Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Longmire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Longmire  (Read 10123 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:14 PM

Anybody else watching this?

It's rather good. The wife and I thought it would be Justified with an older protagonist. It's surprisingly not that.

The title character is refreshingly deep and the support cast is solid. Especially Starbuck and Lou Diamond I'm-Filipino-but-I-pass-for-native-american-easily.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:17:39 AM

I've watched the first three episodes now, and am enjoying it. I don't even hate the other wannabe-sheriff, which was my fear after the first episode.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

I like it. I must admit that I found it because one of the nerd boards in my rss feed was working the Katee Sackhoff angle.

Robert Taylor (Walt Longmire) is Australian. He played one of the Agents in The Matrix.

If you watch the show on the A and E website, they bleep out the profanity.

It took me a little while to figure out that there is no such place as Absaroka County, Wyoming. Or Durant, Wyoming, for that matter.

I guess they shoot this show on location in New Mexico. Apparently that's less costly than actually going to Wyoming. It's still beautiful scenery. The setting is a character in an of itself.

If you believe Wikipedia, Lou Diamond Phillips is a serious mutt, and actually does have a little Cherokee ancestry.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:45 AM

Impressive guest casting the past couple of weeks.

Last week's episode, which I am calling "the one with the bear", featured Peter Weller as Branch's uncle (and the former Sheriff). Weller also directed the episode.

This week, Gerald McRaney guest stars as Branch's father. Election time must be coming up soon, with all of these Connally relatives coming out of the woodwork.

(edit: spelling)

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:20 AM

Peter weller is looking really gaunt in his old age but he was excellent in that episode.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:33 PM

Season 2. This shit gets better and better.

Henry is a badass.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:45 AM

This is back.  It really is good and it's something different.  Orange is the New Black is back, too, but I didn't want to wake up another ancient thread.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 02:01:24 PM

This season started well and hasn't stopped being good.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 09:17:26 PM

Still good.  I wish it wasn't on quite so late though.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:26 AM

That season finale though...

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 08:23:29 AM

Don't you just want to see that crazy sonuvabitch dead though?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 10:14:20 AM

Randomly came across this on Netflix and pretty surprised how good the few first episodes in.  Surprised I never heard about it until now.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 11:34:01 AM

They didn't show the body yet again though, so I'm expecting it to go down differently than they're leading us to believe.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:07 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 08:29:21 AM

That is, of course, if they renew it.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:11 AM

I was super amused when walt and his deputy go into the bar both are bleeding and bloodied up and being really stoic when anybody asks them anything even when his daughter is looking at them like  ACK!.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 06:26:09 PM

Cancelled.

Reason:  Viewers are too old.

Mob
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 06:51:58 PM

That is seriously sad times.  I hope netflix picks his up with as heavily as they were pushing the first few seasons.
Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Heartbreak Son of a....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

I really liked the earlier episodes and even though they started to put too convoluted (overall) plots with too much happening to too many people at the same time into the later episodes it was still something to enjoy.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 07:13:54 AM

I think I mostly enjoyed this, not just for the story and characters, but because it felt nostalgic.  When I was little my parents used to watch westerns all the time.  Especially my mother.  I've met a lot of older Europeans who are just crazy mad for them.  There was a channel that showed nothing but cowboy films and reruns of western tv series.  I sort of grew up with that.  In fact, until I was around 9 or 10, I wanted to be a cowboy when I grew up.  After that, I wanted to be a potato.  Anyway, I thought it was a bit of old time entertainment that didn't make me ponder. 

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 07:08:23 PM

Fuck you, A&E. I sat through that shitshow you called a last season of Mad Men, you keep a bunch of fake fucking rednecks around and you can't give us thinking people this ONE THING??? I say again, fuck you.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 11:44:56 AM

So is Branch or his dad dead?

I have never played WoW.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 02:33:39 PM

So is Branch or his dad dead?

They are the schoedingers family.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 06:40:34 PM

I'd have to say his dad.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:06 PM

I'd have to say his dad.

That was my assumption too even though the cutaway suggests otherwise.

I have never played WoW.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 12:15:45 AM

Beating a Dead Horse

Netflix Signs Season Four Return.  
I'm glad and looking forward to seeing another season of this especially since I can just binge-watch it once it's released by Netflix. awesome, for real

edit: wow, somehow I managed to miss this news when it was actually new(s) and now just stumbled on it and didn't even notice how old it was (so sorry for the unnecessary necro). Atleast the premiere is less than a month from now on Sept. 10 to make this somewhat relevant.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:21:07 AM by satael »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 07:06:37 AM

Oh, good.  My sister LOVES this series.  I like it, too. 

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 10:23:59 AM

That is seriously sad times.  I hope netflix picks his up with as heavily as they were pushing the first few seasons.

Yay, I'm glad I was right now :D
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:01 AM

That was fucked up.  How can they leave a cliff hanger like that when we don't even know if there will be another season?  My sister is srsly stressed about it.  hehehe.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:45 AM

That was fucked up.  How can they leave a cliff hanger like that when we don't even know if there will be another season?  My sister is srsly stressed about it.  hehehe.

I agree, the ending was all kinds of cliffhangers. I also felt that the writing for this season was somewhat less than what I expected but all in all it was still entertaining especially for the first half of the season.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:20 PM

Yeah, it felt rushed, didn't it?  Still, it's something different and it's not overly soap-opera-y, an element to a lot of new-ish series that I find tedious.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 07:33:48 AM

Renewed for season 5. Which is a good thing I guess especially considering how season 4 ended (if that had been the end of the series it would have been a big disappointment).
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 07:06:01 AM

Does the writing for season 4 get better?

Cause the first 2-3 episodes were utter trash.  I'm hoping it's trash because they didn't want the whole season consumed by the Branch murder and wanted it tie it up ASAP to setup for a better arc....
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 06:42:02 PM

Well stuck with it to the end of the season.  It seems like I was right, the writing in the first 2-3 episodes was poor so they could get rid of that storyline, the rest of the season was good.

Except ending on that cliffhanger
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Longmire  
Jump to: