Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:19:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Where are the Auctions? (Random Dungeons 4tw!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are the Auctions? (Random Dungeons 4tw!)  (Read 4556 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: June 15, 2012, 12:47:12 PM

So picked this up after a 3 year break.  AH seems very light on Auctions.  Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:30:21 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:50:57 PM

If you went back to the PVP server.. yeah.  With heirloom items, there's no market for leveling greens. As a result any greens found are DE'd by an alt or in the dungeon as you're running it.

The only greens that sell are high-fashion items, which very few on a PVP server care about.

Other alternative is: There is simply no Horde on the server you're on.   I know the Horde side of my PVE server has only a few hundred players left.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:53:13 PM

If you went back to the PVP server.. yeah.  With heirloom items, there's no market for leveling greens. As a result any greens found are DE'd by an alt or in the dungeon as you're running it.

The only greens that sell are high-fashion items, which very few on a PVP server care about.

Other alternative is: There is simply no Horde on the server you're on.   I know the Horde side of my PVE server has only a few hundred players left.

What is an "heirloom" item and why would the designers destroy solo ability this way?

Second question is green.  Really wondering what this heirloom stuff is.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:07 PM

Short-answer: Account-bound gear that scales with character level, usually purchased at max-level for low-level alts.

Long answer: http://www.wowwiki.com/Heirloom
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:44 PM

Also: If you really need gear the quests through to BC were all reitemized so they provide useful equipment rather than shit pieces.  You shouldn't be vendoring quest gear anymore like you did 3 years ago unless there's no option for your class/ spec as the reward.

If you run dungeons (hit "i" then pick a role) you can faceroll all the old content and get decent upgrades if you roll need.  I've yet to run in to folks who needs items when alt-leveling because nearly everyone's decked-out in Heirlooms these days.

If you have a bunch of honor points, you can pick up some decent heirloom pvp weapons in the PVP hall of Orgrimmar.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:06 PM

Heirlooms don't destroy the solo experience at all.  The new content is so easy that you don't need anything for leveling outside of the quest gear.  Hell, I ended up taking off my exp+ heirlooms because I was leveling too damn fast.

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:03 PM

Heirlooms don't destroy the solo experience at all.  The new content is so easy that you don't need anything for leveling outside of the quest gear.  Hell, I ended up taking off my exp+ heirlooms because I was leveling too damn fast.

Was referring to a new person buying/selling stuff on AH.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 10:43:37 PM

Something else that's happening right now, is that WoW is in a bit of a lull.

- The current expansion's end raid has been live for months. Most "serious" raiders have done it as many times as they really want to, and they know nothing new is coming along until MoP.
- Summertime. Tradition states that WoW pops dip at least a little when June rolls around
- D3. Lots of WoW subscribers bought the annual pass. In spite of all the negative stuff you might be seeing on the D3 board, it's still a play-every-night game for some people. It's only been live for a month.

The point being, low populations mean fewer auctions. Of everything.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 03:21:18 AM

Was referring to a new person buying/selling stuff on AH.
If you're buying from the AH, you're doing it wrong. Merusk is right - use quest rewards/dungeon drops all the way up to 85 and sell everything else on the AH.

Of course, if there's nobody else selling low-level gear there that simply means you've got a nice captive market of people who do buy from the AH - both lower levels and also people looking for that one transmog item they need.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:30:45 AM

Random dungeons is the shit!   awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:21 AM

Random dungeons is the shit!   awesome, for real

Why the hell do you think some of us harp about it not being in post-Wrath MMO games?   why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Where are the Auctions? (Random Dungeons 4tw!)  
Jump to: