Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel  (Read 20033 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 07:55:16 AM

Is there an f13 Templar cabal?  I know Illuminati has Bat Country and Dragon has Butterfly Country.

If not, Chiroptera Country?  Bee Country?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:04 AM

FLEDERMAUSLAND
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:11 AM

Is there an f13 Templar cabal?  I know Illuminati has Bat Country and Dragon has Butterfly Country.

If not, Chiroptera Country?  Bee Country?

BEE COUNTRY!!!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 09:08:08 AM

I like Bee Country, and I'm a Templar. I'd be down with a Templar cabal.

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 09:33:49 AM

Butterfly Country is waaay better!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:30 AM

I admit I laughed my arse off when Ard invited me out of nowhere.  It's perfect for Dragon.

(Actually, a title inspired by a drug-induced romp is appropriate for Illuminati, too, but Butterfly Country amuses me so much more.)

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 09:52:09 AM

Another thing I like is how easy it is to change guild name. We started out as Not Bat Country since it wouldn't let us have Dragon Country. The Leanan (Sephoris) said we ought to be Butterfly Country and it's a simple edit on the guild screen.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:42 AM

I admit I laughed my arse off when Ard invited me out of nowhere.  It's perfect for Dragon.

(Actually, a title inspired by a drug-induced romp is appropriate for Illuminati, too, but Butterfly Country amuses me so much more.)

I didn't invite you.  I haven't seen you on since we made it, because I've been too busy to play during the evenings the last few days.  I blame the Illuminati.

Or if I did invite you, and am that addled, I blame the Templars.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 03:50:11 PM

Bee Country has been created. For Templars. I'll invite anyone in my friend list who is a Templar and is online at any given point. Feel free to ignore me, tell me to buzz off (  why so serious? ) or anything else.

Also, I hate hierarchies, so I vote for everyone on the same level until someone performs a takeover and steals everything in the Cabal Bank.

So, to sum it up, at the moment and while waiting for the custom f13 chat channel to start working again, we have 3 f13 "Bat Country" guilds, one per faction.

Butterfly Country, Dragon Faction.
Bat Country, Illuminati Faction.
Bee Country, Templar Faction.

EDIT: messed up factions.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:09:37 PM by Falconeer »

Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:46 PM

Bat Country, Dragon Faction.
Butterfly Country, Illuminati Faction.
Bee Country, Templar Faction.
Butterfly Country is the Dragon cabal with 7 members at the moment. Oh and you're not going crazy Ard, that was me inviting Lantyssa though I say we blame the Lumies anyway.
Bat Country is the Illuminati cabal.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:45 AM

From the Community Manager:

So, first, my apologies. I should have popped in here sooner to let you know I was still working on the case! But, I didn't, and for that I am sorry. I didn't mean for this thread to go so long without an answer, and I thank those of you that shot me PMs to bring my attention back.

There's just so much going on - but that's no excuse as well.  

Onto the meaty part of the post! In regards to the /say and /shout issues, these have been fixed on Testlive. And the fix is included in patch 1.1. HOWEVER, I am not confirming, in any way, that this issue will be fixed after 1.1 is implemented. This is because there's always a possibility that something occurs during the patching process, and things have to get removed/stuff changes (clearly I'm a techno-genius btw). So, while I can say that there's a very, very, very good chance that the /say and /shout issues will be fixed in 1.1, I'm not guaranteeing it. This is because if I do, some mystical power will break everything all at once, and I'm not going to be the one responsible for that.

No, seriously, we all have talismans to prevent those little fate goblins from entering the office.

That's all I have for an update at this time. Hopefully there will be more fixes coming, and I will keep you updated as I get them. I can confirm that they are well aware of the other issues plaguing chat right now (constantly having to rejoin channels, etc) and are working on fixing them. I will let you know as I hear/see more!  

And again, thank you for your amazing patience and understanding. I know this is very frustrating for everyone, and we thank you for bearing with us.

Amber "Morteia" Skinner
Community Manager for The Secret World
Part-time milkshake recipe writer

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 10:52:44 AM

That sounds distinctly like our chat fix will not be in 1.1.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 10:54:02 AM

Yeah. I love how she mentions /say and /shout... and not a word on custom chat channels.

I wish I were a coder to try and understand what the fuck is wrong with them and a damn chat system. One would think that's not the hardest part to get right in a MMORPG, eh?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 10:59:52 AM

Like I said a few weeks ago, their chat coders were apparently summoned through a time portal from 2001. awesome, for real

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 11:31:59 AM

Like I said a few weeks ago, their chat coders were apparently summoned through a time portal from 2001. awesome, for real

They have chat coders?
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 12:59:19 PM

A question for our resident code monkeys IT experts: How can it be that such a (seemingly) simple issue proves so hard to fix?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 01:00:43 PM

I have to imagine that it is more down to them being undermanned and how they're prioritizing things rather than it being actually hard to do. That's my guess anyway.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 03:00:44 PM

Probably also that it's a legacy chat system from AO that no one who still works there knows how it properly operates, merged into a multi-server system that they probably also don't understand.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 03:12:13 PM

Yeah, the general theory I hear tossed around is that the chat issues came about from their recent conversion to their very cool but potentially rushed 'one-server' system.  I know little about coding and nothing about the systems at play. but it sounds plausible to me.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 05:24:15 PM

Without knowing specifics I'd go with what Ingmar and Ard said.

Chat systems are pretty simple, but you still need someone who understands their server architecture and knows enough about networking to get it working.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 07:47:52 AM

It's working again! And even keeping its subscription after zoning. Same can't be said for Cabal chat unfortunately but it's a start.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:31 AM

Fucking unbelievable. While I am so glad custom chat is working again, I can't believe they still haven't nailed it all down. Maan.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:36 AM

Well, it's working again. So don't forget to join the shared chat channel every time you log in.

/chat join f13   - to enter the channel
/chat leave f13   - to leave the channel
/chat list f13     - to see who else is in the channel

Cross-faction and cross-server.
also, make sure to give it its own tab if you want to have a chance at noticing messages.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 11:09:39 AM

I don't believe the FFXI folks *ever* fixed their problem that chat messages sent while you're zoning would be lost (pretty sure their chat servers were local to the zone servers and handover from server to server was imperfect).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel  
Jump to: