Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel  (Read 19356 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: July 01, 2012, 06:06:20 AM

Who would be up for this?
Seems easier and more effortless than in other games. Unless you are already in a guild of friends, I don't see why not.

If anything would be a shared chat channel for help with quests and dugeons.

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:44:45 PM by Falconeer »

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:38:30 AM

Have they removed faction restrictions from cabals? Or would we need three?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:33 AM

Uhnn, right. Scratch this.

I created the f13 Chat Channel though. It's cross-everything so it should be useful.

/chat join f13   - to enter the channel
/chat leave f13   - to leave the channel
/chat list f13     - to see who else is in the channel

Then you can add a tab in your chat interface by clicking on the + sign and making sure to pick f13. This is necessary to prevent message to be lost in the /general flood. The #f13 tab title will get red colored when there are new messages.

It can be password protected too, and you can kick and ban people. So it's really guild-chatty.

Read these instructions if you are unable to talk in the channel, or if it doesn't autojoin back when you log in.
The chat system is weird. When you join a channel, including /group or /cabal it doesn't automatically "subscribe" you to that channel apparently. What you want to do is open a new tab for that specific kind of messages and then right click on that tab, and on "Talk to channel" you should put a check on the relative channel for that tab, AND THEN do the same thing under "Subscribe channels ---> Public Groups ---> specific channel for that tab".

Please, feel free to join.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:43:06 PM by Falconeer »

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:23 AM

Anyone else having trouble chatting in the f13 channel? if I type /f13 or /#f13 i can't enter anything, if I just use it as my default channel nothing I type is seen. If I try to subscribe to a channel it tells me there's no groups available or whatever.

Anyone else with issues? I'm guessing I messed something up but it just seems odd
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:30 PM

The chat system is weird. When you join a channel, including /group or /cabal it doesn't automatically "subscribe" you to that channel apparently. What you want to do is open a new tab for that specific kind of messages and then right click on that tab, and on "Talk to channel" you should put a check on the relative channel for that tab, AND THEN do the same thing under "Subscribe channels ---> Public Groups ---> specific channel for that tab".

Finally, but we haven't tested yet, you should put a checkmark on "Autosubscribe new channels" on all tab, cause it seems you do not autojoin previous channels when you log out and back in. So, this might fix it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:38:36 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:38:22 PM

Ok DO NOT USE "Autosubscribe to new channels". That makes a real mess. DO NOT USE IT.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

Anyone else having trouble chatting in the f13 channel? if I type /f13 or /#f13 i can't enter anything, if I just use it as my default channel nothing I type is seen. If I try to subscribe to a channel it tells me there's no groups available or whatever.

Anyone else with issues? I'm guessing I messed something up but it just seems odd

Sounds like you could have the problem I'm having. Have you lost access to all public chat channels?  As in Subscribe Channels > Public Groups just has the computer generated one plus say and tells? If so then it's a known technical issue (always seems to happen to me if I lost connection to the game) that they're working on. Which doesn't make it any better when you've been unable to use chat for about 6 hours  Ohhhhh, I see.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 02:19:47 PM

Different problem I think Tyrnan, I haven't lost any chat access

As for Falc's solutions, I couldn't get it working with a new window, had to be kept in the main window but my group window works fine de-tached
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 04:44:24 PM

Just to remind you all to join the f13 chat when in game. It's pretty cool to have people willing to help you with quests and groups and everything all the time (we are spread across so many differentt timezones).

/chat join f13   - to enter the channel
/chat list f13     - to see who else is in the channel

Remember that you have to manually join the channel every time you log in, and you definitely want to dedicate a chat tab to it, or you will never notice new messages. See you there.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:04:23 PM

We just finished an all-f13 double-run on the second dungeon, Inferno, and it went very well. This is a group photo from the event.

The f13 chat channel is still buggy as hell but it's not preventing us from meeting up and having good things going on. Despite the game being, as many put it, almost a single player game, the dungeons are lots of fun due to the lack of trash mobs, and worth the "hassle" of grouping up with other f13 folks for rare loot and interesting boss fights.

Take this as advertisement: join the f13 chat channel (or buy the game if you haven't yet), and ask in channel for help with dungeons. Funcom built it in a way that it's always useful to rerun old dungeons, regardless of how much you outleveled them, so as a result everyone is always willing to lend a hand. Don't be shy.

Also, but this is just a personal side note, time to scrap that :lol Funcom: bullshit.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

Also, but this is just a personal side note, time to scrap that :lol Funcom: bullshit.

Not quite, because there's still a good bit of :lol Funcom: bullshit in the game - like the bugged up quests and the chat channels fucking up.

But yes, they got the server shit right, as in the servers aren't melting and I haven't ever really had trouble logging in. And goddamn but the game is fun.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:33 PM

I would like a functional inventory, too. I can't drop things in half the slots.

But I never let jank get in the way of a fun game.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31:22 PM

Not quite, because there's still a good bit of :lol Funcom: bullshit in the game - like the bugged up quests and the chat channels fucking up.

Kinda agree. Really enjoying the game, but there is still a borderline-unacceptable amount of jank here for a modern been-8-years-since-WoW MMO. Now that I know ya'all have a chat channel, I'll join it. I'm not a fan of my nickname, but they wouldn't let me do "DQ".
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 06:06:40 AM

Well I was the one who started the lolfuncom thing and it was mainly about why pre-release I never even bothered to look at information about the game or try the open beta. But yeah, this is a great game. We'll see what happens at release, but I'm finding TSW a lot more fun than I found the GW2 beta.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:33:17 PM

I'm digging the little I've seen. Thanks to everyone that dragged me through Polaris yesterday! Is that how all instances are? I thought it was very well done.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:38 PM

Bann! What's your in-game name? (I'm getting OCD about the lroster thread)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:44 PM

Just for fun, the Leaderboard for XP earned among the f13 people. As far as I know my friend list has you all, so I only had to edit out the few non-f13 friends (the blanks in the picture).

In short, Segoris get a life.  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:56:08 PM

Some of you motherfuckers are real catasses.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:26 PM

Some of you motherfuckers are real catasses.

I find it funny that I'm not one of them.  I can't seem to play this game longer than an hour before needing a break. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 01:15:02 PM

I've had some freetime lately, yes.  awesome, for real

More importantly though, I'm almost never alone, which means I earn XP at a much faster rate (also some quests later on give 1mil xp per quest along with whatever you get for mobs). I've been in the same duo since Blue Mountains and we're now in the last part of Trans (and have re-done most of the zones for achieves and what not for clothing)

The times I'm on alone I don't get shit done because the game plays entirely different for me as it's a bit less fun (though still fun)

edit-stuff
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:18:25 PM by Segoris »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 01:15:13 PM

Ard already passed me up?  FFFFFF..  I blame LoL. 

-Rasix
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:03 PM

I would like to duo the later zones but don't have a partner and my friends aren't there yet.  Going solo I find the ap per hour to be faster over powering Kingsmouth town than barely surviving Translyvania.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 02:02:58 PM

I would like to duo the later zones but don't have a partner and my friends aren't there yet.  Going solo I find the ap per hour to be faster over powering Kingsmouth town than barely surviving Translyvania.

Blue Mountain sucks solo as well.  God I hate that zone... love the look of it though.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 02:05:07 PM

Eh, just the bog is bad, IMO.  Just leave most of that place for last.

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 02:14:06 PM

The Bog was awful (and I left BM before even getting to it, so I was over-geared when I did finally get back to it). The biggest problem with BM is it is not appropriately tuned in difficulty to a point where it is actually easier to farm some lair mobs (near the mines) or go to Egypt then it is to do a number of the BM quests at the intended level. It's being nerfed soon though which will help, but I'd still suggest finding a good duo/trio and hitting content.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 03:04:35 PM

Ard already passed me up?  FFFFFF..  I blame LoL.  

How the eff did I pass you?  I'm behind you in content.  I'm only like halfway through BM.

edit:  I do lots of fusang and dungeons with people when they're on.  That might be it.  I'm also unemployed and a cat ass apparently.
Rasix

Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 03:06:30 PM

No idea.  Maybe you kill more stuff than I do.  Or do more instances. Or PVP (this could be it).

Maybe I have a 10% exp reduction for choosing the Sara Palin face/hair combo. 

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:43 PM

Hah.  I'm in last place.  Go me.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 04:56:35 PM

Last place? I didn't even make the page!  Sad Panda

I only have 5.2M exp...between being out of town, construction project and launching the new software at work, the last three weeks have been booked almost completely solid. Doesn't really let up much until September, so I look forward into falling behind everyone in GW2, too!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:59:10 PM by Sky »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 09:56:48 PM

Well, with the chat channel being busted, this is sorta relevant.  We created a cabal on the dragon side a few days ago.   If you're dragon, and want people from here to talk to until they fix chat again send a message to me, Seraphim, or Njal (Ardahl, Leanan, Raineth).  There's one on the illuminati side also, but I'm not sure who set it up or can give invites.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:46 AM

I so wish they'd allow cross-faction cabals.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 08:23:57 AM

Secret-secret societies!  It'll be like Paranoia.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:16 AM

Secret-secret societies!  It'll be like Paranoia.
Double-secret societal probation if you don't trust the computer. It's your friend.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:53 PM

I so wish they'd allow cross-faction cabals.

So say we all.

Are there enough F13 Templars? Any interest in starting a bat-templar chapter?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:54 PM

I'm mostly playing my Femplar now. Pistols rock and I like the faction better than Illuminati.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Bat Country in-game chat channel  
Jump to: