Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: A Day Under the Rising Sun (Victoria II/House Divided Radicalthon) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Day Under the Rising Sun (Victoria II/House Divided Radicalthon)  (Read 3030 times)
brellium
Terracotta Army

on: June 23, 2012, 04:32:59 PM

Playing Victoria II/House Divided Expansion for the first time and decided this should make a good radicalthon.

Japan (circa 1836)

It seems we are not just an Uncivilized Nation, we are also considered a "Primitive Nation" as well.  It's time to show those squinty-eyed westerners our idea of civilized.

The question just becomes how.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:21:07 PM by brellium »

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:19 PM

These changes are odd, in the Reforms Tab, under Politics it now lists reforms a nation must undertake in order to become "Civilized".

My assumption is that you need to reach 100% and each of the reforms has a percentage value attached to it.

There are two options with the Meiji Restoration:

A.) The resulting revolution will not end well.

or,

B.) Suck the teet of some major power (enter their sphere of influence).

edit: forgot how to use dropbox
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:21:39 PM by brellium »

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:28:11 PM

The Japanese people will westernize, for the Emperor!

As a test of Japanese spirit, yamato damashii, The Imperial Court demands reforms. The Shogunate is left to manage the reforms and has some initial success.

The Court now looks for a demonstration.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:47:08 PM

The people stand behind the Emperor and demand action!

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:00:28 PM

With Brunei no longer a threat, the Court sees much discontent with many of the recent changes and looks to build a large army to more "effectively" manage the country.

So much for yamato damashii.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:37 PM

Well, this proves to be utterly pointless and boring, 1863, Japan makes #8 and becomes a Great Power, safely so by 100 points. 

I actually had to re run the game a few times, the first game I got the Wind of Westernization quickly, subsequent games it failed to fire (I have a habit of not taking screen shots).  I got frustrated and manually triggered it to run it something close to the first game.  (I have saves and screen shots in two different directories, both from the same run and not the same saves and screen shots, odd).

Notes on runs, no Wind of Westernization = safe 20 year run to Civilized, Wind of Westernization = Hellish 20 year run to Civilize, possibility of revolution throwing you back into Uncivilized. Strangely one of the runs the revolution died down and nothing happened, I think as I was already under the Shogunate it had nothing to change me to.

Another new twist, previous runs no one could touch China.  DoW'ing China would result in gang rape from all other Major/great powers.  Current run Russia and GB are ass raping China for Russia's benefit.

I think a new CK II game would be more interesting.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: A Day Under the Rising Sun (Victoria II/House Divided Radicalthon)  
Jump to: