Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Polaris 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Polaris  (Read 10343 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:24 AM

Everyone should run this once.  It has a couple really neat things in it.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:48:27 AM

Everyone should run this once.  It has a couple really neat things in it.

I'd love to but lately noone is making groups for it. I'm also not quite fully QL3 yet.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:20 AM

We all should have a friend list of about least 20 people from f13 at the moment. This is where the cross-server tthing is gonna shine. It shouldn't be too hard to find 5 of us wiling to do that instance at any given time, for fun, plot and gear.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:28 AM

Sounds like I need to add all of you to my friends list then. Right now the character I play the most, by far, is TheWolfe.

I tried Polaris tonight and we got all the way to the end boss. My group was only so-so with no true healer and an undergeared tank but we figured stuff out. It was kind of fun.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:20:01 AM

Who is up for a trial run today?

Me and Tyrnan were thinking of running a group in a few hours. Tentatively I would say about 4 hours from now today, which means

6.30pm GMT/UTC
11.30am PDT
1.30am EDT

If someone is up for it but would prefer another time we can see based on the people if it's worth trying multiple times or moving the starting time altogether.
Any takers?
Also, post your "role", if you can. I would say at least QL2 gear is mandatory.

Or just jump on the in-game chat channel and we can get organized there.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:56:24 AM by Falconeer »

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:47 AM

Bleh my router is acting up the last few days and whenever I get disconnected from the game I lose access to all chat channels. They've been gone a couple of hours now and no sign of them coming back so I might not be able to make it if we do manage to get a group together.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:08:41 AM

I'm interest but am only DPS. My wife is DPS/offheals though not an f13 person.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:25 AM

If she feels like it she should totally come.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:10:39 AM

Well I got in a group and we blew through Polaris with ease. Less than 30 minutes for the whole dungeon. No one died. Our tanks health got red once when the healer had some RL issues that was it.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 06:23:20 PM

Alright, some of us f13ers did this a few hours ago and I think it's pretty neat. Nice rewards (all QL3 and all Blue I think), no trash mobs and very satisfying final boss.

Even if you don't usually like dungeons and instances, make sure not to skip or outlevel this. It's quick and it's worth it.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:22 AM

Alright, some of us f13ers did this a few hours ago and I think it's pretty neat. Nice rewards (all QL3 and all Blue I think), no trash mobs and very satisfying final boss.

Even if you don't usually like dungeons and instances, make sure not to skip or outlevel this. It's quick and it's worth it.

I agree but for info, every dungeon in the game is also available in a QL 10 version (known as the elite version - but elite in this game just means QL10) so even if you outlevel them, you can do them eventually.

There are also "nightmare" versions of each dungeon, which I think are super-hard QL 10 versions.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 06:32:24 AM

Yeah, this was a good bit of fun. For the first dungeon I liked the mechanics as it did a lot of introducing the way mobs work and makes people think a bit more (boss tip spoilered)

Inferno felt less like a dungeon requiring thinking and but players needed to be more technical in execution. Also, inferno starts dropping badass weapons for artwork. I like it.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 07:06:38 AM

And unique inferno-themed outfits/clothing!

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:42 PM

I was finishing Kingsmouth and finally wandered over to the area where this starts.   I'm a bit confused though as there didn't seem to be any actual quests leading me towards this area?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37:03 PM

"Dead in the Water" is the name of the quest, and it's handed out by one of the two characters standing there.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:19:36 AM

I was finishing Kingsmouth and finally wandered over to the area where this starts.   I'm a bit confused though as there didn't seem to be any actual quests leading me towards this area?

Yea. Same with the lighthouse dude in the next zone.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:58 AM

"Dead in the Water" is the name of the quest, and it's handed out by one of the two characters standing there.

No I figured that out.   I meant there was no quest that was like "Check out those orochi guys at the bridge!".   It leaves me feeling I've missed something.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:02 AM

Yeah, I don't think there has ever really been a breadcrumb quest to any of the first three dungeons. Though Polaris is the most out of the way as the next two are right next to major areas.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 07:21:10 AM

Although you can clearly see on the map the icon for "Meaningful NPC" (quest giver) up there where Mr. Tuvok is.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:58 AM

True, but the quest flow doesn't take you there. Normally I wouldn't mind that, but I tend to stick with what's on my quest log thanks to the limited amount quests allowed. I wouldn't have ever bothered with it previously if I didn't join a group that was doing Polaris and ended up there due to having plenty of content everywhere else on that map
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 10:59:50 AM

Trying to organize another f13 run for those who haven't done it yetor anyone who feels like doing it again, for loot, xp and giggles. Ideal starting time for me would be in a couple of hours from now (look at the post time). I'll be around in the f13 chat or you can send me a /tell (Lefteye, if you haven't added me to your friend list). Needless to say, we need a pseudo-healer or something.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 11:36:01 AM

I'd be down.  I'm working on building ap to actually buy more fully into another healing tree, but I probably have enough out of the core fist tree to do it, and I'm sitting in healing gear right now, but it really feels like I can't heal for much.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 11:40:41 AM

As we were discussing with Rasix in chat a while ago, lots of people underestimate the power of debuffing. With shotguns and hammers (and I am sure with other weapons too) you can cut any enemy's damage output by 30%. It's a lot, and it can really make a difference, especially in boss fights. So don't worry, between heals and mad debuffs, we should be golden (aren't you crazy high level anyway? or am I mistaken?).

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:33 AM

I'd definitely be up for it too (assuming chat holds up why so serious?). I can come as DPS or a DPS/Heal hybrid if needed.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 12:21:57 PM

I'm just about finishing up Kingsmouth today in between babysitting the guys in teh basement. They should be wrapping up in a couple hours, getting ready to mix concrete right now.

I've got 2 QL3 weapons (one blue), the rest is split between 2 and 3 (all greens). I guess I'm dps, but I wear mostly tanky pieces for the hps. I did manage to find 3 QL3 heal talismans but don't have the abilities to make it worth putting them on.

So I'll come along as a minimally useful person  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I only have some affliction and a 3s impair.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:49 PM

Polaris is nice cause it's doable at QL2 but makes you feel it's tough stuff. Don't worry, you'll be useful.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 01:32:32 PM

Probably not tonight, out of town tomorrow night, working late Sat night. Sucks for mmo when gaming is not a priority.

Mostly just kitted QL3 with those Orochi quests and hulk drops.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 01:43:05 PM

I'm down for DPSing (mostly ql3) if you guys haven't done it yet.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 03:19:21 PM

We did 2 runs of f13 people. Went really smooth, had fun, and managed to get 4 out of 5 lore objects. We kept forgetting the first one. Always up to do it again, it's almost 6 AP every run. And money.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 03:32:42 PM

Finally got in a run with someone.   Some of the weapon models in there seem to be unique.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Polaris  
Jump to: