rifle - The tooltip for Shellshocker now correctly states that it hits every 0.25 seconds instead of every 0.3 seconds.
* Assault Rifle - Fixed an issue with Demolition, Man.
* Assault Rifle - The tooltip for Leeching Frenzy will now correctly state that the beneficial effect has a duration of 4 seconds.
* Assault Rifle - Anima Outbreak now specifies the number of friendly targets healed per enemy target hit.
* Blood - Gaian Exposure's buff is now correctly named "Gaian Exposure".
* Blood - Updated Blood Pact tooltip for barrier with numeric information (absorption rate and amount).
* Elementalism - Aidelon : Reduced the critical chance bonus on Afflicted targets with Blaze from 100% to 40%.
* Elementalism - The damage buff from Short Fuse is now consistent whether the caster is in a group or not.
* Elementalism - Group mates will receive the Short Fuse buff when a group member casts it.
* Fist - Hog Wild now only effects NPCs located within the specific cone effect area.
* Fist - Lick Your Wounds' healing ticks are no longer able to crit.
* Fist - Using Anima Burst will now increment stacks of Hot Iron.
* Hammer - Updated tooltip of Blowout to display proper health increase %.
* Pistols - Big Bang will now actually trigger each time each time a manifestation, turret, or drone deals damage.
* Pistols - Critical Help will only trigger when a manifestation, turret, or drone is summoned.
* Pistols - Win-win will now affect the caster and cleanse the correct number of detrimental effects.
* Shotgun - Smart Bomb: Reduced placement range to normal shotgun range.
* Shotgun - Bomb Squad: Reduced placement range to normal shotgun range.
* Shotgun - Riot Act will now show the advanced tooltip when the Show Advanced Tooltip option is selected.
* Do or Die no longer has a brief delay after activating it.

DUNGEONS
* Wallachian nightmare dungeons give an increased amount of Black Bullion.
* The Slaughterhouse - Aleksei-Chetyre should now die immediately when reaching 0 health.
* Darkness War Nightmare: Wayeb-Xul: The duration of the stun applied by Concuss is now slightly shorter.
* Darkness War Nightmare: Wayeb-Xul now pauses his combat a few seconds after casting Concuss.
* The Facility - Anima Control Rod beams should no longer flicker.

ITEMS
* Healing signets will now trigger on the correct target.
* Signet of Castigation will now have a visual indicator when active.
* Fixed an issue with Signet of Ablation not activating properly.
* Fixed an issue with Signet of Equilibrium not applying properly.
* Penetration kickbacks will now trigger correctly.
* Black Mark of the Morrigan now correctly applies Flurry of Feathers from all heals, including blood magic barriers that have a direct healing component.
* Players can now create moulds with weapons such as Taipan's Last Resort and Soul Crusher.
* The clothing item Atenist Garb no longer causes the player's eyebrows to change color to orange.
* Fixed the name of the ability cast by the Fragmentation grenade, now named "Fragmentation Grenade".

MISSIONS
* Into Darkness - Illuminati : You will now be able to continue if you skip the road flares and proceed to the meeting point in the dark.

The Savage Coast
* Carter Unleashed - It is no longer possible to get stuck in the generators in the basement.

The Blue Mountain
* The Media pop up for tier 4 of The Orochi Group mission should now be localized.
* Dreamcatcher - Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the goal "Find a Wabanaki Guide's feather" after pausing and unpausing the quest.
* Bitter Servants can no longer attack players through walls in the Franklin Mansion and can no longer pass through walls.
* Fixed an issue in pathfinding near the Franklin Mansion staircase where NPCs would end up under the stairs or on the above floor.

The Scorched Desert
* Old Gods, New Tricks - Mission dynel used to spy has been renamed to Spy on Tanis.

NPCs
* Blue Mountain soldier's arms now match the color of the rest of their skin.
* Blue Mountain - Fixed the respawn times on the Ellri Lords and Brood Mothers in the Quarry.
* Reanimated Warrior's XX_Mesopotamian Snare cast is now named "Halting approach".
* Ellri Destroyers' XX_Attract Zombie cast is now named "Undead attraction".

Lots of ability fixes.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 04:42:29 AM

Elementalism - Aidelon : Reduced the critical chance bonus on Afflicted targets with Blaze from 100% to 40%.

Lots of people are going to be rethinking their setups I imagine.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 05:35:28 AM

Elementalism - Aidelon : Reduced the critical chance bonus on Afflicted targets with Blaze from 100% to 40%.

Lots of people are going to be rethinking their setups I imagine.

Well it was bound to happen. Seems like nearly every ranged DPS build (including mine awesome, for real) is Blaze spam right now. Still 40% on top of whatever crit chance you already have isn't insignificant. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed further.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 05:59:26 AM

It's a good change. Spent some time with Segoris in the crucible, first parsing the cookie cutter blaze build, than trying to come up with non-ele alternatives. Result was obvious: Blaze was unbeatable, that included my "awesome" idea of abusing the hell out of blood magic ability to cast consumers from your own health (and receive a 10.5% damage bonus while the DOT is active). Spoiler: I died, DPS was below Blaze-spam.

Like, Tyrnan said, it's still an awesome ability: High damage and exploits affiliated, the easiest debuff to main permanently and what other passive beats out a +40% crit chance on your main nuke?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:21:56 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 07:59:08 AM

Spoiler: I died

While I felt bad since I was looking at the ability wheel, it was funny as hell why so serious?

* Elementalism - Aidelon : Reduced the critical chance bonus on Afflicted targets with Blaze from 100% to 40%.
* Elementalism - Group mates will receive the Short Fuse buff when a group member casts it.
* Fist - Lick Your Wounds' healing ticks are no longer able to crit.

These are the things which stuck out most to me. As mentioned the Blaze build will not be dead but it will be in line with others. I don't expect it to be nerfed more, if Funcom was good about this they'd actually increase it a bit to around 50-60%. Without that 100% crit build, Ele builds (that I've tested as well as read about and seen parses for) don't compare to some pistol or hammer builds. Glad I already started trying to build a pistol/shotgun build (was parsing about 1k [iirc] dps on dummies without weakness debuff from chaos, which was about 250-300 dps lower than my Blaze build, granted I wasn't geared for the pistol/shotgun and didn't have all the passives though, still messing with rotation, etc etc).

The Short Fuse fix is huge though. Currently all the bonus is going to the person who casts short fuse (or something along those lines), so this will be great to have fixed

The lick your wounds not-critting will hurt builds like Tyrnan's survival build which relies on empowerment and quite likely some dps survival builds (which could be fun with, I haven't tried one). I'm not a fan of that. I'd rather they just make empowerment scale better with higher healing power and worse with lower healing power, or do an ICD per player, but Funcom being :funcom: that probably wouldn't work too well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:09:43 AM by Segoris »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 08:10:41 AM

Welp, there went my criticality chain build.  Anyone know offhand another ability that guarentees consistent critical hits?
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 08:12:39 AM

The Short Fuse fix is huge though. Currently all the bonus is going to the person who casts short fuse (or something along those lines), so this will be great to have fixed
I had no idea about that! swamp poop

The lick your wounds not-critting will hurt builds like Tyrnan's survival build which relies on empowerment and quite likely some dps survival builds (which could be fun with, I haven't tried one). I'm not a fan of that. I'd rather they just make empowerment scale better with higher healing power and worse with lower healing power, or do an ICD per player, but Funcom being :funcom: that probably wouldn't work too well.
Won't affect me one bit, Lick Your Wounds didn't proc Empowerment any way (it would be grossly OP if it did!)  wink
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:30 AM

That will still be the highest chance to crit.

The other options that I know of would be a more cookie-cutter blade build based on penetration with Clearing the Path. Otherwise you might be able to work out something with Molten Steel + Metal Work, and No Mercy from Maces

Both options (maybe there are more, such as something with burst attacks and trying to hit the crit once per second and proc effects as fast as they can if it can work for you) are still weak compared to the nerfed Blaze/Aidelon

Fake Edit:
Won't affect me one bit, Lick Your Wounds didn't proc Empowerment any way (it would be grossly OP if it did!)  wink

I did not know that, now I'm curious as to why if other heals which dps can use will proc it
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 08:20:19 AM

Welp, there went my criticality chain build.  Anyone know offhand another ability that guarentees consistent critical hits?

I think the only other guaranteed crit ability is Elemental Force at 7. I use Mad Skills and glyph mainly for crit in my DPS gear and it seems fairly effective. On a related note, does anyone know if the crit buff from Social Dynamo affects the person using the skill as well? It says "all group members" but well, this is FunCom. Was thinking of working it into a crit strike build for grouping.

Edit:
Fake Edit:

I did not know that, now I'm curious as to why if other heals which dps can use will proc it
I'm guessing it's because it's so easy to apply. There was another instance where I was fighting mobs that put a debuff on you which got cleansed whenever you healed. Lick Your Wounds didn't remove that either but Immortal Spirit and the healing from Martial Discipline with the Regeneration passive did.

And we're getting off-topic for the thread, should probably continue this in the power sets thread.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:28:49 AM by Tyrnan »
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 04:40:49 AM

Update version 1.1.2 Notes
**These notes do not necessarily reflect the final version that will be deployed on Live**

GENERAL
* Removed the need to chew tacos - they can now be consumed in under a second. Note: We cannot be held responsible for choking or other health risks related to rapid food consumption.
* Improved the cast and cooldown times on the Faction Mark items.
* Using Faction Marks will not put players in combat anymore.
* Fixed an error when trying to connect to Facebook.
* Fixed an issue where some characters could not authenticate with the chat server.

DUNGEONS
* Polaris - The Ur-Draug will now do a line of sight check after agroing a character to make sure he can actually see that character. If not, he'll resume patrolling.
* The Ankh - Reduced the health of Melothat by 20%.

MISSIONS
Kingsmouth
* The Pick-Up - One of the 3 doors will always allow the player to pass through to the other side.

Blue Mountain
* Detritus Prime: Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the mission Detritus Prime.

The Savage Coast
* Ami Legend - The Tenebrous Brood Ravager should now always spawn during tier 2.

The Shadowy Forest
* Last Dance of the Padurii - Tier 3 - Capturing Music Essence from spirits must now be done individually if players are to receive the Humming Box correctly. As such, team credit for these goals are now disabled.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 08:42:09 AM

Fuck yes for tacos!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 09:50:35 AM

Where the hell do I get tacos?

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 09:58:41 AM

In London is a merchant (demon avatar), kind of out of the way I believe near the fight club area. 100pax each, well worth it

If you buy them now, disassemble them in the craft window for nachos and they're instant (not the 5s cast which is what's being removed in the patch).
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 10:20:47 AM

I am amused that you can disassemble tacos into nachos.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:02 AM

Pretty sure I saw tacos on the concierge at Tabula Rasa as well?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 11:51:37 AM

DUNGEONS
* A new, more attractive and less cluttered buff marker for Nightmare dungeon timers has been added. This is purely visual, and doesn't change how the system works at all.

Hell Fallen
* Ascendant ninjas have gone back to ninja school and learned how not to run away.

The Facility
* Soviet laser targeting systems have been upgraded. Lasers will no longer follow you back to the Anima Well.

MISSIONS
* Fixed an issue which caused some players to be unable to move after watching a cinematic in the Virgula Divina mission.

City of the Sun God
* Halls of Lost Records: Resolved an issue preventing players from interacting with the nodes

GENERAL
* Fixed an issue where flying NPCs would slide across the ground.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 04:40:05 PM

More 1.2 notes from TestLive...

GENERAL
  • Slightly optimized client memory usage.
  • Athletic Hoodie, blue should now appear correctly in the players Dressing Room after purchase.
  • Turrets will turn to their original rotation after combat and when they deactivate.
  • A new Anima Well can be found in the vicinity of the Lair area in Shadowy Forest.
  • The Magna Cum Laude achievement should now always be achievable.
  • Players are now unable to accept dungeon teleports before reaching Jack Boone in Kingsmouth, to prevent an issue where your character could become totally unable to progress.
  • Adjusted the animation of running while using a cellphone.
  • Fixed an issue where the Shirt and Tie would clip through your equipped jacket.
  • Each lair now has a "warning area" encircling it.
  • On the London map, the spelling of "Ealdwich alley" as been changed to "Ealdwych Alley".
  • The first implementation of Ockham's Razor barber shop is now in London.
  • The first implementation of the plastic surgeon's shop, Modern Prometheus, is now in New York.

COMBAT

• Assault Rifles - Updated the tooltip for Groundwork to state that up to 5 friendly targets will be affected. Improved Groundwork will affect the same number of targets.
  • Assault Rifles - Anima Outbreak now specifies the number of friendly targets healed per enemy target hit.
  • Assault Rifles - The tooltip for Leeching Frenzy will now correctly state that the beneficial effect has a duration of 4 seconds.
  • Elementalism - Blaze is now affected by Seal the Deal.
  • Elementalism - Final Fuse passive ability now correctly improves the buff from Short Fuse.
  • Fists - Nuture, Cauterise and Shelter will now trigger Adrenalise.
  • Fists - Vigour can now critically heal.
  • Turn the Tables and The Scarlet Arts will build counters on Hot Iron.
  • Turn the Tables updated to indicate that it is not affected by any heal increasing effects.
  • Pistols - Win-win will now affect the caster and cleanse the correct number of detrimental effects.
  • Pistols - Mad Skills will now trigger when critically healing.
  • Shotgun - Shotgun Damage Skill attack will now appear in the combat message window as CQC instead of Point Blank.
  • Hammers - The tooltip of Epicentre has been updated to say that it creates a damage area around the targets of the caster's attacks.

DUNGEONS
  • The Facility - Anima Control Rod beams should no longer flicker.
  • Darkness War Nightmare - Wayeb-Xul: The duration of the stun applied by Concuss is now slightly shorter.
  • Darkness War Nightmare - Wayeb-Xul now pauses his combat a few seconds after casting Concuss.
  • The Ankh - A particle now plays on the target and Doctor Klein right before he casts Dreaming Shroud.
  • The Ankh - Added tier and goal text in the mission journal for Pandora's Box and Pandora's Box Revisited.
  • The Slaughterhouse dungeon has been rebalanced extensively. The dungeon is now significantly harder.
  • Generic pets are now disabled in dungeons.

GUI
  • Players can now equip an 8th active/passive ability!
        - This is reserved only for auxiliary abilities
        - Auxiliary abilities cannot be placed in the other 7 slots.
        - Added hotkey support for 8th ability.
        - NOTE : Auxiliary weapons are enabled via a mission that is currently not in this version on Testlive yet!
  • Fixed an issue with the gear manager swapping builds with similar weapons.
  • Tradepost : The tradepost search no longer returns with items that are already sold.
  • The equip button has been replaced by a reassign button for abilities already equipped.
  • Improved the mission tracker visuals and feedback.
  • Cabals - Added a new permission to cabals (Can Withdraw Items).
  • Cabals - You can now invite other players to your cabal even if they are not in your area.
  • Made the gui of states and resources a bit easier to understand.
  • Added burst as a subtype in ability search.
  • Fixed target decal option not saving properly.
  • Crafting - Assembly window should now never open without text on the assembly button.
  • The ingame browser should no longer crash when a download link is opened (it will rather just be ignored).

ITEMS
  • Cost of purchasing Glyphs from the PvP vendors has been significantly reduced.
  • Cost of purchasing Venice Glyph Upgrade Toolkit has been significantly reduced.
  • Cost of purchasing Venice Talisman Upgrade Toolkit has been significantly reduced.
  • Auxiliary Weapon Mould: Original now for sale from vendors.
  • Auxiliary Weapon Mould: Gold-Plated now for sale from vendors.
  • Auxiliary casting toolkit now for sale from vendors.
  • Auxiliary weapon mould blueprints now have a chance to drop from all Nightmare bosses.
  • Adjusted Signet of Order to behave more like its description.
  • Signet of Temperance should now trigger properly.
  • Plethron Epipens will now behave more consistently.
  • Fixed spelling mistakes in several signets.

MISSIONS
  • Dawning of an Endless Night: Correct instance name will appear when attempting to enter Illuminati Archives.
  • Hub cities - The player is now unable to leave the training rooms until the weapon missions are complete.
  • Fixed an issue which caused some players to be unable to move after watching a cinematic in the Virgula Divina mission.
  • To Catch a Thief - Goalmarker now guides the player back to the instance on the 'follow the agent into Agartha' step.
  • Total Eclipse - Headlamp is now removed from inventory upon mission completion.

Kingsmouth
  • Testlive only - Unlocked some missions that were incorrectly locked (leftover from the beta).
  • The Pick-Up - Adjusted the trigger areas for this escort mission.
  • Floater - Lost Drone can now be spawned by other players after someone else already spawned it.
  • It takes Two to Tango - Tango should automatically respawn after it despawns either from mission completion or failure.

The Blue Mountain
  • The Filth Amendment - The waypoint for finding Subject-Zero among the prisoners has been increased slightly in radius.
  • Dreamcatcher - The mapmarkers for the Ancestral nightmares have been adjusted to better reflect the location.
  • Dreamcatcher - Fixed an issue that could cause the mission to not complete correctly.
  • The Orochi Group - The Poisonous Smoke can now be prevented by wearing the hazmat suit (from the Up in Flames mission).
  • The Filth - The Media pop up in Tier 2 should now be localized in the quest journal.
  • His Master's Voice - French and German version of pages should appear in journal.

The Savage Coast
  • Bring it Bach - Camera effect appears when the camera is used.
  • Jack's Back - Jack will reliably spawn after killing the 3 revenants in Tier 3.
  • Ami Legend - Fixed an issue where the encounter would sometimes break if you died during tier 2.
  • The Exterminator - Burrows can be attacked by melee attacks.

The Scorched Desert
  • Interacting with the Altar of Learning during Tier 1 of the mission The High Cost of Dying inside the Ancient Marya Atheneum will now properly complete the mission goal.
  • Leaving the Ancient Marya Artheneum during the mission The High Cost of Dying in The Scorched Desert will no longer block the mission from progressing through Tier 2.

City of the Sun God
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the players from completing the mission The 3rd Age if it was paused during Tier 3.

The Shadowy Forest
  • Players should no longer find oddly placed object interaction labels around the playfield.
  • Mortal Sins - The Water of Life pouring should no longer appear to cut abruptly.
  • The Draculesti - The Goal Marker for the Photograph Fungal Incubators should now be more accurate.
  • The Amazing Brothers Blaga - The Electric Hazards debuffs in the area should no longer display placeholder text.
  • Fatal Framing - The Camera should now be removed from the player's inventory when they are not currently on the mission, or if they have completed it.
  • Respawn timers for standard monster population have been increased around The Shadowy Forest.

The Besieged Farmlands
  • Ripples - The Herald of Sorrow won't disappear anymore if summoned while the summoner is outside of the circle.
  • Moved General Rodica slightly to prevent him from floating.
  • The Lone Wolf won't be lazy anymore, it will stand up and use its correct fight animations.
  • Added collision to Slave Dog Gladiators and Slave Dog Trackers in the Besieged Farmlands.

The Carpathian Fangs
  • Improved pathfinding in The Breach.
  • Mob respawn times in Carpathian Fangs have been adjusted.
  • Breached - The Orochi message triggered from the terminal now plays to completion in all languages.

PVP
  Fusang Projects
  • East, South and West Facilities are now classified as "Outer Facilities"
  • Centre Facility is now classified as "Inner Facility".
  • Outer Facility buffs do not stack, meaning you only get the buff from one of them.
  • To get the max buff from Fusang Projects, you now need to control 1 Outer Facility and 1 Inner Facility.
Genev
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 04:51:54 PM

I had no idea about that! swamp poop
Yes! I thought i saw Short Fuse working properly earlier today!
(Also, hello)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:02 PM

ITEMS
    • Cost of purchasing Glyphs from the PvP vendors has been significantly reduced.
    • Cost of purchasing Venice Glyph Upgrade Toolkit has been significantly reduced.
    • Cost of purchasing Venice Talisman Upgrade Toolkit has been significantly reduced.

Dammit Funcom.  This would have been useful information a few hours ago.[/list]
    Nevermore
    Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:31 PM

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see 'Fixed chat so it doesn't suck'.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
    Segoris
    Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 07:49:56 AM

More 1.2 notes from TestLive...

Great items except I'm unsure how I feel about the Fusang changes. If the max buff means equal to what is currently the max buff, you only need inner and outter then great - especially since that makes it easier for losing factions to have a better buff than what they have right now. If the max buff is reduced to what is currently equal to holding two facilities (if I understand the scaling correctly) then that kind of sucks, since I like having a shitload of free +hit from a buff

Dammit Funcom.  This would have been useful information a few hours ago.[/list]
      That does suck

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see 'Fixed chat so it doesn't suck'.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nope, it will still suck but atleast it's mostly functional (for the better majority afaik) right now unlike a couple weeks back. I don't know when you played last, but right now the only issue I ever have is group chat not subscribing to custom tabs when I join a new group.

Yes! I thought i saw Short Fuse working properly earlier today!
      (Also, hello)

You are a very excited person! Hi and welcome Gen!  why so serious?
      I hadn't been able to test it yet that I remember, so I'm glad to hear the short fuse fix is working.
      calapine
      Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 02:24:16 PM

Update to the 1.2 Patchnotes:

PVP

Fusang Projects
       * New missions have been added in the playfield.
       * The mechanic for capturing a Facilty has changed. Players will now need to defend the Facility for 10 minutes before it change hands.

Good change. Should result in more actual fights, rather than constant facility swapping.

Threash
      Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 03:27:36 PM

10 minutes is kinda crazy though, on huldra Templars have a massive numbers advantage almost all of the time, holding anything 10 minutes is unheard off.

I am the .00000001428%
      Segoris
      Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 03:38:55 PM

Yeah, and 10minutes of sitting defending in what was a faster paced facility trading zone, not a fan.

I like that they're trying to get people to defend it and create the possiblity of more large fights, but I don't think this is the right way.
      Miasma
      Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

That's a terrible change, templar will always have all the objectives on my server now.  The only way it will change hands if they allow it, so that they can take it back and get their marks.  Basically means there is no reason to go to fusang now.
      Threash
      Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 06:30:20 PM

This is Illum all over again.  You can't reward taking something, otherwise you just have people trading back and forth.  You can't reward holding something, that just makes the big faction even more powerful and the other/s give up.  Reward participation, that's the only thing ever shown to work.

I am the .00000001428%
      Dren
      Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:40 AM

Sitting around for 10 minutes to get an objective??!!  You know how long that will feel if nobody is actually trying to take it back?  Terrible.
      Outlawedprod
      Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 02:35:32 PM

Ingmar
      Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 02:36:44 PM

Around half of the company's personnel have been affected

ACK!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
      Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
      Threash
      Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 03:13:10 PM

Is there anything in those notes about making my talismans not unequip themselves anymore?

I am the .00000001428%
      Segoris
      Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 03:37:19 PM

Kitsune
      Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 03:58:15 PM

Yep, that bodes well for continued development for this game.   swamp poop
      Venkman
      Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 08:30:03 PM

No idea how this applies, but at least they did say "the company is focusing on retaining as many as possible on the production teams."

Sux though. Great game. Just didn't hit whatever (probably inflated) internal metrics they thought they needed.

Is there anything in those notes about making my talismans not unequip themselves anymore?
      That was annoying. Seemed like each time I would log in, I'd need to redo my Gear sets to remind them that the set included the Tailsmans...
      calapine
      Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

Around half of the company's personnel have been affected, with some departments being more affected than others.

God, that's a big bummer.

Edit: Wow, even the german community manager of 5 years was laid off. Who was an awesome guy btw, what other community manage uses a Rainer Maria Rilke poem as hook for his "welcome to the forum" post.

Edit2: Here is some Rilke for everyone:

Autumn Day

A lofty summer! Lord, it's time to lay
       encroaching shadows on the sundials now
       and let in meadowlands the winds have sway.

Command the fruits to fullness and consign
       another two more days of southern heat
       to bring them to perfection and secrete
       the last of sweetness into bodied wine.

He who has no house will not rebuild,
       and he who is alone will long stay so,
       and wake to read, write endlessly, and go
       up and down through avenues now filled
       with leaves and restlessness, blown to and fro.

Heart Heartbreak
      « Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:17:09 PM by calapine »

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
      f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch notes on TEST  
      Jump to: