Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 10:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: SimCity Social 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SimCity Social  (Read 4566 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: June 24, 2012, 08:19:14 AM

Apparently EA thinks it can 1-up the Zynga dynasty by putting SimCity head-to-head with CityVille.  Based on the previews I've seen, they might just do it.  It's not going be like CityVille where you just built crap and friend-whore yourself in order to both finish building more crap, rather it'll be like actual fucking Sim City.

They say launch is in the next couple weeks.  I'll give it a whirl.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:22:57 PM

Is this a aFacebook game or just a browser game or both?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:12:21 AM

A Facebook game, and since it went open beta yesterday, I tried it out.

And contrary to the hype, the game is exactly like CityVille, sans the "build your various franchises in all of your neighbor's cities" thing. 

So yeah, nevermind about this.  Just go grab SimCity 2 or 3 if you need a fix.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:18 PM

99% of games that say they aren't going to be typical Facebook games end up being typical Facebook games.

I'm looking at you Civ!

It's like MMO developers who say you can greatly impact the world. They know they are supposed to say that - regardless of whether they have any intention of following through. It's ok though because Zynga just released The 'Ville which is pretty much exactly Sims Online, so now EA and Zynga have formed some sort of Facebook-game Ouroboros.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:18:14 PM

Recently announced, EA is cancelling SimCity Social, Sims Social, and Pet Society as of June 14th.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: SimCity Social  
Jump to: