Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Is Eve fixed? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Eve fixed?  (Read 2696 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:55 AM

Ok so I just started playing again from a year sabbatical and I've been impressed with some of the changes they have made to internet spaceships. There's a lot of tweaks and improvements that have made the game flow along that little bit better. I've been voicing that they need to remove jump-bridge passwords since I first encountered them back way when and it seems they are no longer needed which is a massive leap in the 0.0 experience. Ironic how this change seems to have coincided with less jump bridges, god was it needed back in the day. The customizable toolbars are a really nice addition, I would now like to see custom icons or at least a better market icon.

There are numerous other little tweaks that have improved my experience as a regular grunt. Don't know if it's fixed but it's running a lot smoother than it was when I stopped playing last year.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 07:35:33 AM

By far the biggest fix for 0.0 dwellers was time dilation.  Now with huge fights game time slows down but no one lags out into complete unresponsiveness and "jump in 300 dudes and roll the black-screen dice" is a thing of the past.  But it's still the same old EVE with isk grinds and many an evening spent circling POS waiting for the stars to align and FCs to decide this is the optimal time to fight.  Depends how much you're burnt out with all that crap.  Doubt I'll ever play EVE again but I still like reading about it.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:47:20 PM

It seems to be approaching late-game entropy though. A reduced input of new blood in null-sec which is dominated by fewer and fewer active older powers. And the changes introduced in the last "expansion" seem pretty shallow.

Though the faction war changes being thoroughly exploited by the goon economics sub-division was cool. Those guys are so much more clever than CCP it's always amusing to read.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Is Eve fixed?  
Jump to: